Bill Parcells - Say What You Will

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NY8123, Jan 7, 2011.

1. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

Say what you will about Bill, hate him or love him, this whole fiasco and circus otherwise known as the Miami Dolphins would not have transpired the same way if he was still director of operations of the Miami franchise.

The way this coaching search was conducted or misconducted wreaks of someone (Ross) who knows nothing about a pro football franchise. BP would have handled this situation behind closed doors and it would have been handled much differently, professionally and not like a circus monkey looking for a banana handout.

This fan always has and always will subscribe to the philosophy that you stand up look a man in the eye and conduct business face to face in a no bull**** manor, much like Bill does. This smoke and mirrors bull**** is for the birds and it is no wonder why no respectful coach would want to work for Ross and his entourage of *** clowns.

Steven Ross right now you are the weakest link. :hclap:

2. ohall

ohall A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

I don't believe that. Football passed that guy back around 6 years ago.

I wasn't happy when they hired him, mainly cause he is the past not the future.

3. Cleetus

Cleetus Well-Known Member

How do we know Parcells has severed all ties with the team, for all we know Ross called him and asked him what to do. He is still getting paid so maybe Ross wanted his money's worth.

4. PALMA

PALMA A very famous spit

Had we kept Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller after our 1 - 15 season, care to guess who they would have drafted #1 overall?

My Educated Guess is Matt Ryan.

Painful to think about huh?

5. ohall

We don't know that for sure, but recently there have been a few articles implying Bill hasn't had any real contact with the powers that be for quite some time. Plus it seems like Ross has been leaning on Peterson for advice. The Tuna was not a Ross hire, he was Huizenga hire.

6. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

Somehow, some way, I want to blame this all on Parcells.

7. northnj dolfan

northnj dolfan Well-Known Member

I blame most of this nightmare on bill parcells.He saw the writing on the wall months ago,didnt like what he saw,then he weasels out of town with no help to the two other clowns.He didnt want to take the blame for drafting a LT over a franchise QB and so on and so on.Like i have wrote in other posts this mess is due to the fat weasel parcells.

8. ohall

It was his writing on the wall.

9. Irishfinatic1

Irishfinatic1 Member

This is so dumb! God forbid we draft a Pro Bowl and possibly the best LT in the NFL. Damn, Parcells really screwed this up! Hopefully next year he can make it back to the Pro Bowl playing with two good shoulders. Not only did parcells pick the safest player, he picked the right player. Matt Ryan is a really good NFL QB but the NFL begins and ends up front and nobody in the Dolphins situation would have picked him. Get over it, we won 11 games with Pennington. Go get a veteran QB and add to our OL in this draft.

10. jvw

jvw Starter

I am happy Sparano told him to pound sand after that mess......I was losing respect for him they way he allowed them run all over him......I am no longer a Ireland fan, how can he be a part of that? well i guess we dont know what kind of advise he was giving Ross and if Ross just went Danny Synder all on his own........I hope that was the case

11. jvw

jvw Starter

It is clear to me know why Parcells left town, he knew what kind of owner Ross was and he wanted nothing to do with it. I could only imagine what he was saying in the draft room.

12. bobw999

bobw999 A True Fan

If Bill Parcells was still running this team we'd have 51 LB's, 1 LT, and 1 K.

Thank god he's not.

13. shula_guy

shula_guy FinHeaven VIP

:lol:

14. Alex Trevelyan

Alex Trevelyan Well-Known Member

Bill Parcells ran out on this franchise after he fouled this franchise up. If you think Ireland is to blame, Parcells brought in Ireland. If you think Sparano is to blame, Parcells brought in Sparano. Either way, Parcells is to blame. Citing Parcells as some stand-up, no b.s. guy is frankly b.s.. He ran out on the Patriots, then went to a division rival, then skipped out on the Jets, then he skipped out on us. He should find employment in Buffalo and he can make the unique claim of skipping out on the entire AFC East.

15. Namor

Namor Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

Parcells was the ringmaster of this clusterf*ck,he just left before the final act.

16. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

**** Parcells

17. Myles Fynch

Myles Fynch durka durka

I don't think it was Parcells being scared off by who he thought Ross was, I think he looked at the team's roster, Henne's development as a QB, Sparano's development as a HC, and as a betting man... bet against us and got the hell out of Dodge before the roof caved it. (Which, incidentally, it did.)

Yes, he's a coward, and yes, most of this is his fault. But guys like Ireland, Sparano, & Henning were his friends. When they struggle, and you are the great and powerful Bill Parcells aka Miami Dolphins Football Czar, you help them. If you run like a scared rabbit, well, you are what you are.

18. Cleetus

Cleetus Well-Known Member

Exactly my thoughts, the scary thing is he has done this so many times and yet some team will be dumb enough to hire him again... we were.

19. pags77

pags77 Scout Team

We have one of the worst owners in football as was displayed by his douche-bag handeling of the HC situation. Parcells knew exactly who he was dealing with and left town quickly. Would you want towork for someone like Ross?

20. ohall

And if he didn't go after Harbaugh there would have been even more ppl saying he is a bad owner. You can't make everyone happy.

21. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

The best I can say about Parcells is that when it comes to "The Real Deal" he's an authentic sockcucker

Remember, he's the guy who supposedly knew Tony best professionally and still chose him to jump up 2 levels.

22. ForksPhin

ForksPhin Scout Team

I can't believe that there are still Dolphins fans that believe drafting Jake Long over Matt Ryan was the correct decision. Are there still Dolphins fans lurking about that believe Culpepper over Brees was the right move, too?

23. Finland

Finland Pro Bowler

I can't say Bill would have prevented this. Further, it does not even have anything to do with football smarts. It is simple business smarts and I am shocked the Ross acted this way. How did he ever get rich? I can't help but wonder if there is more at hand or things we don't know, because I can't imagine he is this stupid, but perhaps he is.

24. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

This is exactly my point. I am not defending Bill what I am defending is the way he handled situations like this one. This whole thing was a ****ing nightmare from the get go, Ross actually looks like a complete jackass on this. Bill would have keep this all behind closed doors and handled it entirely different.

This fiasco serves no purpose other then to serve as an example of how not to conduct business.

25. LennyV

LennyV Rookie

I use to be a a fan of Parcell's, no so much any more. If he left due to the state of things or coming state of things, seems to me he is not the team builder he professes to be.
    He said he was going to build this team by laying a good foundation, looks like they didn't mix the concrete correctly.

26. Irishfinatic1

Irishfinatic1 Member

Yes it was the correct decision. He was clearly the best player on the board and it has played out as such. Matt Ryan was an average college QB until his 5th year at BC. He has turned out to be a very good QB but Long is the top of the heap and a franchise LT who made the Pro Bowl with one knee and one shoulder. Sorry but you are wrong. Also, we signed a veteran QB who led us to the playoffs.

27. Alex Trevelyan

Alex Trevelyan Well-Known Member

Jake Long is a Hall of Fame-caliber left tackle. Matt Ryan is a very good, not great, quarterback. The two hardest positions to fill on a football team are quarterback and left tackle. Long is a much better tackle then Ryan is quarterback. Put Ryan on the Miami Dolphins and he's a much weaker quarterback then he is with Michael Turner, Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez lining up with him. The fact is that Ryan has a QB rating .2 better than David Garrard's for crying out loud with a better supporting cast. Why is Ryan puffed up to something he's not?