Big East Bowl Update | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big East Bowl Update

Timmy54 said:
yeah so they can not give reggie nelson any love either!!!:sidelol:

they have ESPN U but they hate the gators too.

It's a Florida thing. The other 49 states wouldn't understand.

WAY IT LOOKS NOW............................

L'ville to the Orange

Rutgers to the TEXAS BOWL (Dec 28th, 8pm on NFL Network)

WV most likely to the Sun Bowl

Pitt most likely to the INTERNATIONAL BOWL in Toronto

USF and Cincy will be in PapaJohns and Meinke Car Care bowls. Don't know which one will take which one

MikeO said:
WAY IT LOOKS NOW............................

L'ville to the Orange

Rutgers to the TEXAS BOWL (Dec 28th, 8pm on NFL Network)

WV most likely to the Sun Bowl

Pitt most likely to the INTERNATIONAL BOWL in Toronto

USF and Cincy will be in PapaJohns and Meinke Car Care bowls. Don't know which one will take which one
Really? All the talk during the game was that if WV won they'd go to the Gator Bowl.

MikeO said:
i think the meineke one would take cincinnati since they had USF last year.

finswin56 said:
Really? All the talk during the game was that if WV won they'd go to the Gator Bowl.

Maybe the Gator switched their mind. I missed that.

Gator can take either a BIG EAST or BIG 12 team. They were leaning to BIG 12 cause they thought they could get a 3 loss Texas team, maybe they want a BIG EAST now if they can't get Texas

How it work is out of 4 years, the GATOR must take 2 big east and 2 big 12 teams (to play an ACC team). So, say the GATOR this year takes WV and next year takes L'ville........then the following 2 years the GATOR MUST take Big 12 teams each year. And the Sun Bowl gets the leftover team.

Gator might not get the Big 12 team they want so maybe WV is back in the mix.

UF Fin Kat said:
i think the meineke one would take cincinnati since they had USF last year.

Probably then. I forgot about that.

MikeO said:
Maybe the Gator switched their mind. I missed that.

Gator can take either a BIG EAST or BIG 12 team. They were leaning to BIG 12 cause they thought they could get a 3 loss Texas team, maybe they want a BIG EAST now if they can't get Texas

How it work is out of 4 years, the GATOR must take 2 big east and 2 big 12 teams (to play an ACC team). So, say the GATOR this year takes WV and next year takes L'ville........then the following 2 years the GATOR MUST take Big 12 teams each year. And the Sun Bowl gets the leftover team.

Gator might not get the Big 12 team they want so maybe WV is back in the mix.
The Gator Bowl president was on the radio, and said some things might be changing in regards to the ACC participation.

The Gator is NOT happy about taking an ACC team it just saw a few weeks earlier in the ACC championship, in the same stadium. Especially when that team didn't sell many tickets.
IDK, when/if the changes will take place, but I know the Gator Bowl president, Rick Catlett, isn't happy about the current ACC situation.

I think the Gator Bowl people are really gunning for Texas. When you think about it, they had better get them now because they never know when they will get a shot at them again.

LouPhinFan said:
I think the Gator Bowl people are really gunning for Texas. When you think about it, they had better get them now because they never know when they will get a shot at them again.
Between Texas and WV, I'd rather see WV, but that's probably just me.

I'd REALLY like to see both teams play.

finswin56 said:
Between Texas and WV, I'd rather see WV, but that's probably just me.

I'd REALLY like to see both teams play.

No doubt. By the bowl game Pat White will be healthy and their offense will be back at full force. It was pretty evident over that past few games that he is the player that makes their offense the most dangerous. They weren't the same offense after he got hurt and sat out last night's game. If White had played last night, that game wouldn't have even needed 1 overtime, muchless 3 overtimes.

I'm just thankful that the Cards don't have to worry about it. All they have to worry about is if they are going to get picked by the Sugar or the Orange Bowls!:clap:

finswin56 said:
The Gator Bowl president was on the radio, and said some things might be changing in regards to the ACC participation.

The Gator is NOT happy about taking an ACC team it just saw a few weeks earlier in the ACC championship, in the same stadium. Especially when that team didn't sell many tickets.
IDK, when/if the changes will take place, but I know the Gator Bowl president, Rick Catlett, isn't happy about the current ACC situation.

He shouldn't be, now GT could go back to Jacksonville to play again???? After that miserable performance yesterday why does the GATOR BOWL want them back in that stadium!They don't but are stuck in a way! Especially in a weak ACC this year. Who else do ya take?

LouPhinFan said:
I'm just thankful that the Cards don't have to worry about it. All they have to worry about is if they are going to get picked by the Sugar or the Orange Bowls!:clap:

L'ville should be sick today. If they don't go offsides on that FG and that RUTGERS game goes to OT. They could win and could be playing Ohio St.

When USC lost yesterday, first thing I thought of was L'ville. Cause that would have put them in that game with NO DEBATE!!! But they blew it!

MikeO said:
He shouldn't be, now GT could go back to Jacksonville to play again???? After that miserable performance yesterday why does the GATOR BOWL want them back in that stadium!They don't but are stuck in a way! Especially in a weak ACC this year. Who else do ya take?
That's the problem with the ACC Championship being held at the same site as the Gator Bowl. If Clemson had finished a little stronger they would have been a good option. BC is a good team, but the GB doesn't want them due to their expected willingness to travel.
The GB President really sounded like he wanted to have the option of removing the ACC team from a must pick. He actually made it sound like the GB didn't have to choose an ACC team, but he didn't outright say that.

Back
Top Bottom