Bills Name Tyrod Taylor Starting QB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Name Tyrod Taylor Starting QB

He was the fans preference and was at least as effective as Cassel in preseason so no surprise Rex named him the starter. We know the scheme will be to run the football the majority of the time and Taylor fits right into that scheme. Only time will tell if he can withstand the beating he may take. He does have a good arm and is fairly accurate but its hard to get a feel for his pre and post snap decision making yet.

I don't get overly excited about preseason performances because defenses are very vanilla, starters are playing less each year and they are not going all out. The Bills went 9-7 with EJ so there is no reason to think they won't at least match that. I think there is a real chance 3 AFC East teams make the playoffs and the Bills would be one of them.

I very much agree with that. And hopefully we win the division so the Pats and Bills can beat up on each other in the first round.

I very much agree with that. And hopefully we win the division so the Pats and Bills can beat up on each other in the first round.

In the good old days when both of our teams sucked Bills and Dolphin fans trash talked each other because we kind knew we had nothing real to hope for. Now there is a mutual respect and yes, fear growing. It's an arms race now and you guys are definitely one of the rising powers in the AFC. There are just so many unknowns which is why the excitement is building. Tyrod Taylor is a complete swing for the fence. We might strike out or we might hit a home run. I do appreciate the play to win mentality that Rex and our GM have. They are gamblers, which is the complete opposite of what the national media's "take" on Rex is.

In the good old days when both of our teams sucked Bills and Dolphin fans trash talked each other because we kind knew we had nothing real to hope for. Now there is a mutual respect and yes, fear growing. It's an arms race now and you guys are definitely one of the rising powers in the AFC. There are just so many unknowns which is why the excitement is building. Tyrod Taylor is a complete swing for the fence. We might strike out or we might hit a home run. I do appreciate the play to win mentality that Rex and our GM have. They are gamblers, which is the complete opposite of what the national media's "take" on Rex is.

Those days blew ass. I grew up in the good ol' days of Marino and Kelly, and Patsy fans were unheard of.

Those days blew ass. I grew up in the good ol' days of Marino and Kelly, and Patsy fans were unheard of.

There were no Pats fans until Brady. They will go back to watching the Red Sox once Tommy retires.

yeah you could see Tyrod getting the nod for a while now.... plus Rex was loving him throughout as well. the kid earned to start at the helm.

That's good for us. Rex still doesn't know QBs. He lifts a QB into the starting job who has never thrown for a TD in the NFL - in 4 years. That QB has not faced any starters in preseason. It was either EJ (1x) or Cassel (2x). He may not be the starting QB when we are playing the Bills.

I personally think that Cassel would have been the better choice for now. But I would have put him on a short leash. Cassel may not be starting material for the duration of a season now but you cannot overlook the experience and his two outstanding season in KC and NE.

Whatever hurts them, helps us and Rex is doing his best to screw up the O in Buffalo as a continuation of his time as a Jets HC.

Still waiting on to who you were referring........

I grew up during the 20 games domination of the Bills from 1970-1980
That is my expectation.

I thought TT looked good in the preseason games. He's definitely athletic and can run to make something out of nothing. My biggest concern with him is him being a smaller QB. I hope he's durable enough to last a season.

[video=youtube;EeKeKDhksCM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeKeKDhksCM[/video]

I just went over Taylor's game vs the Colts. Check out some of the yardage of the passes through the air.

He may have tossed one well thrown deep ball, but 10 out of his 14 completions were for less than 5 yards and 6 were behind the LOS.

:chuckle:

I just went over Taylor's game vs the Colts. Check out some of the yardage of the passes through the air.

He may have tossed one well thrown deep ball, but 10 out of his 14 completions were for less than 5 yards and 6 were behind the LOS.

Yep if you watched the Game and saw Romans gameplan that is what they were trying to do alot of short hitches and screens to get Ball in hands of playmakers as fast as possible.

Percy Harvin TD catch... yes?

Yep if you watched the Game and saw Romans gameplan that is what they were trying to do alot of short hitches and screens to get Ball in hands of playmakers as fast as possible.

I watched the game and I don't think I saw a single timing throw like the hitch. Most of the passes were a result of dump offs and checkdowns, and were not deliberate play calls besides the 5 or 6 quick screens. Overall Taylor completed two long passes that went beyond the 20+ range, zero within 10-19 range and all the rest were for 10 or less yards.

I watched the game and I don't think I saw a single timing throw like the hitch. Most of the passes were a result of dump offs and checkdowns, and were not deliberate play calls besides the 5 or 6 quick screens. Overall Taylor completed two long passes that went beyond the 20+ range, zero within 10-19 range and all the rest were for 10 or less yards.

I hope we can tackle next week. That will be the key to beating them.

Back
Top Bottom