Bill Parcells...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells......

Phinatic

HVAC Technician
Basement Dweller
Reaction score
Do you think that with the talent that we have a coach like Parcells or Belichek would have this team unbeatable by week 6? I think so, the difference in our coach and them is that DW designs a gameplan then tries to find players to fit, they find players and then design a gameplan to fit them. I think a coach like Parcells, Bellichek, Gibbs, Holmgren, Dungy, Gruden, Fisher, and Vermeil would have our dolphins rockin and just straight steam rollin people. Any thoughts?

I dont think so. Granted coaching matters, but I remember the season we had Jimmy Johnson and Marino and still lost games.

Yea, but I think that Parcells and Bellichek have a gameplan, and then the find players who can excel in their style of play. That's why Parcells keeps bringing back his old players who have excelled under him. They also can adjust to what they have to work with, which is Wannstedt's biggest problem. He just takes what he has and sticks with the same gameplan.

i definitly think so, look at the pats they really dont have much talent on that team but they play as a team and they are by far the best coached team in the league, same with parcells he takes losing teams and turns them around within a few years no matter what he has for talent, jimmy johnson wasent a great coach, he was a good judge of talent, he got more great players from late rounds in the draft but as far as being a great coach like parcells or belichiek he didnt even compare

Crzynick25 said:
i definitly think so, look at the pats they really dont have much talent on that team but they play as a team and they are by far the best coached team in the league, same with parcells he takes losing teams and turns them around within a few years no matter what he has for talent, jimmy johnson wasent a great coach, he was a good judge of talent, he got more great players from late rounds in the draft but as far as being a great coach like parcells or belichiek he didnt even compare

exactly right about Johnson, plus Dan was on the downside(:cry: ) and the two of them did not "click"

Phinatic said:
Do you think that with the talent that we have a coach like Parcells or Belichek would have this team unbeatable by week 6? I think so, the difference in our coach and them is that DW designs a gameplan then tries to find players to fit, they find players and then design a gameplan to fit them. I think a coach like Parcells, Bellichek, Gibbs, Holmgren, Dungy, Gruden, Fisher, and Vermeil would have our dolphins rockin and just straight steam rollin people. Any thoughts?

No, I disagree. Belichek was on the hot seat three years ago just like DW is now. They have Tom Brady who executes a the Game plan perfectly. Which Drew Bledoe couldn't. They have a great D and so do we. Brady is the wild card. Parcells is great coach. He might get it done. I dont why you say Dungy. He didn't get it done in Tampa or Indy either. Holmgren hasn't won anything in Seattle either. He won with Brett Farve and a tremendously talented football team. Dave isn't the greatest coach to walk the sidelines. He's much better than we give him credit for. It makes no sense dwelling on who your coach is. I suggest you support the coaches we have because that's all we got. I'm willing to give Dave one more season.

JTBRLZ said:
Yea, but I think that Parcells and Bellichek have a gameplan, and then the find players who can excel in their style of play. That's why Parcells keeps bringing back his old players who have excelled under him. They also can adjust to what they have to work with, which is Wannstedt's biggest problem. He just takes what he has and sticks with the same gameplan.
yeah he had a great game plan for miami on thanksgiving!!

That was the one game that I can remember where Miami came into the game with a gameplan that was effective, attack Mario Edwards.

Uggykurky said:
No, I disagree. Belichek was on the hot seat three years ago just like DW is now. They have Tom Brady who executes a the Game plan perfectly. Which Drew Bledoe couldn't. They have a great D and so do we. Brady is the wild card. Parcells is great coach. He might get it done. I dont why you say Dungy. He didn't get it done in Tampa or Indy either. Holmgren hasn't won anything in Seattle either. He won with Brett Farve and a tremendously talented football team. Dave isn't the greatest coach to walk the sidelines. He's much better than we give him credit for. It makes no sense dwelling on who your coach is. I suggest you support the coaches we have because that's all we got. I'm willing to give Dave one more season.

good post :up:

No, I disagree. Belichek was on the hot seat three years ago just like DW is now.
What? He has never been on the hotseat since arriving in NE. Three years ago he was still purging the team of the Pete Carroll years and just starting to bring in his own players. He won that year with superior coaching with very average talent. By 2003 he now has a much more talented team with most guys he drafted or signed (with Pioli), only one guy left from Carroll's years (Faulk) and a few vets from the Parcells years.

DW has been working with his own players for a few years now.

If the Dolphins brought in a Belichick or a Parcells, you would see a massive purge of the current roster which takes a couple of years. These guys like to bring in their own players, or draft players that fit a certain profile, fit their schemes etc. And both coaches would have the Dolphins in the AFC Championship game in 2 years. You could bank it.

FlyingElvis said:
What? He has never been on the hotseat since arriving in NE. Three years ago he was still purging the team of the Pete Carroll years and just starting to bring in his own players. He won that year with superior coaching with very average talent. By 2003 he now has a much more talented team with most guys he drafted or signed (with Pioli), only one guy left from Carroll's years (Faulk) and a few vets from the Parcells years.

DW has been working with his own players for a few years now.

If the Dolphins brought in a Belichick or a Parcells, you would see a massive purge of the current roster which takes a couple of years. These guys like to bring in their own players, or draft players that fit a certain profile, fit their schemes etc. And both coaches would have the Dolphins in the AFC Championship game in 2 years. You could bank it.

agree

Uggykurky said:

nice! i would just say that when it gets down to the fourth quarter (and he game plans it that way) that he would have a certain play or two waiting especially for a certain opponent. it seems to me that Parsells would always have a play that would be like 3rd and 5 and 5 minutes to go down by 4 and he runs a draw and it gets the first down and later TD. Parsells sees what a defense is doing then he adjusts at the right moment. I remember the Giants/Bills superbowl, old man otis carried the team to victory. a friggin 35+year old has been!

Uggykurky said:

nice! i would just say that when it gets down to the fourth quarter (and he game plans it that way) that he would have a certain play or two waiting especially for a certain opponent. it seems to me that Parsells would always have a play that would be like 3rd and 5 and 5 minutes to go down by 4 and he runs a draw and it gets the first down and later TD. Parsells sees what a defense is doing then he adjusts at the right moment. I remember the Giants/Bills superbowl, old man otis carried the team to victory. a friggin 35+year old hasbeen!

I'm actually tored of hearing that the Patriots don't have a lot of talent. Outside of Jason taylor, Zach Thomas, Patrick Surtain and possibly Adewale Ogunleye there is noboby on our defense that could start for theirs. On Offense maybe Chris Chambers would start but remember David Boston wouldn't be on their team. The Patriots are a more talented team then Miami and they have been for a few years now.

F150&Dolfan said:
I'm actually tored of hearing that the Patriots don't have a lot of talent. Outside of Jason taylor, Zach Thomas, Patrick Surtain and possibly Adewale Ogunleye there is noboby on our defense that could start for theirs. On Offense maybe Chris Chambers would start but remember David Boston wouldn't be on their team. The Patriots are a more talented team then Miami and they have been for a few years now.
Madison and Boston would both start for them.

Back
Top Bottom