Best Value Picks & Biggest Reaches | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Value Picks & Biggest Reaches

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
Best value picks and biggest reaches according to where they were on my board versus where they were selected.

Best Value Picks

1.) Chris Gragg +165

2.) Cornelius Washington +149

3.) Ryan Swope +139

4.) Michael Mauti +135

5.) Sean Renfree +133

6.) Jordan Poyer +127

7.) Quinton Patton +125

8.) Eric Herman +125

9.) Bacarri Rambo +114

10.) Marquess Wilson +109

11.) Terry Hawthorne +106

12.) Zac Stacy +101

13.) Chris Jones +92

14.) Devin Taylor +89

15.) David Quessenberry +88

16.) Michael Buchanan +85

17.) Jesse Williams +84

18.) Matt Barkley +83

19.) Reid Fragel +82

20.) Alex Okafor +81

21.) Kenny Stills +79

22.) Sam Montgomery +77

23.) Corey Lemonier +76

24.) Shamarko Thomas +74

25.) Tavarres King +71

26.) Brad Sorensen +71

27.) Mike Catapano +71

28.) Stedman Bailey +66

29.) A.J. Klein +66

30.) Jeff Baca +61

31.) Corey Fuller +60

32.) Kenjon Barner +59

33.) Aaron Mellette +55

34.) Josh Evans +51

35.) Kemal Ishmael +51

36.) Keenan Allen +47

37.) Phillip Thomas +46

38.) Akeem Spence +45

39.) Latavius Murray +39

40.) Cornellius Carradine +38

41.) Eddie Lacy +33

42.) Damontre Moore +32

43.) Hugh Thornton +30

44.) Geno Smith +28

45.) Khaseem Greene +25

46.) Sharrif Floyd +22

47.) Brian Schwenke +21

Biggest Reaches

1.) Menelik Watson -237

2.) Montori Hughes -196

3.) Kiki Alonso -172

4.) Larry Warford -169

5.) Kyle Long -150

6.) Justin Pugh -149

7.) Gerald Hodges -136

8.) Travis Bond -127

9.) Edmund Kugbila -122

10.) Nico Johnson -121

11.) Khaled Holmes -121

12.) B.W. Webb -119

13.) D.J. Swearinger -117

14.) Sam Barringon -111

15.) Oday Aboushi -111

16.) Justin Brown -109

17.) E.J. Manuel -106

18.) T.J. McDonald -106

19.) Jelani Jenkins -104

20.) Quinton Dial - 102

21.) Vince Painter -101

22.) Earl Watford -100

23.) Tyrann Mathieu -100

24.) Dallas Thomas -96

25.) Logan Ryan -92

26.) Kapron Lewis-Moore -88

Last edited by a moderator:
I was shocked to see Cornelius Washington fall like that. Thought he'd be a guy who'd go earlier than expected - rather than the opposite.

I was shocked to see Patton fall to the 4th round. Wish Miami would have taken him. I know the FO says they are happy at wr. No doubt we are better than last year with additions of Wallace, Gibson and Keller but I still think we need some talent there.

Biggest reach imo was Travis Frederick

I think he shocked alot of people but I think he was a second round pick drafted at end of 1st round. To me EJ manuel was a bigger reach

I immediately agreed with the analyst that said the E.J. Manuel selection was more of an indictment on how the Bills felt about Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, and Ryan Nassib than it was about who E.J. Manuel is as a quarterback.

The Kyle Long pick was another that really surprised me. This is a kid that has played less than a full season of college football. He'll be a 25 year old rookie that flunked out of Florida St. while trying to play baseball. Experience, durability, and intelligence are the 3 most critical factors when grading an offensive lineman's profile. Nice athlete, but undoubtably benefited from the lineage of his family's ties to the NFL.

Fisher, Fluker, Johnson, Cooper, Warmack, and Joeckel all being off the board by the time the first 10 cards were turned in forced teams into reaching for guys like Long, Pugh, and Menelik Watson.

Last edited by a moderator:
I immediately agreed with the analyst that said the E.J. Manuel selection was more of an indictment on how the Bills felt about Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, and Ryan Nassib than it was about who E.J. Manuel is as a quarterback.

The Kyle Long pick was another that really surprised me. This is a kid that has played less than a full season of college football. He'll be a 25 year old rookie that flunked out of Florida St. while trying to play baseball. Experience, durability, and intelligence are the 3 most critical factors when grading an offensive lineman's profile. Nice athlete, but undoubtably benefited from the lineage of his family's ties to the NFL.

Fisher, Fluker, Johnson, Cooper, Warmack, and Joeckel all being off the board by the time the first 10 cards were turned in forced teams into reaching for guys like Long, Pugh, and Menelik Watson.
Was shocked at how high those last three went. Was even shocked to see Mills the LT from Louisiana Tech go so high.

So many guys on that list I wanted. Jeff Baca would have been a nice fit for us in the ZBS so would have Quessenberry. Patton, Poyer and Keenan Allen were all pretty high on my list too. Should have known Ireland wouldn't take a WR before the 4th round anyway.

Oddly enough the coy Ireland had 2 guys on the "Biggest Reach" chart and of course didnt get Value picks again.

I think Mike Gillislee is probably the best value for the guys we picked. I really like his upside, and where we got him in the draft.

Kyle Long's draft stock is so manufactured based on his lineage it's ridiculous. His father being named Howie Long didn't stop him from becoming a drug addict in the first place.

This might go down as Ireland's worst draft. I have creeping suspicion that he blew this draft bad, considering the picks we had and ammunition to move around. How many more drafts can Ross keep giving this buffoon?!

This might go down as Ireland's worst draft. I have creeping suspicion that he blew this draft bad, considering the picks we had and ammunition to move around. How many more drafts can Ross keep giving this buffoon?!

I really don't know how you can say that...I'd like to hear your reasoning...

According to your list you think that Menelik Watson should have been a late 7th round pick? Wow. I thought that he was easily one of the best OL I saw play in the entire draft. I can't even imagine a guy who played that well and with such upside lasting until the 7th round. He's a bit older, that's the one negative I see and imo he might turn out to be the best RT in the draft, maybe even a LT.

Back
Top Bottom