Bill Parcells says what we need! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells says what we need!

I love how everybody makes it sound like an absolute sin to draft/sign a "playmaker". Yes, a team should be built from this insideout (Offensive/Defensive Line), but if Parcells thinks Hakeem Nicks is a true "playmaker" and can help add some firepower to this team, he will not hesitate to draft him.

Yes....His long history of drafting WRs in the first roud suggests he'd do that. Not.

Ramses Barden would make a great compliment to Ginn in the 2nd round. I also look for Parcells to add a big play TE to complement Fasano in the base 2 TE set early in the draft.

FIREPOWER ? Can anyone say Derek Hagan. Bring him back to be our #1. Cmon Bill Derek Hagan on one side WIlford on the other.

And while we're at it, lets just resurrect Woody Hayes to be the OC. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I saw Nicks in a skills competition over the weekend and was impressed.

And while we're at it, lets just resurrect Woody Hayes to be the OC. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I saw Nicks in a skills competition over the weekend and was impressed.

I was too. He has massive hands. He looked smooth but precise. Barden looked good too, but lots more unpolished than Hicks.

Yes....His long history of drafting WRs in the first roud suggests he'd do that. Not.

....and did his history of drafting O-Line in the 1st round suggest that he would draft Jake Long last year?

HINT - he didn't draft a single offensive lineman in the 1st round while with the Patriots, Jets or Cowboys (12 drafts).

The Giants did 3 times while he was there, but I am unsure at what point, if at all, he ever had final say over personell. Of course they did draft Mark Ingram in the 1st round too.

....and did his history of drafting O-Line in the 1st round suggest that he would draft Jake Long last year?

HINT - he didn't draft a single offensive lineman in the 1st round while with the Patriots, Jets or Cowboys (12 drafts).

The Giants did 3 times while he was there, but I am unsure at what point, if at all, he ever had final say over personell. Of course they did draft Mark Ingram in the 1st round too.
Pat Harlow and Eugene Chung? Both 1st rounders...Both OTs..
ETA: Both with NE in consecutive years.

Nicks fits the mold of a Parcells type player, I wouldn't mind but I think there are more pressing needs.

Oops. You're right. Well, regardless, with the Long pick, he's officially picked more OTs than WRs with his last 4 teams. (I don't count the Glenn pick)

Well so far with the Dolphins he is 1 for 1 in picking a position in the 1st round that he had never picked in the 1st round previously.

Will the 'streak' continue??

Ramses Barden would make a great compliment to Ginn in the 2nd round. I also look for Parcells to add a big play TE to complement Fasano in the base 2 TE set early in the draft.

He already has one...David Martin. Did you not watch the games this past year? Hello?

Unless Nicks is also gonna play in our secondary I'd say there are better options in rd. 1

To me that's simple, it's a smokescreen.

Remeber, it's the silly season, it's Parcells, and where there's fire there's smoke ... or something. Expect quite a lot of misdirection and disinformation from now until draft day. Sure, they'll interview some candidates they like, and some they don't like. They'll say lots of things, many contradictory, but that's all part of the game. I expect defense and OL in rounds 1 and 2, order depending upon who is available. Sure, we may pick up a WR, but it is unlikely on the first day IMHO.
Ahhhh! Here comes the Smokescreen talk. Beautiful!

What type of receiver is Nicks? to which NFL wide receiver can you compare him to?

Sorry but i just never seen this guy play.

Back
Top Bottom