Bill Parcells | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells

finfan66

Scout Team
Reaction score
Now that the regular season is over there is all kinds of rumors going around the NFL about getting Bill Parcells. Because of the option in his contract about opting out if the team is sold a lot of teams think they can get this guy.

I think Miami needs to do whatever it takes to lock up Parcells and Ireland for the long term. Also I think it is important for Bill to come out and say that he is not going anywhere. This way the team can focus on the playoffs without worrying about whats going to happen next year.

If Ross and Wayne are Miami fans they need to put all these Parcell rumors to rest and lock up Parcells.

I hope that Bill doesn't desert us like Nick Saban did. We need this guy and Ireland too. This has been the best draft class I have ever seen in a long time.

i agree, i love what Parcells has done with this team. Alot of guys have stepped up over the season. Bess was an undrafted free agent rookie and hes got the 2nd most receptions by a rookie in nfl history behind Wayne Chrebet. Hes got good hands and makes some good plays. Jake Long has played great. Fasano, maybe the best player we got other than Chad in the offseason. Fasano makes great plays and is a good blocker. Parcells knows what to look for when hes building a team. We got 29 new guys this year. Hes turned all the teams hes been on around and turned them into competitors. We need to keep him for at least a couple more years. Until were a powerhouse...

I don't beleive Parcells will leave just yet. I don't think he wold abandon Sparano when he is raw. He's gonna stay for at least 3 years to help Sparano become a good coach.

Nah Parcells is not going anywhere.
At least not right now.
He won't go until the team is clear contenders.
he stills has tons of work to do here.
Besides I read that he is really enjoying his job and he loves Miami (the city).
More money is not a motivation for him to go.

I am very happy that Miami is in the playoffs but if Bill left this team I would be devastated. This is the best front office that this team has ever had. Ireland and Parcells know how to get football players. Two more drafts with these guys and we will definitely be in the big game!

i really didn't think saban was going anywhere either :(

Let's see- he can stay here and work for a couple more years and get paid 12 million, or he can retire or take another job elsewhere and only get ... 12 million. Not to mention that given the easy schedule we had this year vs the harder one we'll have next year, there's a very real chance we could take a step backwards record wise (not progress wise, I think we're on the right track). He leaves now, he gets credit for the turnaround, and if we do backslide next year a little, well it only helps his reputation if that happens after he leaves. Honestly, for what reason would he stay? Loyalty? Ask the Jets, Pats and Cowboys about that.

Again 12 million to work vs 12 million to retire- pretty easy choice in my book. I just hope he doesn't gut us if he goes elsewhere, like he did to Dallas.

Did Parcells make any big tackles or throw any big TD's or run the ball for any TD's this year? I know Bill is a great personnel guy but HONESTLY, I think we are 11-5 mainly because of the guys on the field, and Sparano and his coaching staff.

Hopefully Parcells will stay, but we know how to win now. I remember when Bill Parcells quit his job as the coach of the Air Force Academy after being their coach for one season (1979)....Bill then sold real estate for a year before getting a job in the NFL. He is kind of like Larry Brown, in the NBA....he is a rolling rock who doesn't stay anywhere for long.

I think he probably just wants to make ABSOLUTELY sure that the new owner isn't going to pull a Jerry Jones and start 'shopping for the groceries'. :d-day:

He probably wants it in writing.

Plus, he probably wants some more money. Hey he deserves it doesn't he?

I dont see him leaving. It sounds like the media is trying to stir something up. If he does leave Ireland isint going anywhere. Not that big of a deal, the foundation is already in place.

Parcells is a guy who just likes to have his ego stroked. He probably has no intention of leaving, he just wants a new guy like Ross to bow down to him and tell him money is no option and the he is still in control.

Back
Top Bottom