Blackout looming for Jets/Dolphins? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blackout looming for Jets/Dolphins?

I love the "too much to do in Miami" excuse, people are sitting on their couch, not going to Disney land

I'm going on Sunday, but I don't even really want to. I hate to say it but the game day experience at Sun Life Stadium has gotten worse and worse, and is especially tough for 1:00 games. I'd much rather be on the couch eating MY food, drinking MY beer, and watching the other games along with the Phins. Why would people spend their hard earned $ to see this team at such a crappy stadium? Publix and Budweiser would probably buy all of the tickets anyway.

What exactly happens during a blackout?

The game will not be shown on TV in the local Dolphins market. If you live outside the Dolphins market, like I do(Pennsylvania), you will still be able to see the game. Basically means that if you live in Miami and the game is blacked out, you better get to the stadium if you want to watch it live.

The Miami Heat are taking the casual fans wallet.

Remember, most of miami lives somewhere near the poverty line. Miami has, for about 20 years, been among the cities with the worst poverty rates in the country. Combine this with Miami's long history of average median income also being among the lowest of any city in the United States. Then add on to that, some of the country's highest residential costs and the bad economy........and it shows you that the Dolphins have to compete with the Marlins, and now the champion Miami Heat, with a limited amount of people who are sports fans with disposable income.

I wouldn't be so quick to bash the fans for not caring. Blame the economy.

your avatar is friggin hilarious !!!!!! good stuff

I love the "too much to do in Miami" excuse, people are sitting on their couch, not going to Disney land

They don't even have Disney Land to go to. That is in California and Disney World is about a four hour drive from Miami. They do have the beach, apparently that only shows up on Sundays in the fall.:tumbleweed:

I'm going on Sunday, but I don't even really want to. I hate to say it but the game day experience at Sun Life Stadium has gotten worse and worse, and is especially tough for 1:00 games. I'd much rather be on the couch eating MY food, drinking MY beer, and watching the other games along with the Phins. Why would people spend their hard earned $ to see this team at such a crappy stadium? Publix and Budweiser would probably buy all of the tickets anyway.

I agree our stadium sucks. After going to some of the newer fields in the NFL it's hard to accept our own. IMO the money spent on those renovations were a mistake. Should have blown it up and built new. It needs a roof! Something like they have in Arizona. Without that, expect to always see empty orange seats.

I'm not going just to piss off Nublar7. lol

There are a lot of reasons why Dolphins attendance sucks but I think the biggest reason -- all things considered -- is still the fact that the product has been garbage.

Remember that at one point, the Pittsburgh Steelers had more wins at Sun Life Stadium over a full year than the Miami Dolphins did?

Bad team playing for a bad coach with a dinosaur philosophy. Nobody wants to go see that crap.

Instead of asking for handouts, why don't you sell one of your closet full of throwback jerseys you are always bragging about and go buy a ticket for Sunday's game.

Handouts? When did I ask for handouts? All I said is I won't go unless it's free. I can buy tickets for the remainder of the season if I wanted to.

I went to the game last Sunday. It was great, fun, exciting, I screamed my butt off. You don't know how badly I want to go again this Sunday, but I honestly don't have the money.

I'm not a lazy band wagon fan, I just don't have the money to go to another game this season.

The Miami Heat are taking the casual fans wallet.

Remember, most of miami lives somewhere near the poverty line. Miami has, for about 20 years, been among the cities with the worst poverty rates in the country. Combine this with Miami's long history of average median income also being among the lowest of any city in the United States. Then add on to that, some of the country's highest residential costs and the bad economy........and it shows you that the Dolphins have to compete with the Marlins, and now the champion Miami Heat, with a limited amount of people who are sports fans with disposable income.

I wouldn't be so quick to bash the fans for not caring. Blame the economy.

Palease, I lived in Miami for a long time, that is not the reason. Even before the recession this was an issue. Fans who live near the poverty line were never going to a Dolphins game, before or in the future, and "poverty" is not an issue in most of the cities/neighborhoods in south Florida. Sure You have your liberty city's, opa lockas and overtowns, but you have plenty of your Gables, cutler bays, kendalls, hammocks, miramars, Weston's, pembroke pines, hollywoods and on and on. Tons of middle, upper middle and above.

I hate when you guys use these excuses. Say you're not going to the game because "you don't want to". I'll respect that, because in the end you are not required to, but these excuses...

Nice stat for you guys:

Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Oakland, Tampa Bay are all teams that have been as successful as we've been, and are in worse economic shape than you claim South Florida to be in, yet they still trump us on attendance.

I feel so helpless here in NY!! Don't worry Phins, I'll make it down to support you guys...

Now all we need is someone to bring up the Los Angelas bull **** and this thread has been as predictable as always.

Potential the fans suck and we're moving to LA thread number 29430912309123. :rolleyes2:

You cannot blame the people in South Florida. The economy stinks and when you have to pony up $50 to $100 for just a nosebleed seat out in the 90 degree heat, many people are preferring to stay at home or watch the game at a sport's bar. I wish I lived close enough to take in a game in person. You also have to look at all of the other options people have in Florida, like going to the beach on Sunday....it is not like living in Green Bay where there is nothing else to do but watch a game. I think the Packers have a waiting list for season tickets that makes you wait 35 years to get tickets. Screw that.

Back
Top Bottom