Bill Parcells... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells...

dolpns13

Taste the Burn
Club Member
Reaction score
Curious; Who will be shocked, and or disappionted if Parcells leaves after the 2009 season, taking into consideration his quote of how he will stay for at least 2 drafts...

FYI, this is not a bash session on BP. so if you intend on bashing BP, please feel free to not post.

I won't be surprised, because we'll still have everyone else that's in this FO now (hopefully) and they know what they're doing. The Parcells presence would be heavily missed though.

I won't be shocked or disappointed but I guarantee you that the current Bill Parcells lovers will do a turn about and start hating on him like they did with Saban, or whomever.

I won't be surprised, because we'll still have everyone else that's in this FO now (hopefully) and they know what they're doing. The Parcells presence would be heavily missed though.

were luchky to be where we are now, hopefully he will stay for a third draft, but i fully expect him to leace after the 2009 season.. depending on how that season goes... i think anything after that we should be thankful for...

I won't be shocked or disappointed but I guarantee you that the current Bill Parcell's lovers will do a turn about and start hating on him like they did with Saban.

Saban fully deserved to be hated on... Bill saud he would stay for at least 2 drafts, which he is doing, Saban on the other hand, said he wasnt talking to alabama, then 2 weeks later, he was their head coach... how one can compare saban to parcells is beyond me

EDIT: The Saban vs. Parcells comparison is really not where I saw this thread going, so hopefully, it can be killed now! Saban is one of the biggest POS's in professional football history (notice i say pro football history and not just NFL-meaning even prior to the merger), and Parcells definately deserves better than to be compared to Saban...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not even in the same ballpark with beeyatch Saban..HDY..Parcells the man said up front he wanted an escape clause, no deceit there.

I say we leave milk and cookies out for (Santa Clause) Bill, and start the fireplace for (Satan Clause) Nick (I dare him to show back up to Dolphins stadium!!!!!

Saban fully deserved to be hated on... Bill saud he would stay for at least 2 drafts, which he is doing, Saban on the other hand, said he wasnt talking to alabama, then 2 weeks later, he was their head coach... how one can compare saban to parcells is beyond me

I picked the wrong guy, but you can insert any name in there and it would work. The posters on here that have crazy love for a coach or player usually have the most hatred towards them when they leave. They're like scorned women or something.

I picked the wrong guy, but you can insert any name in there and it would work. The posters on here that have crazy love for a coach or player usually have the most hatred towards them when they leave. They're like scorned women or something.

Wait, thats isnt true IMO... for example there is MUCH MUCH more love for Wanny than for Saban... Realistically, you cannot compare Saban to ANY Miami Dolphins head coach... or like I said, to every minimal head coach in (not only NFL), professional football history

Curious; Who will be shocked, and or disappionted if Parcells leaves after the 2009 season, taking into consideration his quote of how he will stay for at least 2 drafts...

FYI, this is not a bash session on BP. so if you intend on bashing BP, please feel free to not post.

I'd be more surprised if he didn't leave. Parcells has gotten out of contracts early before and i have no doubt he will be gone shortly.

I was really sweating it before we redid the escape clause deal. If Parcells leaves next year, im extremely thankful for the foundation he layed down here. Was getting to used to bad drafts and new coaches.

I fully expect him to leave after this next season, honestly I would be shocked if he doesnt. As long as he doesnt tear apart our Coaching staff and JI, then i am ok with it.
CHubbs

what do you mean "before we redid the escape clause"

it went from a 30 day window, to be open ended. why would you sweat 30 days, but not open ended?

He asked for an opened ended clause most likely to insure the new management doesn't try to ruin his rep by forcing his hand...if Mr Ross can be trusted then Bill should have no problems. Complete control means complete control....this is Stephens team but it is Bills legacy to earn....unimpeded!!!!

If he didn't get the extension the 30 days would have lasted 2!!!!!

not shocked or disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I think BP is a great football guru. But he was brought in here to turn around the Miami Dolphins. Not to run the team for a decade, but to help weed out the bad players and practices, and replace them with quality football guys. But primarily: find a GM and Head Coach that can/will bring success to Miami for many, many years. And so far, he's done just that.

In Sparano's recent interview, he said, "We knew coming in this was going to be a two or three year deal to get where we wanted to be." I doubt Parcell's will stick around for his whole contract. But I wouldn't be too surprised if he stuck around for 2010, if there is a season. Until they get a new bargaining agreement in place, a strike or anything else is possible. Hopefully that won't happen though.

It's funny how we hear about Parcells redoing his escape clause after he did his whole media tour, but knowing full well he had finagled all the leverage he could get. He was spouting such things as, "I wouldn't leave my boys until they are ready to take over" or "where can I go." The man is egoist to a 'T'. No doubt he enjoys getting credit for all the success his teams achieve and last season was no exception. But really, how much of last season's 11-5 record due to Sparano? If the coaching was a big factor, Parcells can leave anytime as far as I'm concerned because we are in good hands.

Frankly, next year the team may have a losing record and it won't be the ideal to time leave. We also don’t know what is going to happen to the CBA. For Parcells it wont be the best time to leave, unless the team somehow unexpectedly posts another winning season. If not, I'm expecting him to leave after year 3 and by then Henne will be starter, the team will have turned the corner and he can ride off to the sunset. Ireland and staff, plus Sparano would have gotten all they could out of the man. The hope is that he won’t raid our team when he jumps ship……

i think he should go after this year, Dave wanstadts contract is almost up at Pittsburgh anyone think we should bring him here? i heard hes really good at DEFENSE!

Back
Top Bottom