• Quentin Griffin

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Jason Gesser

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anyone else

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Those of you who are Kingsbury stat watchers that have never seen him play, did you watch the bowl game vs Clemson tonight. What I have been saying all along about Kingsbury proved to be true once again. He's more a product of the system than talent. 4 out of every 5 plays were 3 drop slants, WR screens, & HB screens. Helping my case was when BJ Symons was substituted in for Kingsbury when he sprained his ankle. Symons was in for two possessions, & both drives ended with him throwing a TD. He finished 7 of 9 with yards & 2 TDs.

No, but I was at the game v. Oklahoma and he had a terrible day.

LOL, what did I tell you guys about Kingsbury. His stock plumeted big time at the Senior Bowl. I told you his arm sucked, & he's now locked himself up as a 2nd day project prospect.

Ragone took a little hit at the combine too for having the Rob Johnson syndrome(holding on to the ball too long), but he's still a solid late first to early 2nd rounder.

Originally posted by SMadison29
LOL, what did I tell you guys about Kingsbury. His stock plumeted big time at the Senior Bowl. I told you his arm sucked, & he's now locked himself up as a 2nd day project prospect.

Ragone took a little hit at the combine too for having the Rob Johnson syndrome(holding on to the ball too long), but he's still a solid late first to early 2nd rounder.

The QB class is so entertaining. These guys are all over the place. Palmer and Leftwitch will be gone in the first round, but every one else could go from round 1 to round 3. It changes daily. It will be interesting to look back in a few years.

I think this class as the potential to be better than the Couch, McNabb, Smith, Culpepper, McNown, King class. I really like the top 6 QBs of this class. The top 3 seem to be locked in: Palmer, Leftwich, & Grossman. The other 3 will go by team preferense.

Originally posted by SMadison29
I think this class as the potential to be better than the Couch, McNabb, Smith, Culpepper, McNown, King class. I really like the top 6 QBs of this class. The top 3 seem to be locked in: Palmer, Leftwich, & Grossman. The other 3 will go by team preferense.

It is funny 2 years after that class everyone compare it to the '83 class, but look at it now. Cullpepper has struggled the last 2 years, McKnown is all but done, Smith can't get off the scout team in the worst QB rotation in the NFL, and King keeps dropping.

I agree Grossman is #3 right now, but he also didn't get to make an impression at any of the senoir bowls. I have a feeling his stock will fall a little in Indy when he is surrounding by so many 6'5'' QB prospects compared to his 6'1''. I also think teams may get scrared when they see him take the snap from under center every play something he rarely did at Florida. His gun will keep him high, but Ragone, Boeler, or Simms could squeek by him with impressive showings.

Hey Madison since we are the only ones who care about this do you want to sound off on the big 6. Who do you think will flourish, and who do you think will struggle. Also who do you think out of the 2nd teir guys will hush the critics. Maybe in 3 years we will remember what we said.

Palmer and Simms are my picks to have very good careers. I think Leftwitch will be put in a horrible situation to perform right away dispite needing a year or two to make the leap from the MACC conference, and may never regain his confidence; thus, makeing him a bust. I also think Ragone will flop.

I think Banks after spending 2 years learing the game will have a good shot at being a very good QB. I also can't count out Dorsey against all my instincts. He does need to gain 20lbs, but you can't over look this kids record. he always would step up to the plate when Miami was actully challenged. He always played very well against his toughest competion. He also played under more preasure than any college QB in the nation for 2 years straight. He needs to work on his mechanics, and get better at his descion makeing, but he won't have the preasure of being first round QB that is expected to produce right away. If he gets taken by a team with an older expeirenced QB we may see a very good pro in a few years.

of all the prospects..............

..................it will be most interesting to see where dorsey ends up. i may be wrong but the guy didn't impress me at all, i think he had a great supporting cast , and thats about it!;)

i am a canes fan and i am worried about dorseys future. His arm is to weak to be a solid starter in the NFL. Not only that but he didnt impress anybody at the combine. He was slow with horrible arm strength. All dorsey has to offer to any team is probably a solid 2nd or 3rd stringer with brains.

Originally posted by donnie
i am a canes fan and i am worried about dorseys future. His arm is to weak to be a solid starter in the NFL. Not only that but he didnt impress anybody at the combine. He was slow with horrible arm strength. All dorsey has to offer to any team is probably a solid 2nd or 3rd stringer with brains.
this is exactly what i've seen!;)

dolfan06,

Write this date down, I agree with you. Dorsey is in much the same situation as Josh Huepel was. Great thinker, not as physical.

Originally posted by Angneli
dolfan06,

Write this date down, I agree with you. Dorsey is in much the same situation as Josh Huepel was. Great thinker, not as physical.
as a canes fan, i'm supposed to say all canes players rock, but i just don't see it in dorsey!:rolleyes: :(

Originally posted by Angneli
dolfan06,

Big differince in Dorsey and Heuple is the size. Josh was barely 6'1'' and just under 200lbs. At 6'5'' 225 a team is going to give Dorsey a chance to mature. I doubt we hear his name for a couple of seasons, but with the right QB coach he could still be something special in a few years. Arm strength isn't like speed you can make drastic improvements. He needs to add some muscle, and learn how to gun on the run, and this kid could start someday. He is a winner, and I know he has the heart it will take to make the jump, but the QB coach will be the key. Greenbay would be a perfect fit for him with a 6th round pick. 2 to 3 years behind Farve and who knows.

Back
Top Bottom