Best Mock I've seen ..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Mock I've seen .....

I would probably have a heart attack if this happened. Patterson Eifert Carradine and Amerson with the first 4 picks would be Jeff Ireland's masterpiece.

Give me Xavier Nixon instead of Brennan Williams, Jamar Taylor instead of Amerson.

I'd take Vince Williams over Kiko Alonso as well. Bakhiari will be long gone before the 7th, but if he wasn't, we'd take him over Ware and he'd fit perfectly as a G in our scheme.

What I am learning as I go through my evaluations and setting up a board is that there are a lot of players I really like in this draft, and not a ton of elite guys at the top. I'm hoping we're able to have someone fall in love with Warmack or Vacarro or Ansah and come up with us to get a few more mid-round picks.

We have a ton of holes and a bunch of different directions to go with everything in FA and the draft. The more I dig, the more I see what an advantageous position we're in with the space and picks we have. We're locked into very few directions and can afford to decide on the best course of action and then have the ammunition to play out the plan.

We land 4 first round talents with our first 4 picks? Would be bloody amazing.

For those too lazy to look through the article:

12-Miami Dolphins: Cordarrelle Patterson-Wide Receiver-Tennessee
imagesqtbnANd9GcT1rNDbwAy07Xqxr584t0BNSE-1.jpg

Analysis: The Dolphins will be aggressive in free agency and certainly will land one of the big free agent receivers such as Greg Jennings, Dwayne Bowe, or Mike Wallace but they still need to provide more weapons for Ryan Tannehill. Patterson is an outrageous specimen standing t 6”4 and possesses the ability to make defenders miss in the open field. Patterson in time will develop into one of the better receivers in the NFL and a go-to target for Tannehill.

42. Miami Dolphins: Tyler Eifert-Tight End-Notre Dame

Analysis: The Dolphins have the best tight end in the draft fall into their laps which also provides another weapon for Ryan Tannehill. The Dolphins have a major need at tight end so this pick is a match made in heaven.

54. Miami Dolphins (Indianapolis): Tank Carradine-Defensive End-Florida State

Analysis: Tank Carradine is a first round talent that falls due to injury. He is as good of a pass rusher as there is the draft and the Dolphins get an absolute steal. Carradine playing opposite of Cameron Wake gives the Dolphins a lethal combination and a defensive line consisting of Paul Soliai, Cam Wake, Jared Odrick, Olivier Vernon, and Tank Carradine will give opposing offenses nightmares.

77. Miami Dolphins: David Amerson-Cornerback-NC State

Analysis: Two years ago David Amerson would have been a top 15 pick coming off a season where he racked up 14 interceptions but in 2012 he was very mediocre. Amerson has off the charts ball-skills and is talented enough to contribute at a high level in the NFL as either a cornerback or a free safety.

82. Miami Dolphins (Chicago): Brennan Williams-Offensive Tackle-North Carolina

Analysis: The Dolphins are poised to let Jake Long walk in free agency meaning that Jonathan Martin will move over to left tackle. Brennan Williams is suited to be an all-pro right tackle in the NFL as he plays with tremendous strength and length. The Dolphins offensive line has a bright future with Jonathan Martin, Mike Pouncey, John Jerry, and Brennan Williams.

108. Miami Dolphins: BW Webb-Cornerback-William & Mary

Analysis: With the Dolphins poised to move on from Sean Smith and Richard Marshall this off-season drafting corners makes a lot of sense. BW Webb is a major sleeper in this draft and the Dolphins have done a solid job at revamping the corner position with Amerson and Webb.

139. Miami Dolphins: Kirko Alonso-Linebacker-Oregon

Analysis: The Dolphins need linebacker depth and they get a solid pickup in the Oregon linebacker that is all over the field.

http://nfldraftwizard.com/?p=3079

The only issue I have is that he has Matt Elam (ok I'm a bit biased here being a Gators fan) going at 78, right before we take Amerson. I would take Elam any day of the week before Amerson here, as I think we'll have a need at safety too with Clemons a FA. He's got a few players really slipping like Manti Teo at around 51 and not enough QBs in round one, we've seen in recent drafts how teams overdrafting them is becoming something of a trend. Patterson, Eifert and Carradine with the first 3 picks would be absolutely awesome.

Manti Te'o falling in the bottom of the 2nd and Eifert falling to the 2nd, really? This is a great work of fiction, thats for sure.

Back
Top Bottom