"Big" name players....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Big" name players.......

Shabbity

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Some players that are great coming out of college get the big contracts with every team they sign with. These are the players that show flashes of greatness in the Nfl. You hear the word potential being thrown around, yet no matter what team they play for.......they never live up to expectactions. You also have players that are "great" only because of the system they play in. Look at the linebackers the Steelers have had. Chad Brown, Kirkland, and Greg Loyd just to name a few. When these players became free agents they got the big money from other teams and they never lived up to expectations.

My point is , with the coaching we have on offense and defense.....we will be successful without the "big" name players. (Lavar Arrington).

Its all about the coaching and the schemes. Just look at the past superbowl winners.

Green Bay will sign LaVar Arrington, bank on it.

A futile attempt to keep Brett Favre in Green Bay.

Lavar Arrington can be inconsistent...I just worry about us over-paying for a guy like this but I still would be very happy if we got him. I like your Conrad Dobler avatar...they did a special on him...his wife fell off of a hammock in the yard and broke her neck and is paralized. He takes really great care of her and his daughter....not the mean tough guy he was portrayed.

Shabbity said:
Some players that are great coming out of college get the big contracts with every team they sign with. These are the players that show flashes of greatness in the Nfl. You hear the word potential being thrown around, yet no matter what team they play for.......they never live up to expectactions. You also have players that are "great" only because of the system they play in. Look at the linebackers the Steelers have had. Chad Brown, Kirkland, and Greg Loyd just to name a few. When these players became free agents they got the big money from other teams and they never lived up to expectations.

My point is , with the coaching we have on offense and defense.....we will be successful without the "big" name players. (Lavar Arrington).

Its all about the coaching and the schemes. Just look at the past superbowl winners.

are you insisting that the patriots could have won the superbowl with A.J. Feeley as opposed to Tom Brady?

It's not all about coaching and schemes. We can't take it that far. Teams shell out the big bucks for superstar players for a reason. Hell the Pats just made Richard Seymour the highest paid defensive player ever and if they thought they had the defensive scheme to cover up the loss, they wouldn't have done so.

Many players probably won't fare as well away from their previous team because they weren't playing with the same amount of talent by their side.

Besides, Chad Brown had an outstanding career for years in Seattle, and Kirkland and Lloyd didn't leave Pittsburgh until they were 30+

Back
Top Bottom