Bill Parcells | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells

Chubby

SUPERFAN
Reaction score
Parcells is a fraud! Talks with one hand acts with the other.
FU Parcells.
Chubbs

I'm so sick of all the whining about Bill Parcells. He took a franchise that had no leadership, no direction, and a huge void in talent and provided stability, and direction, and built a fairly talented roster. His failure to find a franchise quarterback is a major blemish, but overall, I am grateful for the work he did in Miami. He didn't hit on all of his draft picks, but no one does. I think he has built the team into a solid, tough, young team that is on the right track. If the Dolphins can somehow find their franchise quarterback, you would be surprised how much better the talent Parcells assembled on this team looks.

I'm so sick of all the whining about Bill Parcells. He took a franchise that had no leadership, no direction, and a huge void in talent and provided stability, and direction, and built a fairly talented roster. His failure to find a franchise quarterback is a major blemish, but overall, I am grateful for the work he did in Miami. He didn't hit on all of his draft picks, but no one does. I think he has built the team into a solid, tough, young team that is on the right track. If the Dolphins can somehow find their franchise quarterback, you would be surprised how much better the talent Parcells assembled on this team looks.

A
fairly talented roster
= Good enough to win a few but not going to get you far. Ya now that you mention it, thats the Fins.

Why oh why didnt Huizenga just let him go to the Falcons.
Chubbs

I just hate to see him get credit on ESPN for all of these great football turnarounds and they include the dolphins... one winning season and parcells running with the money is hardly considered a turnaround... He hasnt done anything relevant in a long time.

I'm just angry he left the project unfinished. He bailed when he thought the ship was sinking. It was a ***** move to try and protect his reputation. Instead of staying and attacking the problem, he ditched all his friends and essentially said good luck.

I have no problem with the roster he built, my problem is with him going out the way he did. Lost a lot of respect for him.

I have no problem with him coming in and leaving. I have a problem with who he brought in and left us with, at GM.

I'm just angry he left the project unfinished. He bailed when he thought the ship was sinking. It was a ***** move to try and protect his reputation. Instead of staying and attacking the problem, he ditched all his friends and essentially said good luck.

I have no problem with the roster he built, my problem is with him going out the way he did. Lost a lot of respect for him.

This

He's a big talker. He did some good things ... but his achievements aren't even comparable to his talk.

If you didn't know he ran Miami, you would never guess looking at the roster & coaches.

On ESPN he made himself look like a know-it-all, who has it all figured out.

Note .. Parcell's talked up QBs Newton & Dalton ... so will be fun to see if he's right. Wonder of Ireland agrees??

Bill didn't do one damn thing for this organization. I also laugh at those of you who think he was the reason we went from being a 1-15 team to an 11-5 team. All Bill did with Miami was collect a fat paycheck and make bad personnel decisions. Good riddance Bill.

This

He's a big talker. He did some good things ... but his achievements aren't even comparable to his talk.

If you didn't know he ran Miami, you would never guess looking at the roster & coaches.

On ESPN he made himself look like a know-it-all, who has it all figured out.

Note .. Parcell's talked up QBs Newton & Dalton ... so will be fun to see if he's right. Wonder of Ireland agrees??

Big talker? He didn't say a word the whole time he was in Miami. I think everyone takes what the media says about him and attributes it to him talking about himself. I have NEVER heard him brag "about" his accomplishments. As a matter of fact, I heard him question his own decision to not take Matt Ryan with the first pick, and he blamed himself for the Pat White pick. How does that make him a big talker? Parcells is one of the most respected people in all of the NFL. Whether you want to admit it or not he turned four franchises around,(Giants, Patriots, Jets, and Cowboys) while he was there, and I believe, set the Dolphins on the right course. People forget how bad the state of those franchises were before he got there.

I just hate to see him get credit on ESPN for all of these great football turnarounds and they include the dolphins... one winning season and parcells running with the money is hardly considered a turnaround... He hasnt done anything relevant in a long time.
Ummmm it WAS a great turn around. No other way to look at it really. It's considered the greatest franchise turn around in NFL history. From 1 win to 11 wins in ONE season. Folks here are ungrateful. Get over it guys.

I have no problem with him coming in and leaving. I have a problem with who he brought in and left us with, at GM.

It's funny you say that because he has been relatively successful at our drafts. He's also finally gotten rid of some parts that were stinking up the place. (Ted Ginn/Jason Allen)

Really, i'd like to see some proof - tangible proof of your point. Let me know of players in FA that we have let go that have gone on to become super stars. Donald Thomas, yeh? No. Justin Smiley? Nope. Ted Ginn? Nope.

It's funny you say that because he has been relatively successful at our drafts. He's also finally gotten rid of some parts that were stinking up the place. (Ted Ginn/Jason Allen)

Really, i'd like to see some proof - tangible proof of your point. Let me know of players in FA that we have let go that have gone on to become super stars. Donald Thomas, yeh? No. Justin Smiley? Nope. Ted Ginn? Nope.

anyone bashing jeff Ireland before the upcoming draft is just drinking hatoraide.

He did what he is known for, he turend around an awful franchise(at the time) and made them respectable but left before he could finish the job. He did the same the thing in NE, w/ NYJ and in Dallas. He also turned around the Giants but he won 2 SBs b/c George Young was picking the players not BP. He's an all-time great coach but a mediocre GM type.

He deserves credit for the turnarounds, he DID turn around Miami but he didn't finish the job. How quickly people forget, you guys were 1-15 the year before and hadn't been a true playoff contender since 2002 and hadn't been in a playoff game since 2001. he deserves credit for helping turn Miami into a decent team. if people expected him to build a champion their expectations were far too high, I explained that at the time. The only time he has won big is when he was coaching and not picking players, it was unrealistic to expect him to build a champion in Miami.

You should have expected it. That is what he has done everywhere. This is a man who won the SB in jan of '87 and tried to leave the Giants. If it was up to him he would have been the falcons HC after that season. He was talking w/ the Jets while preparing for a SB w/ NE, he left the Jets after just 3 years and cost us Bill Belichick in the process, he jilted TB TWICE and he walked out on Dallas as they looked ready to be a SB contender. This is who he is and has always been.

Bill didn't do one damn thing for this organization. I also laugh at those of you who think he was the reason we went from being a 1-15 team to an 11-5 team. All Bill did with Miami was collect a fat paycheck and make bad personnel decisions. Good riddance Bill.

He was the biggest reason Miami went from 1-15 to 11-5. They were going to improve regardless but getting to 11-5 and winning the division was b/c of BP. Sparano and Ireland did good jobs and he brought them in and he signed Pennington who was the most important piece on the field.

Back
Top Bottom