Best Realistic Deal we can make for #1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Realistic Deal we can make for #1

dskilz3

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, first post. Just as the title says I'm just wondering what is the best realistic deal Miami might have a chance of making for the #1 pick?

most realistic would probably be with Cincy cause they need defensive linemen/good character guys. Dorsey and Long are both good character so maybe they'd trade up. KC also might be tempted to trade up in order to get Jake Long, but not so sure on that.

Welcome, first of all...Hope this site provides you with hours of entertainment, like it has for me, daily...
I guess, from my point of view, trade down , but to remain in the top 5 (Oakland falls in love with DMC?), get either one of the Longs, Dorsey, or Gholston, and still pick up a few extra picks for this year and the next, considering the numerous needs we have.

The most realistic is...well, probably none.
I think certainly none. Moving up costs picks and a huge amount of money/salary cap. But I suppose we'll hear a lot about it from the media, as it is something to talk about....

I like the Dallas deal, 2 firsts and a second this year plus there 1st and 3rd next! We need players not a star. IMO

Here's a somewhat realistic scenario:

Miami trades the #1 overall pick to Atlanta.

Atlanta sends Miami the #3 overall pick, #35 overall pick, and DeAngelo Hall.

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I like the Dallas deal, 2 firsts and a second this year plus there 1st and 3rd next! We need players not a star. IMO

I don't see enough value in a Dallas trade. The #22, #29 & #61, plus next years picks does not equal the #1 overall pick in the draft

Yeah, first post. Just as the title says I'm just wondering what is the best realistic deal Miami might have a chance of making for the #1 pick?

Players almost certainly are going to have to be involved in a trade for number 1. The draft value chart makes it almost impossible to trade that pick for the value that it dictates in picks coming back. Therefore if players are invloved it is easier to fudge the value so that the GM's involved dont get killed by the press, fans etc.

Players almost certainly are going to have to be involved in a trade for number 1. The draft value chart makes it almost impossible to trade that pick for the value that it dictates in picks coming back. Therefore if players are invloved it is easier to fudge the value so that the GM's involved dont get killed by the press, fans etc.​

Good point. That's why I think my Atlanta trade makes sense. Unless Hall is deemed a "bad-character" guy by Parcells.

We have to hope that a team REALLY falls in love with Dorsey or McFadden, otherwise I don't see it happening. Dallas has no use for McFadden, they have a very capable and talented #1 RB already in Barber, so count them out.

I don't see enough value in a Dallas trade. The #22, #29 & #61, plus next years picks does not equal the #1 overall pick in the draft

As the signing bonus continues to skyrocket for the #1 overall pick while the chance of a bust remains about the same... I think you will find more and more teams willing to take less than the trade value chart's recommendations. We may be the first ones to do it, and get ridiculed for it in the process, but watch everyone that comes after us do the same thing.

I make that deal in a heartbeat. It seems nobody wants to trade up for #1 in this years draft:up:

Back
Top Bottom