Bengals vs. Dolphins..Who wins???

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BATMAN, Sep 11, 2004.

1. BATMAN

BATMAN Well-Known Member

Based on today's game, I think next Sunday night might get real ugly..

Bengals

2. DaQuix

DaQuix Banned Hammered

Based on todays game ; Bengals

3. 3P

3P I believe I can fly!

You're captain negative tonight, aren't you?

Fin-Atic... is that you? :goof:

Oh yeah, and the 'Phins will win.

4. Zacher87

Zacher87 Starter

We had some life once Feeley went in there... Despite the interception, he lit a (small) spark under this offense. And our D looked (Well, sounded, no TV) good...

I think we win this game.

5. BATMAN

BATMAN Well-Known Member

No, just being realistic...Miami can't run the ball. They can't throw the ball.
    Simple..Their head coach sucks and they have an apathetic owner.

6. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

If Feeley and Gordon start (and practice as starters all week) the Dolphins will win. If Fiedler and Minor start, the Bengals have a good chance to win.

7. 3P

3P I believe I can fly!

Feeley didn't practice with the first team as the starter, and aside from a miscue by the guy who's been on the team 2 days... played pretty darn good. Gordon has been on the team 2 days, had one practice... and did pretty good behind out line.

8. crazyzach

crazyzach Scout Team

Miami will lose and lose many more after. I hope I'm wrong. If I'm not, at least we will have something to look froward to in April for a change. We should have a couple of high draft picks if Ricky returning to the Raiders.

9. Spector

Spector Starter

Yes because we all know that the owner sitting in his luxury box with people waiting on him hand and foot has 90% to do wiht what goes on in the game.

based on todays game: Dolphins

Did you see/hear in my case the way the team pulled together when feeley came in. Yes 1 int, yes bad mistake, yes he will get better, yes this was the first time the entire team played together in a real game, yes this was gordons first game and without even as much as a practice under his belt.

Dolphins win, hands down

10. CanadaPhinsFan

CanadaPhinsFan A True Fan

If the Titans had trouble scoring against us, how is Cincy with a 1st year starter going to score?

11. iceblizzard69

iceblizzard69 Banned Hammered

The Bengals are a pretty good team. Their offense could give us problems. We were very good against the pass today but Chad Johnson has emerged as one of the better WRs in the league. Also, Rudi Johnson could give us problems in the run game. I think we will be able to expose Carson Palmer's inexperience. I do think Rudi Johnson will have a good game. It will eventually come down to our passing game. Cincy doesn't have the greatest defense so I think this is a winnable game.

12. Bling

Bling tehMick PWNS my life

If the deep CB core we have can stop the good 3 WRs the Bengals have, if we can rattle the sophmore Palmer, and we can contain Rudi Johnson, we'll win.

Dolphins 23
    Bengals 14

13. DaQuix

DaQuix Banned Hammered

if the titans threw more they would have scored more

14. CanadaPhinsFan

Oh, thanks. Now I understand. Our D actually sucks. The Titans only scored 10 offensive points because that's all they wanted to score. I'm glad you pointed that out.

15. 3P

3P I believe I can fly!

:0wned:

16. Fawn Lebowitz

Fawn Lebowitz Starter

Bengals win in a landslide. If you cant run the ball, and the Fins aren't going to be able with the pathetic backs they have, you will not win a football game. I said 6-10 would be your record and I might have to ammend that to 3-13 based on todays game.

17. CanadaPhinsFan

I'm guessing you're a Bungles fan?

18. Fawn Lebowitz

Fawn Lebowitz Starter

Nope, a Colts fan. And it's still true about being able to run the ball.

19. Lungoystr

Lungoystr Pro Bowler

I can say, without a doubt, that the team that scores the most points will win that game. You can quote me on this one.;)

20. Lungoystr

Lungoystr Pro Bowler

If McNair would have dropped back more, he'd have been on his arse more. BTW, expect Bledsoe to see much turf in our meetings this season.

21. jcaponio

jcaponio Starter

Best line since the Wanny post game press conference.

22. jcaponio

jcaponio Starter

No matter how horrendous our offense is, our D will keep us in most games, therefore guaranteeing that we at least stumble into some wins. Think about it, we just held one of the game's best passers to 73 yards. 73. Thats his lowest total ever. The D allowed 10 points against the league's highest scoring team from a year ago. These guys scored at least 30 points 6 straight games last year, the first time in history that has been done. We could not have played a worse game offensively, yet if Mare makes that FG, we have the ball with a minute left and a chance to tie against one of the most physical, disciplined teams in the NFL.

23. Icer

Icer Well-Known Member

Depends how they do versus the Jets tomorrow. How Carson Palmer performs is key, but judging from today. You guys need to shore up that Run defense before Rudi Johnson & Chris Perry hit you for 200+ yds.

