Besides the Phins... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Besides the Phins...

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
Which South Florida team in your opinions has had the most succesful franchise. Need I mind you it is between Florida Panthers, Miami Heat, and Florida Marlins.

I say The Marlins.

Easy.....the Marlins. You can't argue with a championship.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

Well, none of them have really ever been that successful. However, the Marlins are the most successful because they did win a World Series, but that was just one good year out of many terrible ones.

:lol: True that. The Marlins have gone over .500 one season....that was the one where they won the championship.

actually, there are two ways to look at this, from a championship standpoint and a business standpoint...

I think the panthers and heat overall have had more success than the marlins, when u add in the awful years after the world series, it just brings them down....

Panthers have made it to the playoffs a few times, including that cup run...the heat until the last few seasons were a good team, especially the one in 97 ? that was in the Eastern Conference finals...so u cant really say what franchise is teh best besides teh fins...

As far as the marlins argument is concerned...how can u say they are the most successful, when they cant even get their own stadium, its tougher for NHL and NBA teams to achieve success, since they have a salary cap....and both the heat and panthers have their own arenas...

theres so many ways to look at this...

But conversely, baseball is about who has the most money. I'd say it's even HARDER to be successful in baseball becase there is no cap. And because of it, you have to have a very wealthy owner, your own stadium, and consistently high ticket sales (having your own network broadcasting your games doesn't hurt either). Otherwise, you will not sustain success.

That's why the Yankees are always so good and teams like the Marlins are always at the bottom. When somebody becomes a very good player for a team like the Marlins, you either have to trade him or let him go to a team like NY because they can't afford to keep too many good players at one time.

I know Muck, which In my opinion BLOWS. There should be a cap in baseball, then I could assure you it would get more fans because you wouldn't see Yankees, Giants in playoffs every year.

Just one more reason why Football is better than Baseball.

Yeah Baseball IMO has more bad points then good points but it can hold me down every summer until football starts. Go Marlins!

Back
Top Bottom