Bills won't match offer, Gillislee now a Patriot.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills won't match offer, Gillislee now a Patriot....

THE OG CANEPHINS

formally known as CANEPHINS
Reaction score
Gillislee's deal with the Patriots is for two years and worth $6.4 million, including $4 million in the first year, sources told ESPN. The Bills had five days to decide whether to match the offer sheet.
Buffalo will receive a fifth-round draft pick from New England as compensation. The Bills assigned Gillislee the original-round restricted free-agent tender, worth $1.797 million for one year. Gillislee was selected in the fifth round by the Miami Dolphins in 2013.

This doesn't make me happy. I honestly wish we would have made an offer on him and brought Gillislee back home, where he could get a fair shot with this regime and offense. Now we have another ex-Phin going to New England, which could potentially burn us. He did have 9 touchdowns last year, which is nothing to sneeze at. :err:

Sorry Heisenphin, but news about a Bills rb signing for New England goes in the NFL forum

Edit: My mistake, it goes in the AFC East forum

I am surprised at how much money New England is investing into the RB room of their team. They have accrued quite a stable.

I am surprised at how much money New England is investing into the RB room of their team. They have accrued quite a stable.

They're always ahead of the the trends. Just as everyone is catching up to playing the majority of their defensive snaps in Nickel and filling out their 11, 10, and 00 personnel sets, it seems NE is reverting back to some ol' school ground & pound/vertical-play-action offense to take advantage of the teams smaller 4-2 fronts.

They're always ahead of the the trends. Just as everyone is catching up to playing the majority of their defensive snaps in Nickel and filling out their 11, 10, and 00 personnel sets, it seems NE is reverting back to some ol' school ground & pound/vertical-play-action offense to take advantage of the teams smaller 4-2 fronts.

Absolutely. They zig when others zag. I've been discussing with my buddies for awhile that I can see the NFL eventually coming back around to rush heavy offenses. When defenses fill themselves with smaller, quicker players to combat the fast flying passing game, offenses that eventually shift back to big hog ground and pound will push them around. Everything goes in waves. I really like the balanced approach NE is currently employing in the RB group. I see Burkehead thriving in that offense. I'm "surprised" in the money they are putting into the position this year. Dion Lewis and James White are both really solid RBs. Then they spend close to $7 mil (I think) adding Burkehead and Gillislee on top of those two. Granted they had a ton of cap space. They've always seemed to get bargain RBs and make them work in the system.

Back
Top Bottom