What was it today, 180? A little more than half from Brown, and the rest from A.Smith & Eduards (or whatever the 3rd string backs name is) does not bode well

24. Bling

Bling tehMick PWNS my life

We managed running the ball considering we were facing the best run stopping defense.

25. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Super Donator

If you are going to be that negative, don't even post! Dolphins in a big way!

26. Ferretsquig

Ferretsquig Perennial All-Pro

Somehow I doubt the phins will manage to score 23 points in any game this season. If that Oline doesnt get better real soon its gonna be a season of 10-7 ballgames. We should see how good Palmer is this week against the Jets who will probably try to pressure him continuously. The good knews for the phins is they have a great secondary, traditionally feast on young QBs, and should have timbo back to stuff the middle. Phins win 9-7.

27. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member of the 'Owned! Awards' Commitee

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

28. Pope Shula XIV

Pope Shula XIV EDDSified!

The Bengals will blitz AJ without mercy. Our second rate offensive line and an inexperienced Lamar Gordon will struggle with the blitz pickups. AJ will leave the game with an injury. Fiedler comes in and we lose.

Dolphins 16
    Bengals 21

29. Fin Fan in Cali

Now why would a true Dolphin fan say his starting Quarterback will leave the game due to injury! Dude go be negative somewhere else! To predict injury on someone is not right!

30. Dolphin1184

I wish I had a crystal ball like you.

31. Fin Fan in Cali

Yeah run the ball is right, but hold onto the ball is another story!

32. Dolphin1184

:roflmao:

Colts fan, you are being unfair to Gordon, a guy who looked great at St. Louis, and one who we signed 2 days ago and hasnt even practiced. HE WASNT EVEN GOING TO PLAY until Sammie Morris got hurt. He will develop and get better.

33. FinsFan74

FinsFan74 Cement Shoes Distributor

Ammend allllllll you want there bro, doesn't change the fact that we're BOTH 0-1!!

34. finfrustration

finfrustration Member

Jay beats himself starts off 0-2

35. ladeback

ladeback Seasoned Veteran Finheaven VIP

fins in a close, ugly game

36. jesusfreak26

jesusfreak26 Holy Fin

cmon man thats like saying if Fiedler stayed in the game we would have won. They didn't want none of our pass D and was clearly trying to run the clock out.

37. jesusfreak26

jesusfreak26 Holy Fin

Yeah and your D is the best to walk on the field of any team this year. What are you guys just gonna have a winning season cause you have Manning, James, and Harrison and your the Colts?

38. CrazyCarl

CrazyCarl snitchin is bitchin

I dont see how we can lose to Cincy.. They are starting a 1st year QB and we handled Tennessee defensively.. Our defense shouldnt have had to be on the field as long as they were but they pretty much shut down Tennessee...

If we have Gordon and Feeley starting, I think we win... When fiedler was in the ball didnt go to McMichael once... When AJ came in we started driving down the field and moving the ball hitting an obvious open McMichael all day.. We can beat Cincy, hopefully Bowens will be back too because missing him hurt today too

39. late again

late again Pro Bowler

You can't compare the game today to the game next week. The Titans are w/o a doubt expected to be in contention for a SB trophy. Using the logic that dead girl from Animal House is using it would be equally safe to say the Colts will go 3-13. Hell, they had 4 T/Os and couldn't stop a pass when they knew the Pats were passing. All that aside the Fins win next week. The Bengals are improved, but they don't have McNair. Every year everyone (except Titans fans) think McNair is due to slow down; have a bad year; etc. because he's had some pretty significant injuries. But McNair is a bada$$ and as good as anyone playing. Not to mention Jeff Fisher is an outstanding coach. We lost, true enough, but we were competitive against a really solid team.

40. Fawn Lebowitz

Fawn Lebowitz Starter

I'm just quoting you because you were the last to quote me, but......... I never have said that the Colts D was the best to walk the earth. Our D is at best servicable. Freeney is a monster, fast and learning very quickly. Doss is down with a pulled hammy.:fire: The defense as a whole has a lot of learning to do and do it quick, our second round pick Bob Sanders had better be ready to play by week three or we will be in serious trouble. We are both 0-1, but you would have to delusional to think that our teams are on the same page as far of what is expected and what will be delivered in the win/loss record. We WILL go to the playoffs,the Dolhpins will not. The Colts should go as far as the playoffs, and alot of people think the same. The Fins will go as far as Feeley gets them, a probable 3rd in division. I'm not hating on the Fins, just stating what I think will happen. We put up over 200 yards of rushing on the Pats and lost,damn kickers, but I still believe that this is THE year for us. Thanx for listening.