Bills looking to jump Dolphins for a QB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills looking to jump Dolphins for a QB?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
They just traded Cordy Glenn to move up to #12 with Bengals. They still have another 1st round pick from KC and a ton of other ammo (http://buffalonews.com/2018/03/09/how-many-draft-picks-will-the-bills-have-after-tyrod-taylor-trade/) to move up further. It's clear that is their strategy, especially after trading Tyrod.

The question is, which QB are they targeting? This could force Dolphins into a trade up if they are also targeting a QB lest they end up with the guy they want in their division...

Absolutely. I posted this idea awhile ago. I wouldn't be shocked to see Buffalo try to go up to the Giants pick, maybe Indy.

The thing to watch here is whether Miami ends up giving up the 2019 number one, which should be extremely high.

But we don't have the Firepower to move up ahead of them plus we don't have a deal maker like they have that can pull it off

Buffalo is setting themselves up perfectly to be the Patriots ‘ heir apparent by 2020. And the Jets are still a major wildcard with all the money in the world. Dolphins have no room for error.

If it's true they want to draft Mayfield, then why move up? He's not a guy teams are going to trade up to draft in the top five. IMO he will be there at 11.

What’s really funny to me is that a slightly above average LT got the Bills up 9 spots, but people don’t think Tannehill could get Miami from 11 to 5
As you get higher in the first. Picks have more value

This is a scary situation for me as a fan. You just don’t know how serious Miami is about drafting one of these questionable QB’s. Without the draft picks that Buffalo has it most probably means, trading picks in 2019 and a likely 1st rounder. Big mistake. Especially once you take into consideration how deep the 2019 draft will be at DL.

If you believe one of these QBs is a franchise changer, at this point I think you just got to do what you can to make sure that player doesn't end up in the division torching them for the next decade plus... Since we are blowing it all up anyway I wouldn't even mind jumping up to take the coveted QB and keep them out of the division. I'd wait to see what's available at 5 with the Broncos, because jumping up any higher would be too rich for the Dolphins to do though. If Allen, Mayfield or Rosen are sitting there at 5 and Bills are trying to jump up, go ahead and trade Tannehill and a 2 or 3 to move up to the spot.

Might as well be bold and take a chance at this point.

Wow. So that’s what a competent front office looks like. Flipped a player they had no intention of keeping for 8 spots up the first round of the draft.

We better damn well hope that if it’s true we want a QB, it’s not the same one they want.

Miami may have to trade picks in 2019 to move up. They don’t have the fire power Buffalo does. I wouldn’t do that. But I’m not Mike Tannenbaum.

Yeah, I don’t see how we move up and bypass the Bills. We don’t have the capital to compete or many horses left to trade.

In lieu of recent activity, seems best to stand pat and wait for BPA to fall at #11. Or listen to offers and trade down for extra picks.

Back
Top Bottom