Blackout looming for Jets/Dolphins? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blackout looming for Jets/Dolphins?

Instead of asking for handouts, why don't you sell one of your closet full of throwback jerseys you are always bragging about and go buy a ticket for Sunday's game.

Because it's his money and he gets to decide where he spends his money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, do you know when they mention "Miami", they're referring to the city of Miami? This consists of neighborhoods such as little Havana and Coconut Grove. They are not referring to all of Dade county, surely you know this? South Florida cities are among some of the richest in the world, much less the country. Maybe you should look up some facts, and get ur a$$ to that game. Go Phins!

Lol@get your ass to the game. It's always funny when someone is so serious about telling me how to spend my money.

The Miami Heat are taking the casual fans wallet.

Remember, most of miami lives somewhere near the poverty line. Miami has, for about 20 years, been among the cities with the worst poverty rates in the country. Combine this with Miami's long history of average median income also being among the lowest of any city in the United States. Then add on to that, some of the country's highest residential costs and the bad economy........and it shows you that the Dolphins have to compete with the Marlins, and now the champion Miami Heat, with a limited amount of people who are sports fans with disposable income.

I wouldn't be so quick to bash the fans for not caring. Blame the economy.

imo i just dont think its the economy as much as it is the team, who wants to go and spend money to watch a rebuilding team ,that had a chance to get better this season with the addition of a couple of players on offence that we didnt go get , so imo why go when they can watch there team on TV instead of sitting in the heat to watch mediocure . now if we would have gotten some players with some electricity at the WR poss id say we wouldnt be talkin about a blackout instead of where all the fans were going to sit with a packed house , until we start winning i dont see it getting much better as far as the fans coming out and sitting in the hot sun exc exc, until ross gives them something to come out and sit in it for a reason . START WINNING AND THEY WILL COME.

If its blacked out, so be it.

Cant expect Ross or sponsors to keep doling out money to televise the game which in turn gives people no reason to go. There have been many comments about costs, stadium experience, better watching it on tv etc.

maybe having series of blackouts will be best in the long run, in improving the product on the field, and give fans a choice.

Stay home and don't watch the game, or buy a ticket and see the game.

Cant expect Ross or sponsors to keep doling out money to televise the game which in turn gives people no reason to go. There have been many comments about costs, stadium experience, better watching it on tv etc.

maybe having series of blackouts will be best in the long run, in improving the product on the field, and give fans a choice.

I have never met one person that has told me they wont go to the game because its being shown on TV. I mean seriously man and his son spend like 120 on tickets, 30 on parking and 30 on concessions , the game being on tv has nothing to do with it. The product has an impact. and the rising cost also has an affect. I personally for the most part dont see the value in going to a football game very often. The enjoybility to price ratio is not a good one. I will be going to the Arizona game just cause I have always wanted to go to one game and it will be an expensive experience. 430 mile drive, price of ticket, price of parking and food as well as time.

BRO UNTIL WE START WINNING the seats will be empty , i guess Ross is hopeing that we will improve while all the fans watch on TV and that if they see us winning they will come out to the stadium and support there team, but unfortunately WE WONT WIN UNTIL WE GET OUR QB SOME HELP AT WR and until we start winning ross will have to keep buying all the unseated seats just to keep the fans from leaving the team for good.

Thats an awful attitude to be honest. Fans should support their team win or lose.

I have never met one person that has told me they wont go to the game because its being shown on TV. I mean seriously man and his son spend like 120 on tickets, 30 on parking and 30 on concessions , the game being on tv has nothing to do with it. The product has an impact. and the rising cost also has an affect. I personally for the most part dont see the value in going to a football game very often. The enjoybility to price ratio is not a good one. I will be going to the Arizona game just cause I have always wanted to go to one game and it will be an expensive experience. 430 mile drive, price of ticket, price of parking and food as well as time.

yeah but it wouldnt hurt the pocket as bad as it would if we were winning .well atleast mentally .

Lol@get your ass to the game. It's always funny when someone is so serious about telling me how to spend my money.

