Bills won't match offer, Gillislee now a Patriot....

Discussion in 'Beasts of the AFC East' started by Heisenphin, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Heisenphin

Heisenphin formally known as CANEPHINS

This doesn't make me happy. I honestly wish we would have made an offer on him and brought Gillislee back home, where he could get a fair shot with this regime and offense. Now we have another ex-Phin going to New England, which could potentially burn us. He did have 9 touchdowns last year, which is nothing to sneeze at. :err:

2. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Sorry Heisenphin, but news about a Bills rb signing for New England goes in the NFL forum

Edit: My mistake, it goes in the AFC East forum

3. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

8 TDs for him coming up.

4. Hoot

Hoot Keeper of the Old Code Finheaven VIP

I am surprised at how much money New England is investing into the RB room of their team. They have accrued quite a stable.

5. Sons Of Shula

Sons Of Shula not a dull boy Hammered Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

They're always ahead of the the trends. Just as everyone is catching up to playing the majority of their defensive snaps in Nickel and filling out their 11, 10, and 00 personnel sets, it seems NE is reverting back to some ol' school ground & pound/vertical-play-action offense to take advantage of the teams smaller 4-2 fronts.

6. Hoot

Hoot Keeper of the Old Code Finheaven VIP

Absolutely. They zig when others zag. I've been discussing with my buddies for awhile that I can see the NFL eventually coming back around to rush heavy offenses. When defenses fill themselves with smaller, quicker players to combat the fast flying passing game, offenses that eventually shift back to big hog ground and pound will push them around. Everything goes in waves. I really like the balanced approach NE is currently employing in the RB group. I see Burkehead thriving in that offense. I'm "surprised" in the money they are putting into the position this year. Dion Lewis and James White are both really solid RBs. Then they spend close to $7 mil (I think) adding Burkehead and Gillislee on top of those two. Granted they had a ton of cap space. They've always seemed to get bargain RBs and make them work in the system.

Sons Of Shula likes this.
  7. royalshank

royalshank Practice Squad All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

Has 3 already.

8. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

Yep. Only 45 yards too. Blount had 18 TDs last year I think.