BEST and WORST moment as a fan (slow offseason) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BEST and WORST moment as a fan (slow offseason)

Beelac8

Practice Squad
Reaction score
New member to the forum I've lurked since atleast the 07 season but have never made a thread I live in Lakeland(close to Tampa) and have got nothing but crap from bucs fans on how they are going to kill us this year which isn't going to happen I started thinking in everyone's experience what was your All time HIGH and all time LOW moment as a phins fan. There are easy ones for me im 26 like the Pennington Favre game from 08 or the olindo mare misses a field goal in overtime to watch Brady to brown win the game on a bomb in 05' but from yalls take what was the best and worst moments as a fan from yalls experiences.

Welcome brother! Great to have you here. The worst can be the 2007 season going 1-15 and 1984 getting to the Super Bowl was a great up, but the butt kicking we took was a downer. Another up was of course 1972 undefeated season as I was 8 years old. Another butt whoopin' was the playoff game against Jacksonville.

John aka Fin Fan In Cali

Man I remember watching the Marino comeback with my grandpa in Seattle the week before and saying this is the year and then the next week was so brutal thanks cali!

My high was SB VIII beating Minnesota. I was 7. Csonka became my hero that day.
The low.....sitting in Jack Murphy Stadium and watching Stoyanovich miss the game winner in the '94 playoffs.

* (62-7 was pretty low too)

Worst was the Monday night miracle. I was like 12, and I remember Jason Taylor saying something at half time like, "this is why I love coming to new York baby!"

Best was beating the jets on the road in 08. Philip Merlin with the freaking pick 6!!

Best moment for me was seeing the Dolphins clinch the division vs the Jests in 2008. I was only 8 when I saw them make the playoffs in the early 2000s so that was the first year i got to really appreciate seeing playoff football.

Worst was watching the first three quarters of the Monday night miracle, my dad telling me to go to bed because it was late, and me getting VERY upset when my dad told me what happened in the morning. ARGH.

My worst fan moments is having to do the walk of shame after Miami plays a nationally broadcast game (Sun night, Monday, Thurs) and completely blows it. Everyone knows I'm a Miami fan at work, and I apologize for Miami's failure to entertain them.

Worst: Marino's last game.

Best: Our last playoff win vs the Colts and Lamar runs for 200, and game winning TD in OT. It is his high for me because I was there, and the only playoff game I have seen live.

Both moments from the 1984 season...

Best: Dropping 45 points on the Steelers in the AFC Championship.

Worst: Losing to the 49ers in the Super Bowl.

2 bests:

1992 Divisional vs San Diego. 31-0 can was opened up, thought that was the best they ever looked.

2002 at Denver (week 5 I think): What looked like a game (at the time) of the 2 best teams in the league, Denver took a late lead, and Fielder led the Dolphins roughly 30 yards in very little time to give Mare 50 yard bomb. Downside: Fiedler got hurt on that drive, missed about a month, and Lucas came in and didnt look like a capable backup, wrecking the season. Still think that was a SB team that matched up well with a great Bucs defense who's weakness was the run, and Miami had the best running game in the league.

Welcome! Always good to talk with another Miami Dolphin fan.

So many highs early on as a fan. This team was among the best in the NFL during the Don Shula era and fans always had high expectations. The highlight for me was winning the first super bowl over the Washington Redskins. At the time being undefeated didn't seem like that big of a deal and I didn't think much about it until 1985.

That 1985 win against the Bears was my best "during the season" moment. That Orange Bowl crowd was electric and I can't recall the team ever playing a better first half of football.

Unfortunately, the lows have been many since Shula retired. I had Direct TV for that 1-15 season and watching Miami that year was painful and a chore. Although, the win in overtime was thrilling that year.

My worst moment is an easy one, though. That 1974 "Sea of Hands" game ranks first for me. That Miami team was probably the best in football and, as a fan, I always felt like the Dolphins were robbed. Probably similar to how New England fans felt when the NY Giants had that amazing catch and beat them in the super bowl. That loss, coupled with three stars players (Csonka, Warfield and Kiick) going to the World Football League, effectively ended Miami's dynasty.

Back
Top Bottom