Bills now regret paying charles clay all that money | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills now regret paying charles clay all that money

What happened to Clay?

He might not be a fin anymore, but he's still one of my favorite players in the NFL.

go ahead and cut him. i would gladly take him back.

Charles Clay is a good player. Buffalo pretty obviously was trying to get Miami to overpay to resign him and we called their bluff. They had no plan to use him and he doesn't fit with what they're doing, and Tyrod Taylor (who I like) really isn't the type of QB to deliver the ball to him in the areas where he is best.

Not surprised at all. In fact, I think a bunch of FH's finest called this one when it happened.

go ahead and cut him. i would gladly take him back.

Absolutely. He's a great role-player who is being paid like a guy who is going to carry an offense, and he's not that.

Uh this isn't in regards to Clay. Why dont you include all of it then OP?

Rex Ryan was talking about the depth behind Clay. He said Gragg is the only one close, so they need to look for more help.

Charles Clay is a horizontal tight end (excels closer to the line of scrimmage and at run after catch rather than vertical routes). Tyrod is a vertical QB. His down the field throws are the best part of his game.

Jordan Cameron is a vertical tight end. Ryan Tannehill is a horizontal quarterback.

:idk:

**** like this is why struggling teams tend to continue to struggle. They can't get their heads and their asses wired together.

If this report is accurate it makes me wonder how Clay's knee is doing. That's sort of the trade off we got. Cameron was coming off multiple concussions. Clay has a bum knee.

I put Charles Clay in the Hartline category: another on the list of marginals player that RT17 turned into a star contract far beyond their true skills.

RT17's insane accuracy blew up Hartline into a mega-contract (for him). And same with Clay.

Clay now has a QB that can't make the tight coverage and zero window passes that RT17 does. He better thank Tannehill for the best contract that he will ever sign. Cause he'll never be viewed as the bell cow again. Pure illusion just like the Hartline and Bess illusions.

LD

Uh this isn't in regards to Clay. Why dont you include all of it then OP?

Rex Ryan was talking about the depth behind Clay. He said Gragg is the only one close, so they need to look for more help.

The Bills lost Gragg for the season to an ACL injury in the game against Washington.

Charles Clay is a horizontal tight end (excels closer to the line of scrimmage and at run after catch rather than vertical routes). Tyrod is a vertical QB. His down the field throws are the best part of his game.

Jordan Cameron is a vertical tight end. Ryan Tannehill is a horizontal quarterback.

**** like this is why struggling teams tend to continue to struggle. They can't get their heads and their asses wired together.

If this report is accurate it makes me wonder how Clay's knee is doing. That's sort of the trade off we got. Cameron was coming off multiple concussions. Clay has a bum knee.

Tyrod has had decent success vertically because he's been throwing to huge windows of separation. Like 5 and 10 yards. And to WRs that routinely win the catch point and contested balls. Make Tyrod throw to tight coverage and zero separation windows and people (who can see) will see the truth.

LD

Tyrod has had decent success vertically because he's been throwing to huge windows of separation. Like 5 and 10 yards. And to WRs that routinely win the catch point and contested balls. Make Tyrod throw to tight coverage and zero separation windows and people (who can see) will see the truth.

LD

Its a very different offense... its as balanced as you're going to get and they play versus loaded boxes...

LD

Tyrod Taylor is a very good deep thrower. On the short stuff, he struggles a lot at times, but I don't think you should take anything away from Taylor's deep passing game. On the real long vertical stuff, he put the ball up more than anyone else in the NFL last year, and was the best at it.

Right now, Charles Clay lower back is a bigger problem than his knees.

Back
Top Bottom