Bills hire Doug Marrone as head coach | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills hire Doug Marrone as head coach

It is kind of scary what Lovie Smith could have done to that defense with the pieces they had.

I'm surprised that they didn't make an offer to Lovie Smith once Chip Kelley decided to stay at Oregon. Perhaps they didn't want another fired Bears head coach?

I like the fact they are not going with a retread but I am not sold on Marrone. Going from the bottom of the Big East to the top is not a huge accomplishment. For the Bills fans, I hope they got the right guy this time. It would be nice to battle them for the division.

I don't think you guys realize how awful Syracuse was, Doug Marrone did an outstanding job at SU. I don't now if he will be a good HC in the NFL but he was a longtime assistsant so he has familiarity w/ the NFL.

I'm surprised that they didn't make an offer to Lovie Smith once Chip Kelley decided to stay at Oregon. Perhaps they didn't want another fired Bears head coach?

But Lovie Smith would have been an excellent pick up for the Bills. He did a fantastic job in Chicago and was fired with a 10-6 record.
They had only 3 losing seasons in 9 years with Smith (2 of which were 7-9). They also won their division 3 times. They went 3 times in 9 years to the playoffs and missed out twice because once of a tie breaker (2012) and once they went 9-7 and the Eagles had a 9-6-1 record (2008).

In the 9 years prior to Smith they had 2 winning seasons.

Record over 9 years before Smith:
59-85 plus playoffs 1-2

Record under Smith:
81-63 plus playoffs 3-3

I am glad the Bills didn't pick him up. Really glad. Now I can only hope that the Jets stick with Ryan. If Smith would have gone Buffalo we'd be toast.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

I don't think you guys realize how awful Syracuse was, Doug Marrone did an outstanding job at SU. I don't now if he will be a good HC in the NFL but he was a longtime assistsant so he has familiarity w/ the NFL.

Wow. Great insides. You are just a fountain of knowledge.

There is a Bills fan in my office and, true story, he walked up to me today and said "Did you see we hired a guy named Moron?" I just laughed, he is pissed with the hire.

I also am from the CUSE and everyone know seems to think hes going to draft nassib lol

I also am from the CUSE and everyone know seems to think hes going to draft nassib lol

I saw on some Bills message boards that they want to take him in the top 10. :lol: Marrone and Nassib in the first round for the Bills is a Dolphins, Jets and Patriots dream come true.

It just keeps getting better with the Bills. The 33 year old Syracuse offensive coordinator is now the Bills' offensive coordinator. His pro experience? He was the Bills quality control coach before he went to Syracuse. Buffalo is still the same clown show. :lol:

I follow cuse, I'm from central NY. He's taken cuse to a bottom feeding bowl game, but last year they stunk. They had 4 years, and even this year they would blow games they should win and way to turnover prone for a coach thats supposed to be a successful nfl coach now. I don't care that he has previous experience in nfl. Cuse has been to crappy bowl games before him a few years before his hire. Pasqualoni took cuse to the most success they've had in a long time when they had Mcnabb and harrison on offense, and I don't think he could or would do well in nfl either. In fact last years, pasqualonis lowly UConn football team beat Cuse last year (I didn't even think Uconn had a football program cause they've never been good). We know how the basketball team for UCONN is another story though. Ton of successful coaches in college had tried the nfl and have failed and with much better pedigrees. They found out fast how difficult it is to win in the nfl and its another ballpark compared to college. So much more competitive and talented. Marrone is supposed to be successful in the nfl that many more successful ones have failed and is much tougher than college football to succeed when he can't even do better than mediocre in NCAA football? Yeah he helped some and Cuse is not USC, etc, butif he's such a good coach, you would think he could recruit better and bring talent and coach talent to where cuse could compete wiht better talent. And like I said cuse was so undisciplined on offense for a supposed good coach. So many times Cuse would fumble one after the other or drop easy passes or constant pentalities and blowing their chances in many games. I know other college teams do, but Cuse did that alot, and lost games against inferior talent, like UConn, the years of marrone.

I follow cuse, I'm from central NY. He's taken cuse to a bottom feeding bowl game, but last year they stunk. They had 4 years, and even this year they would blow games they should win and way to turnover prone for a coach thats supposed to be a successful nfl coach now. I don't care that he has previous experience in nfl. Cuse has been to crappy bowl games before him a few years before his hire. Pasqualoni took cuse to the most success they've had in a long time when they had Mcnabb and harrison on offense, and I don't think he could or would do well in nfl either. In fact last years, pasqualonis lowly UConn football team beat Cuse last year (I didn't even think Uconn had a football program cause they've never been good). We know how the basketball team for UCONN is another story though. Ton of successful coaches in college had tried the nfl and have failed and with much better pedigrees. They found out fast how difficult it is to win in the nfl and its another ballpark compared to college. So much more competitive and talented. Marrone is supposed to be successful in the nfl that many more successful ones have failed and is much tougher than college football to succeed when he can't even do better than mediocre in NCAA football? Yeah he helped some and Cuse is not USC, etc, butif he's such a good coach, you would think he could recruit better and bring talent and coach talent to where cuse could compete wiht better talent. And like I said cuse was so undisciplined on offense for a supposed good coach. So many times Cuse would fumble one after the other or drop easy passes or constant pentalities and blowing their chances in many games. I know other college teams do, but Cuse did that alot, and lost games against inferior talent, like UConn, the years of marrone.

Pasqualoni was awful, the BE was an even bigger joke back then and they'd get to bigger bowl games based on that. SU was as bad of a program as a div I program could be, he turned them around and had them tied for the BE title where the co-champ destroyed Florida in the Sugar Bowl. I don't know if Marrone will be a successful NFL HC but you cannot question the outstanding job he did in turning around a joke of a program.

I dont know what the laughing is for, he is just as qualified as Joe Philbin, probably more qualified with his head coaching experience. He is a young aggressive coach that is highly thought of around the NFL. Im glad he was able to bring in an experience defensive coach as well.

I saw on some Bills message boards that they want to take him in the top 10. :lol: Marrone and Nassib in the first round for the Bills is a Dolphins, Jets and Patriots dream come true.
Lol my reply to them was just good so buffalo can stay in last place for years to come hahaha

Back
Top Bottom