big news out of cleveland! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

big news out of cleveland!

browns are eyeing rb adrian peterson....not brady quinn.it was said tonight in cleveland sports...so that leaves quinn to fall to at least 7 with the minnesota vikings who will take a long look at him....so we need to jump them and get to number 5 cards or 6 skins....what do you guys think?

I'm a little concerned that Brady Quinn has not played enough top quality, pro-style teams to come in and make an immediate difference for the Fins. Having read that the Fins were also planning on meeting with JaMarcus Russell, I wonder if they are going to try to make a trade for the #1 pick, or deal with Oakland after they pick Russell. It just seems something might be in the works. Obviously, I'd much prefer Russell to Quinn. I will be greatly surprised if Russell does not succeed in his very first year with his first pro team. :)

But why would DET take Thomas?
there o-line is horrible and they still have kitna. i think therewill go after stanton in the second cuz they will have first shot at him before any other team other than oakland and they take russell. i think they are gonna be a little hesitate to pick another QB in the first after what happened to joey

I'm a little concerned that Brady Quinn has not played enough top quality, pro-style teams to come in and make an immediate difference for the Fins. Having read that the Fins were also planning on meeting with JaMarcus Russell, I wonder if they are going to try to make a trade for the #1 pick, or deal with Oakland after they pick Russell. It just seems something might be in the works. Obviously, I'd much prefer Russell to Quinn. I will be greatly surprised if Russell does not succeed in his very first year with his first pro team. :)
every team is having interviews with russel and quinn and johnson and all the top ten projections cuz they want to know the guy and see how good he really is in case they happen to fall to them. they will NOT trade up to number 1 spot. it will cost tooooooooooooo much. i think we could gety quinn with only losing our 3 rounder.

I cant say enough how much I hate trading up.I f we trade up for anyone it should be Calvin Johnson and that aint gonna happen.I like Quinn alot,way more than Russell.Many a team has blown a high draft pick on a bum.Sure we could get a Peyton,Elway,or Tomlinson type player.Or we could be giving up picks,which we havent had alot of the last few years,for Carr,Harrington,Mirer,Leaf,Kijana,Akili,Blair Thomas,Gallery or dare i say Eli.We gotta stand pat.CJ seems like the surest thing out there.But remember Charles Rogers.That guy was more of a sure thing than Calvin,and lokk where he wound up.This team throughout my years as a fan(84) has had its only success with the later picks.How many QBs went before Marino?Maybe we should have traded up for Obrien,Blackledge,or Eason . Zach,JT, Madison, Surtain ,Bowens, Chambers, Gardner, McMichael,none of these guys were the top 2 or 3 at there position,but we had a nice run despite where they are now.Maybe we were a dumb luck pick of a sixth round backup college QB of us being a dynasty.Ronnie was a number 2,Im not dissin him,but did he turn our franchise around.keep the picks,try and get more and look to the late 1st thru 3rd.I'd rather take my chances on the Staley,Stanton, Merriwether,Leonard,Eric Wright,Ben Patrick,Sabby Piscatelli type of guys than put all the eggs in the Quinn basket.At 9 grab him in a heartbeat.Otherwise build a team for tomorrow.

no i think russell will be taken by clev because their list in order goes like this: russell , AP, quinn, thomas. so i see quinn falling enough fo us to pick him up where we dont have to give away alot of picks only 1 third rounder

That's if you believe what is reported on NFL live

I am sure teams aren't gonna legitally give out info on who their pecking order is. It would give Cleveland no leverage if they threated to take someone else. I also don't believe they would take Russel over Quinn. It is just my opinion

But I do agree. Quinn can and might fall to 6 which we gotta take advantage of.

How can anyone see the Raiders not taking a QB? That franchise is circling the drain and they need a new face for the franchise. The only other option for them at #1 is Calvin Johnson, and w/ Randy Moss and CJ, who will get them the ball? Marques Tuiasosopo? Andrew Walters? Josh Booty? They desperately need a QB.

