Bills HC Marrone pulled a Sparano | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills HC Marrone pulled a Sparano

datruth55

Hungry for defense
Club Member
Reaction score
2. The Bills' preseason has gone from bad to worse. Coach Doug Marrone kept EJ Manuel on the field for three drives against Detroit's backups with the hope of building some confidence. Instead, Manuel went 3 for 8 during three unproductive drives. Even worse, wide receiver Sammy Watkins re-injured his ribs in the second quarter. It's been an incredibly depressing month for Buffalo. Manuel isn't accurate.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000385669/article/eleven-things-to-know-from-thursdays-games

Didn't Sparano do this with our O-line one preseason and got Jake Long hurt?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000385669/article/eleven-things-to-know-from-thursdays-games

Didn't Sparano do this with our O-line one preseason and got Jake Long hurt?

Yes. Against the Cowboys if i recall correctly. Our offense needed work but that was dumb.

That said, while it was stupid to keep an already injured player in there like that, i cant blame Marrone overly much for this one. Manuel is hot garbage. Marrone is coaching for his job and desperately trying to make a burning blimp fly. In his position i doubt id let Watkins play, but i cant really fault his reasoning: Manuel needs every scrap of talent around him as often as they can manage. They need to build chemistry. They need Watkins to save Manuel. It wont happen, but i can see why Marrone did what he did.

And, because i find this so, so delicious, i feel the need to remind everyone yet again: the Bills have no first round pick next year. They are totally stuck. If im going to blame Marrone for anything, its not for keeping his starters out there in the 4th preseason game, its for drafting Manuel in the first place.

the issue is the Bills don't have a backup to either A)Push EJ or B)Tutor him. It was supposed to be Kolb last year but he got hurt.

It's comical as all hell that between Tuel and Jordan Palmer they have a combined 1 regular season touchdown pass. While on the other hand Moorman has 2. They have absolutely no help at the position and if Manuel goes down which I think he will, their season will go even farther down the tubes.

Bills just signed Kyle Orton. Instantly becomes the best QB on the roster. I hope he doesn't wind up starting in place of EJ in the second meeting between Miami/Buff.

Bills just signed Kyle Orton. Instantly becomes the best QB on the roster. I hope he doesn't wind up starting in place of EJ in the second meeting between Miami/Buff.

not the way manuel has looked. He showed some potential last year but has been pretty bad this preseason.

Don't like that Orton signing. If he winds up taking over that's a pretty good football team. Manuel is holding them back.

Coming next: how I'm worried about the Browns. Oh, we don't play? We dodged one! :crazy:

Seriously, we need to worry about things other than playing Kyle effing Orton if we are to keep our sanity, folks.

Back
Top Bottom