Better NFL Career..RT or Johnny Football?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by abNORMal, Feb 21, 2014.

?

Better NFL Career RT or Johnny Football?

1. RT

94 vote(s)
    71.2%
  2. Johnny Football

24 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Both will be great

7 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Both will suck

7 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. abNORMal

abNORMal A True Fan

I'm just curious, who you guys think will have a better NFL Career...

Since, Johnny followed Ryan in college and won the Heisman and all, will that translate into a better NFL career? Of course, I hope RT continues to develop and becomes a hall of famer....

2. ac_lanham

ac_lanham The Comeback Kid

RT
    I think Johnny is better than Tebow but some LB like Patrick Willis is gonna fold him up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

I do not like Manziel as a pro.

4. abNORMal

abNORMal A True Fan

Yeah, Johnny seems like on arrogant SOB!!

but there talk that he will drafted higher than RT, that's gotta mean something!!!

5. Austin Tatious

Austin Tatious Starter

This is really a good question. Manziel does have some Favre-like traits. He could have a super high ceiling. But I wouldnt be shocked if he bombed either. Tannehill looks more predictable with his 6'4 225 pound frame, strong arm, smarts, and work ethic. I'd say Manziel is a risk reward guy. Tannehill would be stable. If I had a high pick, I'd take Manziel. It's not a Miami issue though.

I remember when I was a kid, someone asked me who was going to be better in the NFL between Sammie Smith and Emmitt Smith. I said Sammie. How did that work out for me? Humble pie. But, you know, that's how you learn how to project. Look at your mistakes and see where the thinking was off. Sammie was bigger and faster than Emmitt. I recall seeing Sammie go one way, turn around and house it the other direction at FSU. My focus on something like that was way off. Overall, as fans, we are hampered in projections because we can't talk to the kids or their college coaches, to get a sense of their toughness, brains, etc. We'd know a helluva lot more if we had that access. Those unseen aspects are a huge part of the process. It's not just their becnh, their shuttle, their 40 and other underwear aspects.

6. Unchained 07

Unchained 07 One break...coming up Finheaven VIP

Not necessarily. JM may not even go in the 1st round of the 2012 draft...

7. artdnj

artdnj Time is Now Finheaven VIP

I think he'll go top 10. He's got more playmaking ability than RT but his small frame scares me. Favre was a pretty solid built dude. They say he is also Tarkenton like and I can see some of those traits. If he's anything like that I hope he plays in the NFC.

8. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

I'm not going to answer the poll b/c there's no way to tell. Come back in two years and then we can ask the question again.

9. hoops

hoops exited stage left

tannehill...bridgewater will have a better career than manziel in this class even...progression pocket qbs with sound decision making...sign me up any day

10. ghost_fish

ghost_fish Starter

I was suprised to learn Manziel had substantially bigger hands than Tannehill. But for the ops question I would have to wait to see where Manziel ends up.

11. bird33

bird33 Well-Known Member

not even a doubt in my mind manziel will be a much better player than rt. he has all the intangibles and play making ability in the world. the only knock on him is his size. he was awesome in the sec while rt was average at best, it will be no different in the pros.

12. Wishfishin

Wishfishin Waterboy

RT will prove to be a better pro than Manziel.

13. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

No, it really means nothing. If it were the same draft it MIGHT mean something.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Shocker

14. Ben Had

Ben Had FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

If you watched him play he rolls right on every pass play because he cant see over the line. The pros will game plan that and he will be forced to try and play from the pocket...

15. AphexPhin

AphexPhin A True Fan

yeah me neither. I think he'll be a bust. Dont hate the guy and find him kinda entertaining but I dont see him being a good pro qb

16. Digital

Digital Starter

Not even close. Tannehill will have by far the better career. Manziel is eventually going to get hit hard and crumble. I will be surprised if he is a starter in the NFL for 10 years. Tannehill however, will be starting for more than 15 years and playing at a higher level.

