Bills: fastest Wr corps in the AFC East? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills: fastest Wr corps in the AFC East?

cltchperf

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've heard time to time of how fast the Bills WR corps is or will be. I accepeted that because I didn't know, The Bills have good group of receivers, I'm not saying anything about that, I'm just posting this because I was wondering why Bills fans, claim their receivers corps is so much faster, this is strictly about speed not which corps is better, etc, there's already been a billion of those threads already. I happened to catch the repeat of the combine that happened in March or April, and I watched Roscoe Parrish run, and I saw his time being reported and talked about. He ran a 4.43 40 at the combine, That is fast, but it's definintly not blazing speed, it's not real fast, blazing speed is in the mid to lower 4.3 40. I don't know about Evans he might be really fast, but as a collective group, I don't think their any faster than Miami's corps., Chambers ran in the 4.3's in his combine, I found the time, It might not be exactly that fast anymore, but I think he ranges in between 4.35 and 4.40, David Boston when healthy is also pretty damn fast too. Marty Booker is average speed. Eric Moulds has never been fast either, but that wasn't his game he used his size, and good routes to take advantage of the db's covering him. I'd say Moulds and Booker have probably simialr speed, where they use their size, Marty can provide Miami with a good possesion receiver, he runs like a rb after the catch which is good too. Moulds will probably do well again next year, too. The Bills Wr definitely have good speed, but I don't think they're as fast, or so much faster than they're said to be.

Collectively, I give the edge to Parrish and Evans over Chambers and Boston. Specifically because, while I know that Lee Evans is almost exactly as fast as Chris Chambers, I definitely would give Roscoe Parrish the edge in a footrace with David Boston right now while Boston is recovering from a patellar tendon tear.

But you're sort of right. Moulds is probably as fast as Booker. Chambers I know is as fast as Evans. And when healthy in his absolute prime, David Boston MIGHT win a straight-line footrace against Roscoe Parrish...however Parrish is more agile, has quicker feet, and with Boston not being healthy right now he probably doesn't have the straight line edge over Parrish anymore either.

go_fins said:
Who cares? The one that's going to need the speed is Loseman to run away from Jason Taylor. Here's what ESPN mag said about his LT:

:lol: :lol:

Umm, he played LT with the Bears. Just had injury problems. Tell the reporter to get his facts straight.

ckparrothead said:
Collectively, I give the edge to Parrish and Evans over Chambers and Boston. Specifically because, while I know that Lee Evans is almost exactly as fast as Chris Chambers, I definitely would give Roscoe Parrish the edge in a footrace with David Boston right now while Boston is recovering from a patellar tendon tear.

But you're sort of right. Moulds is probably as fast as Booker. Chambers I know is as fast as Evans. And when healthy in his absolute prime, David Boston MIGHT win a straight-line footrace against Roscoe Parrish...however Parrish is more agile, has quicker feet, and with Boston not being healthy right now he probably doesn't have the straight line edge over Parrish anymore either.

Well hopefully he'll (Boston) will recover alright, I've heard that he's been running pretty fast though, When he's fully recovered, I think he'll be pretty fast, especially with the weight that he's at now, 230, I think it's been quite awhile since he's been at that weight

Crisis said:
Umm, he played LT with the Bears. Just had injury problems. Tell the reporter to get his facts straight.
:lol:A reporter with his facts straight???????:rofl3:

This is how one website rates them for speed: http://www.couchscout.com/pwr.htm

NY Jets: Laveranues Coles - 4.29 (1), Justin McCareins - 4.47 (7)
Wayne Chrebet - 4.62 (11)

Buffalo: Eric Moulds -4.51 (8), Lee Evans - 4.35(2), Roscoe Parrish - 4.43 (5)

Miami : Chris Chambers - 4.39(3), Marty Booker - 4.56 (10), David Boston - 4.42(4)

NE: Deion Branch - 4.43 (5), David Givens - 4.53 (9), Troy Brown -4.56(9)/Tim Dwight 4.47(7)

I'm not sure who the third receiver will end up being for NE.

Couch Scout is far from gospel on times. I personally would rate Evans at 4.33, but we're talking about peanuts there. If these times are pretty close, then obviously the Jets have the top pair, followed by the Bills, Dolphins and Patriots in that order. When you consider the top three it gets more complicated. If you take average speed of the top three, it works lilke this:

Buffalo: 4.43
NY Jets: 4.46
Miami: 4.467
NE: 4.503 or 4.473

Or you could go by rankings among the top three WRs of all teams in the AFC East. I've ranked each receiver according to speed. If you add up the ranking for each team, using only 3 receivers for NE, the lower number the better.

