Best-case/worst-case for defensive notables:Charles Harris | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best-case/worst-case for defensive notables:Charles Harris

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Charles Harris, DE, Miami Dolphins
No. 22 overall pick, Round 1, Missouri

Best-case scenario: The Dolphins are hoping that Harris is the heir apparent to Cam Wake as the defense's designated pass rusher off the edge. The electric Missouri product flashes exceptional first-step quickness and a non-stop motor harassing quarterbacks. In addition, Harris shows dynamic finishing skills as he routinely corrals QBs from the blind side.

Worst-case scenario: Despite showing outstanding promise as an edge rusher during summer workouts, Harris could still experience a slow transition to the pro game as a first-year performer on a team with playoff hopes. Sure, he will eventually work his way into the rotation, but the Dolphins need their top pick to be a difference maker from Day 1 to gain ground on the defending Super Bowl champs in the AFC East.

Projected stats: 45 tackles, seven sacks, one safety and a forced fumble.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...cast-bestcaseworstcase-for-defensive-notables

who projects a safety???? The number of safeties in a year combined (all ways one can be scored) is not much, and they are going to project one for a rookie DE taken 22 overall? That's just a "look at me" comment by a writer.

Interesting he gives Harris nearly the highest combined stats of all the DEs on his list including the #1 overall pick. I think the tackles are a tad high, especially for a DE, but I can see 7 sacks.

who projects a safety???? The number of safeties in a year combined (all ways one can be scored) is not much, and they are going to project one for a rookie DE taken 22 overall? That's just a "look at me" comment by a writer.

Interesting he gives Harris nearly the highest combined stats of all the DEs on his list including the #1 overall pick. I think the tackles are a tad high, especially for a DE, but I can see 7 sacks.
Yeah, I thought that was a little weird.

Back
Top Bottom