Joe Thomas is likely to go within the top 5 as the only top line O-Lineman. And i'm not so sure that the Browns take Peterson. They did pick up Jamal Lewis. and peterson has a history of injuries. the browns have other needs they could address or pick up a good defensive player. Quinn is more likely to slip down, and even then, he may not fall to us.

lol this stuff cracks me up. How can you take the word of any team about who they are going to pick, or even focusing on? It's all smoke and mirrors before the draft. Heck, look at Braylon Edwards. Phins flat out told him they were going to pick him, then they go with Ronnie Brown. Braylon said he was a little hurt by the ordeal, but found out it's business real quick (sad to see).

So they are eyeing Peterson, well of course they are, who wouldn't. The guy is phenomenal. Doesn't mean a thing about them not taking Quinn, doesn't mean a thing about Detroit not taking Quinn. Not trying to be harsh at all, just pointing out the obvious. Smoke and mirrors. Until I see a player literally signed before the draft, there are no promises.

lol this stuff cracks me up. How can you take the word of any team about who they are going to pick, or even focusing on? It's all smoke and mirrors before the draft. Heck, look at Braylon Edwards. Phins flat out told him they were going to pick him, then they go with Ronnie Brown. Braylon said he was a little hurt by the ordeal, but found out it's business real quick (sad to see).

So they are eyeing Peterson, well of course they are, who wouldn't. The guy is phenomenal. Doesn't mean a thing about them not taking Quinn, doesn't mean a thing about Detroit not taking Quinn. Not trying to be harsh at all, just pointing out the obvious. Smoke and mirrors. Until I see a player literally signed before the draft, there are no promises.

:yeahthat: There is at least one person here with a logical outlook. You basically echoed my thoughts to the letter.

browns are eyeing rb adrian peterson....not brady quinn.it was said tonight in cleveland sports...so that leaves quinn to fall to at least 7 with the minnesota vikings who will take a long look at him....so we need to jump them and get to number 5 cards or 6 skins....what do you guys think?

i think its just a publicity stunt that all the teams are/will be pulling to throw us fans as well as other teams off. im sure each team is interested in 2-3 different people they would like to pull in at their spot. just reading these boards i think ive heard of like 3 or 4 different people Miami would like to pull in at #9.

If there are rumors, or scuttlebutt involving

a particular player going to a particular franchise you can almost certainly toss it. If the word is that Cleveland is going to draft Peterson, they are not going to draft Peterson. How many times do we have to hear that a guy is climbing into this spot, or that, only to discover after the draft it was a head fake? What sense does it make for the Cleveland Browns to take Adrian Peterson? They don't have a franchise quarterback. Franchise running backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL, they can be drafted at any spot, in any round. What's the logic in paying a running back top 3 money when the running back class is very deep and you could get a premium player at that position in the second round, or third? The chance of drafting a premium quarterback prospect at that point are small.

If Cleveland really is in "win now" mode, I think a QB is the last thing on their mind, considering how much a QB would have to learn coming to a new team, let alone moving up from college to the Pro's. My guess is that they have 2 players in mind: Joe Thomas and AP. If they get Thomas, the left side of their line looks pretty good right now, and they could get Kenny Irons or another starter-ready RB in the second. If they get AP, they still get a player who can contribute right away, and someone who could also take a lot of pressure off whoever lines up under center (most likely Frye or Andersen).

No, that leaves nothing because for one, nothing that is said leading up to the draft can be trusted, and 2 "eyeing" a player is not garunteeing you are taking him.

That being said, should it happen that Detroit passes and Cleveland takes Adrian, I want to trade up with the Redskins to take him because it is cheaper than trading up to 4 or 5 (ot to mention those are useless trades since TB and Arizona don't need QBs) and it still puts us before Minny.

I can see Cleveland passing on Quinn and taking Peterson. I cannot see them passing on Russell though. There's no way Russell falls out of the top 3 in my opinion. Miami would need to trade up to 6 to assure themselves of getting Quinn because I believe Minnesota will take him at 7 unless Landry drops to them.

What I wonder is, why doesn't anyone make mention of the fact that there are a number of teams that draft after the Dolphins that could use a really good shot at a franchise QB (like Quinn) and just might trade over us? I recognize that we have the ninth pick which affords us more leverage on that principle alone but what other teams after us could really make the plunge??

Andrew @ Pulp Fiction

Back
Top Bottom