I tell you what...if HE sends me the cash for me, the wife, and 2 kids (4 tickets), I will gladly go and promise to lose my voice (or at least try) screaming for the Phins. So if someone's willing to shell out the dough then let me know via PM and you can Paypal it to me. Put YOUR money where your mouth is since YOU cant be there because you live in some other state or whatnot then make sure that someone who's a fan CAN be there. Of course you can choose not to do anything with YOUR MONEY.

I tell you what...if HE sends me the cash for me, the wife, and 2 kids (4 tickets), I will gladly go and promise to lose my voice (or at least try) screaming for the Phins. So if someone's willing to shell out the dough then let me know via PM and you can Paypal it to me. Put YOUR money where your mouth is since YOU cant be there because you live in some other state or whatnot then make sure that someone who's a fan CAN be there. Of course you can choose not to do anything with YOUR MONEY.

the only cure for this is , to START WINNING .

I haven't really said anything negative about the local fans in this thread. Though if I did offer an opinion, I have every right to do so. Free country.

You have in previous threads. Its a free country and you can say what you like, but it doesnt mean your opinion isnt off base.

I think its hilarious that you ask, mockingly, if attendance will rise once the Dolphins start winning (implying most in S. FL are bandwagon fans) when youve never even lived in Florida. Of course attendance will increase. First off, not every fan is a die-hard and every city has a good percentage of fans at every game that are more or less fairweather. Its not just Miami. Then you have actual die-hards who simply are not in a financial situation to justify spending as much to see a team thats been perpetually disappointing when they can watch at home for free. I know a lot of people like that and Id fall into tha category myself since Im probably only going to one game this year. I even got friends back home who some years make a trip over stateside just to see a game and havent lately because the team has sucked and theyve been disappointed when they went.

Turn this team around and those guys that are spending cash thats hard to come by on games will leave happy instead of bummed out and find it much easier to justify pulling the trigger on another game. Its just a fact of life. Im in S. Florida for half the year. I know these people. I watch it happen. If we become a consistent winner, people will come. I know a lot of out of towners tend to ignore it, but most of the teams that have been in the bottom third of the league lately have attendance issues. The Raiders blacked out last year. The Lions did for a while. Cards did. Rams did. Jags did. Bucs did. Chargers did and theyve been decent. Im sure Im missing a few. Save me the whole "Miami fans suck because the seats arent packed every game" nonsense.

Also, as Awsi has stated a few times before, it wouldnt hurt to actually have a better in game football atmosphere there. The stadium sucks for football.

You're more likely to throw away a fortune at a "sports bar" than you are by going to a Dolphins game.

Not even remotely true. Lets do some quick math here. Follow along.

Dolphins game:
$50 for cheap seats
$20 for concessions if I dont drink
$40 if I do drink
$20 for parking

So that $110 with me sitting nosebleeds and having a few (and a few being the key word. $8 beer is no joke) and thats not including any potential tailgating. double or triple that 100 of you have a family.

Alehouse/Duffy's:
$15 for food
$20-50 bar tab

So thats $65 assuming I drink a pretty sizable amount over the course of 3.5 hours. If you bring kids, theyll eat cheap chicken nuggets and have 0 bar tab. Bring a girl and theyll sip a couple girly drink and run you $15 back.

But yeah, the cost is nearly the same lol.

Palease, I lived in Miami for a long time, that is not the reason. Even before the recession this was an issue. Fans who live near the poverty line were never going to a Dolphins game, before or in the future, and "poverty" is not an issue in most of the cities/neighborhoods in south Florida. Sure You have your liberty city's, opa lockas and overtowns, but you have plenty of your Gables, cutler bays, kendalls, hammocks, miramars, Weston's, pembroke pines, hollywoods and on and on. Tons of middle, upper middle and above.

I hate when you guys use these excuses. Say you're not going to the game because "you don't want to". I'll respect that, because in the end you are not required to, but these excuses...

Nice stat for you guys:

Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Oakland, Tampa Bay are all teams that have been as successful as we've been, and are in worse economic shape than you claim South Florida to be in, yet they still trump us on attendance.

I feel so helpless here in NY!! Don't worry Phins, I'll make it down to support you guys...

I assume you moved to NYC for monetary reasons so this post seems a little hypocritical, yes?

well if i'm ross I let the game blackout. it'll either give people incentive to actually start going to the game, or they'll complain about ross. which most of them already do.

Back
Top Bottom