Buffalo's total:15
Miami's total:17
Jets' total:19
NE's total: 21 or 23 dependinng on who you include.

To summarize: The Jets have the fastest pair, followed in order by Buffalo, Miami and NE.

The Bills have the fastest average speed by their top three receivers, followed by the Jets, Miami, and NE. The Bills have the highest average rank of the top three receivers on each team followed by Miami, Jets and NE. Of course, all of that means little when you consider NE has won 2 straight Super Bowls and has the slowest WR corps every possible way you look at it.

There's a difference between being fast and being quick. Evans and Chambers are fast but Moulds and Parrish are quick.

Moulds was always a deep threat because of his quickness but wasn't that fast. He has since been asked to run up the middle where he is also dangerous and the deep threat was handed to both Price and now, Evans.

Justa is right on Parrish. It was the combination of speed and quickness that attracted them to Parrish.

Justasportsfan said:
There's a difference between being fast and being quick. Evans and Chambers are fast but Moulds and Parrish are quick.

Moulds was always a deep threat because of his quickness but wasn't that fast. He has since been asked to run up the middle where he is also dangerous and the deep threat was handed to both Price and now, Evans.

This is a good point. No one could accelerate in the open field like Jerry Rice. How many times did he catch a short range pass across the middle and just smoke the whole team on his way to the endzone? And yet his 40 time was never very good

TigerJ said:
This is how one website rates them for speed: http://www.couchscout.com/pwr.htm

NY Jets: Laveranues Coles - 4.29 (1), Justin McCareins - 4.47 (7)
Wayne Chrebet - 4.62 (11)

Buffalo: Eric Moulds -4.51 (8), Lee Evans - 4.35(2), Roscoe Parrish - 4.43 (5)

Miami : Chris Chambers - 4.39(3), Marty Booker - 4.56 (10), David Boston - 4.42(4)

NE: Deion Branch - 4.43 (5), David Givens - 4.53 (9), Troy Brown -4.56(9)/Tim Dwight 4.47(7)

I'm not sure who the third receiver will end up being for NE.

Couch Scout is far from gospel on times. I personally would rate Evans at 4.33, but we're talking about peanuts there. If these times are pretty close, then obviously the Jets have the top pair, followed by the Bills, Dolphins and Patriots in that order. When you consider the top three it gets more complicated. If you take average speed of the top three, it works lilke this:

Buffalo: 4.43
NY Jets: 4.46
Miami: 4.467
NE: 4.503 or 4.473

Or you could go by rankings among the top three WRs of all teams in the AFC East. I've ranked each receiver according to speed. If you add up the ranking for each team, using only 3 receivers for NE, the lower number the better.

Buffalo's total:15
Miami's total:17
Jets' total:19
NE's total: 21 or 23 dependinng on who you include.

To summarize: The Jets have the fastest pair, followed in order by Buffalo, Miami and NE.

The Bills have the fastest average speed by their top three receivers, followed by the Jets, Miami, and NE. The Bills have the highest average rank of the top three receivers on each team followed by Miami, Jets and NE. Of course, all of that means little when you consider NE has won 2 straight Super Bowls and has the slowest WR corps every possible way you look at it.

L.Coles is that fast? I never thought that he was that fast if it wasn't for his speed the jets wouldn't be ahead of Miami, Buffalo's and Miami's speed looks pretty close though, Evans and Chambers are really close, Parrish and Boston are really similar, same as Moulds and Booker. I though S.Moss was faster than Coles, he ran a 4.32 -4.35 or something I thought.

zachseau13 said:
This is a good point. No one could accelerate in the open field like Jerry Rice. How many times did he catch a short range pass across the middle and just smoke the whole team on his way to the endzone? And yet his 40 time was never very good
:up: Rice is the perfect example.

cltchperf said:
L.Coles is that fast? I never thought that he was that fast if it wasn't for his speed the jets wouldn't be ahead of Miami, Buffalo's and Miami's speed looks pretty close though, Evans and Chambers are really close, Parrish and Boston are really similar, same as Moulds and Booker. I though S.Moss was faster than Coles, he ran a 4.32 -4.35 or something I thought.

Like I said, don't take couch scout as gospel. I've found discrepancies before, between couch scout and othere web sites on football players. I do remember that coming out of college Coles was reputed to have some serious speed. He was not a top pick because he had some off field issues and was not as polished as some guys coming out of college.

cltchperf said:

Yea alot of people dont realize just how fast he is and quick

I dont know if you remember or not but coming out of college alot of teams had Coles ahead of Warrick as far as a WR goes but since Coles took the fall for the scandle that him and Warrick were involved in it killed his draft status and is also the reason why on MNF he says his highschool instead of Florida St.

Back
Top Bottom