Bills vs. Jags Playoff game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills vs. Jags Playoff game

I am a little surprised to be honest. It’s 3-0 and neither offense could do stay on the field for an extended period of time but still their defenses are not tired yet? That’s strange.

If you're being really fair here then you would note that the pressure early on that the Jags were getting is already noticeably different.

Based on the fact that Ryan Tannehill is twice the QB that Blake Bortles is.
Is he?
People point out in this thread that Smith has played a few more years than Tannehill. So did Tannehill over Bortles. But experience does not count anymore?
First 4 years Tannehill: 87 TDs, 54 INT
First 4 years Bortles: 90 TDs, 64 TDs

Over their careers both are pretty even as well: 4.0 TD% and 2.9 INT% (Bortles)/2.5 INT% (Tannehill).

It is really not a fact that Tannehill is twice the QB than Tannehill is. It is a very objective observation. But I understand that.

That’s not necessarily fatigue. It could be Bills coaches that know how to adjust before half time. I know that’s also a phenomen we he haven’t seen in South Florida for a while now but I’m pretty sure it does exist.

Is he?
People point out in this thread that Smith has played a few more years than Tannehill. So did Tannehill over Bortles. But experience does not count anymore?

Over their careers both are pretty even as well: 4.0 TD% and 2.9 INT% (Bortles)/2.5 INT% (Tannehill).

It is really not a fact that Tannehill is twice the QB than Tannehill is. It is a very objective observation. But I understand that.
You ARE watching the game, right?

Yes I do. Never seen a stinker by Tannehill? Ever?

Perhaps I'm being biased here but i can't recall Tannehill being that bad at throwing 5 yard passes. Bortles is missing easy dump off stuff.

Is he?

If this proves anything, it's that you can't evaluate a quarterback based on box scores.

I know which quarterback I'd take on my team, and I know which quarterback everyone else would want on their team, and it's not even close.

I've seen Tannehill play poorly, but it usually coinicides with the entire team playing poorly. Especially the OL. I don't think I recall a game where Tannehill was the only thing that was bad.

Maybe Houston his rookie year and the Rams last year?

Back
Top Bottom