Tannehill has all of the tools, the strong arm. Quick release, height, good footwork, accuracy, ability to read defenses, blocking assignment shifts, hard work, intelligence ... literally all of the tools. It's just a matter of time before he is a top 10 QB and he could become a top 5 QB in time.

Manziel doesn't have that arm, accuracy, ability to read the defense, height, durability, or work ethic. He has great escapability and average arm talent in a not - durable package with a style that will make him injury-prone.

Careers? It's not even going to b close. If you want to make it close, ask who will have the better rookie season or something.

17. abNORMal

abNORMal A True Fan

But Johnny seems to already have that "testicular fortitude," something that RT has yet to display....

18. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Manziel is a elite college talent, but most of his "highlights" where Evans highlights out jumping cbs for a under thrown ball..

19. 123phins

123phins Well-Known Member

RT, this whole running QB is the new fad. RGIII got caught and declined greatly. Just wait until defences figure it all out and these QB's are forced to use their Arms to win games and not legs.

20. GasPed

GasPed Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever seen a QB with the overall quickness, elusiveness and speed of Johnny Manziel. Maybe Mike Vick, maybe Steve Young? Having said that, in the NFL he's probably a better punt returner than a QB. I probably shouldn't be so quick to judge - there have been a few QB's who made a living off the broken play (Tarkenton, Flutie, Jeff Garcia to an extent, and nowadays, Russell Wilson), but all of them could make a living in the pocket when they needed to as well. Can Manziel do that? My eyes and gut say no, but I've been wrong before (rarely) ;) .

21. justdon

justdon Well-Known Member

I have never put much trust in running qb's they are exciting but how many championships do they have.If you can manage the game from the pocket you can beat people.

22. AllFinsAllDay

AllFinsAllDay A True Fan

Such a predictable answer from you.

23. Dolphins512

Dolphins512 My Friends Call Me Bob Finheaven VIP Donator

I have no idea who will end up having a better career...you never know, but Manziel scares me as a pro. I'm not sure I would draft him.

24. Sons Of Shula

Sons Of Shula not a dull boy Finheaven VIP Donator

Grow some balls. Just the fact that Tannehill started for an entire NFL season should be telling enough that his career is already farther along than Boyziel will ever dream of.

25. bird33

bird33 Well-Known Member

if you asked most of the fins fans on here, especially people like you allfinsallday, rt will be better than joe montana-dan marino-john elway combined. its ridiculous how this guy is perceived on here. 15-17 in 2 years and a massive choke in week 17 this year. facts are facts.

26. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

I have serious concerns about Manziel. I think it's possible that he could blossom in the pros but I get a strong Vince Young vibe from him.

:idk:

27. PJack

PJack A True Fan

I think Manziel has the higher ceiling but I think what makes him spectacular will be his downfall. I just don't see him staying healthy consistently enough to become great in the long term. If he could manage is game a little to get down when the play is just not there, I think he would be great. Just not his mentality to do so. He just doesn't have the body to take those hits from 250lb LB's and 225lb Safety's when he tries to extend plays 10-15 times a game..

I disagree with those that think he's a gimic. He's sliced and diced the best defensive conference like no other QB in many years. Look at his stats against Bama, the best team over the last five years with a HOF defensive head coach. Kid dominated them...embarrassed them. That defense crushed almost every other QB....except for Manziel.

28. AllFinsAllDay

AllFinsAllDay A True Fan

Nobody ever said Tannehill was even in the same class with those guys. At some point you have to end the cycle of quarterbacks we have had here, and realize that Tannehill is better than a lot we have had here the last 15 years. It is a collective effort when the team wins or loses, because that is what a TEAM is, not a bunch of individuals running around,and if he plays bad he deserves the bad but you also must look at the improvement from year 1 to year 2, instead of just looking at the win loss record.

29. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

Gross exaggeration. I have seen no one make such claims...anyone who would is just as foolish as some slamming a young QB who is still developing and playing behind the chappy O line we had last year.

30. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

Johnny. His competitiveness, and intangibles are top notch.

31. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

RT is still on a learning curve and I have no reason to think he will not be great, because he is already good.
    Manziel is Incognito at the QB position. His shtick will get tiresome and he will combine some great plays with poor ones. He will probably have a career like Tony Romo.
    Good enough to get the team close, but he will make the bone head play. NFL defenses will have him figured out quickly.

32. EvilDylan

EvilDylan A True Fan Donator

Manziel does not have the mental fortitude to be successful in the nfl.

He'll have a nice rookie campaign, less impressive than rg3 but still good for a rookie, the good season will motivate him but his second year will fall off considerably. And so begins his demise.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

33. utahphinsfan

utahphinsfan Puck Fitzburgh

The Joseph Gordon-Levitt clone reminds me of Bob Griffin.

Bob, however, is marginally more likeable.

34. JDRA20

JDRA20 Well-Known Member

If a 28 year old Brandon Weeden can get taken in the first round of 2012, Manziel would definitely be a first rounder.

35. Unchained 07

Unchained 07 One break...coming up Finheaven VIP

Weeden's age has nothing to do with it. His measurables and arm are prototypical of an NFL quarterback, Manziel's are not. I'm not saying Weeden is a better player, far from it but Manziel owes a huge debt to Russell Wilson for his current draft status.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

36. utahphinsfan

utahphinsfan Puck Fitzburgh

Agreed. How long did St Timmy of the tuck & run last?

Wilson & even Cam will develop & progress. Kaepernick, Bob Griffin, & Johnny M... not so much.

37. xXwarXx

xXwarXx A True Fan

Manziel is a case Keenum clone, there game is identical, except Keenum has much better throw downfield.

Look at manziels #s against the blitz if you think he's that good. He's doomed just like every other young qb who cant handle the blitz.

38. Elle Clouds

Elle Clouds A True Fan

who knows.. so far Tannehill has been an average NFL qb, so the bar isnt set to heaven... he may improve though, which would be wonderful considering he plays for my Dolphins. Manziel has yet to write in his NFL history book yet.

39. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

If someone at a bar spouted off some of the misinformation in this thread, I'd ask him if he had access to the internet. This being a message board . . .

40. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Reading Is Fundamental Donator

Screw Manziel, I'd wait until next year. If and thats a big If, Tannehill completely flames out and stinks up the joint even with a better o-line and off coord. I say go hard after Marcus Mariota in next years draft.

41. cangrejero

cangrejero Well-Known Member

well, lets hope this will bring the best out of RT trying to beat Johnny Football.

42. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

The **** are you even talking about?

43. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

It means a GM at best will look really bad, and at worst that GM is going to lose his job.

Johnny football is no more then a college gimmick, that like many before him will die down considerably...add to that a very abrasive personality, and that will become a very volatile situation for the team that takes him. RT by a Mile

44. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

IMO a more relevant related question would be:

"If Tannehill was coming out this season, would he be the first QB taken?" Even if you care to amend that to cover "the last 2 years" my answer would still be "pretty likely"

45. abNORMal

abNORMal A True Fan

If RT and Johnny were both at A & M at the same time One of them would have been on the bench....and it might not have been the guy with the heisman in his trophy case.

46. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

ditto Tom sitting, if he and Manzell were both at A&M at the same time, but college is not the pros. Just ask Tim Tebow :idk:

47. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

It depends on who drafts Johnny. If he ends up in Houston I would say Johnny will probably be better. If Johnny ends up in Jacksonville I would lean towards Tanny. Cleveland ? Then I would say toss up.

48. hoops

hoops exited stage left

he's not even faster than tannehill...4.68

49. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

But he's quicker and that's what really matters. Not that I'm endorsing him in anyway. Tannehill may have more straight line speed but he's not quick or even remotely elusive.

50. hoops

hoops exited stage left

definitely quicker...but also built like a figure skater for contact