Best Realistic Deal we can make for #1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Realistic Deal we can make for #1

As the signing bonus continues to skyrocket for the #1 overall pick while the chance of a bust remains about the same... I think you will find more and more teams willing to take less than the trade value chart's recommendations. We may be the first ones to do it, and get ridiculed for it in the process, but watch everyone that comes after us do the same thing.

The trade value chart is merely a guide, and is certainly not the bible. However, it was devised by JJ over 10 years ago.

Finch makes an excellent point: with the skyrocketing signing bonuses these #1 overalls get, there is certainly a downside to earning the #1 overall slot. So, maybe the #1 overall pick is not as valuable as it once was. (Forgive me if that was not your point)

Still, I'd rather have the #1 overall pick than #22, #29, and #61, and some picks in 2009. But that's just me. There are no sure things, but Dorsey and Long are guys that offenses will have to scheme against. Not sure if a dude at #29 will have that kind of impact.

I like the Dallas deal, 2 firsts and a second this year plus there 1st and 3rd next! We need players not a star. IMO

We need a lot of help so 5 picks would be great but don't think anyone is gonna trade up to #1. We may be stuck there as if that is a bad thing...:lol:

I don't see us moving out of the #1 spot there are no Mike Vick types coming out this year. There isn't enough talent drop off from what you could get from #1 to #2. I'm thinking Long and Dorsey are going to grade out as pretty much equal by most teams.

I make that deal in a heartbeat. It seems nobody wants to trade up for #1 in this years draft:up:
The talent isnt there. There's a ton of people who would be number 3 to 10 picks overall in years past but none that you're going to mortgage your future to get. If any trade downs happen it will be with a St Louis or later drafting team. I think we're out of consideration. The cost is too high

I agree with carrothead I think number 32 will be much more likely to be traded to pick up a lower 2 and a 3

Our biggest chance will come at the beginning of Day 2, with our 3rd round pick... lots and lots of talent will be available and the price to pay (cap and draft picks) will not be as high for other teams than it would be for the 1st overrall... I'll bet 5$ with anyone that this pick is going to be traded

The question isn't if you would pull the deal , the question is if you were Jerry Jones would you basically trade your entire draft to move up to the one spot. And thats still not getting any where near the chart trade value.

It takes two to Tango and Jerry Jones isn't an idiot. That deal doesn't ever happen.

The trade value chart is merely a guide, and is certainly not the bible. However, it was devised by JJ over 10 years ago.

Finch makes an excellent point: with the skyrocketing signing bonuses these #1 overalls get, there is certainly a downside to earning the #1 overall slot. So, maybe the #1 overall pick is not as valuable as it once was. (Forgive me if that was not your point)

This is something I have been saying for the past several years. Think about how badly it will hurt the Raiders if Jemarcus Russell turns out to be a bust. Until the NFL does something about rookie salaries, teams need to scrap the trade value chart. It might as well have been written during the era of the dinosaurs at this point.

sorry it's parrothead not carrothead I was thinking of carrot top

I do believe we can trade with Dallas (2 -1st's & a 3rd may be B.Carpenter), Oakland depending where they land with the coin flip (1st and 2nd maybe 2009 pick aswell)
We need to look at it as saving money and adding extra players. My own dreamed up trade would be Det 1st R.Williams, S.Rogers and a 4/5th (equals 3 starters in areas of need)

IMO the only way we get out of #1 overall is if a team falls in love with McFadden and is worried another team will try and make a trade with the Rams. Raiders, Falcons are 2 teams who could trade if they love McFadden but I dont think they trade with us anyways. The pick will be either Dorsey or Long DE

i think we could make a deal with dallas by giving them our #1 for there 2 #1s and a 2nd or 3rd

i think we could make a deal with dallas by giving them our #1 for there 2 #1s and a 2nd or 3rd

You think this because you're a Miami Dolphins fan. Take your aqua and orange glasses off and you'll see clearly how that trade makes zero sense for the Dallas Cowboys.

Back
Top Bottom