Blackout looming for Jets/Dolphins? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blackout looming for Jets/Dolphins?

It turns to this because this is the reason. Some of you just want to pretend that everyone in south Florida is living hand to mouth and no one can afford a Dolphins ticket, because it makes locals appear to be bad fans to the rest of us. As I said, I lived there, and go back fairly often as I still have tons of friends and some family that live there. I know this city very very well, well enough to know that isn't the reason MOST fans don't go.

Its not that everyone is living hand to mouth, although many are. Its that a lot of the ones that arent are having a harder and harder time allocating their limited disposable income towards fins tickets when they end up leaving disappointed constantly and can watch the game for free at home. Win and that changes.

Can't blame the fans, who wants to pay $300 to watch a WR core of Hartline Bess and Nanaee and a general score of Miami losing.

You want fans? Put a product on the field. its very very VERY simple. Ross shouldn't be surprised, if he is than he hasn't learned **** hte last few years being a football team owner.

1 example, NYG havent' drafted a linemen in round 1-3 since 05', MIami hasn't drafted a WR in round 1-3 probably since 2001 lmao.

Look at this, $30 for sunday ticket a MONTH so thats like $8 a week, food at home and a 12 pack of beer for $14. I can get buy with a $8 pizza and thats still only $30 compared to $280 going to a pari of ticekts for decent seats, $20 parking, $50 for food and a beer. Maybe if we were entertaining but we aren't even that.

Not even remotely true. Lets do some quick math here. Follow along.

Dolphins game:
$50 for cheap seats
$20 for concessions if I dont drink
$40 if I do drink
$20 for parking

So that $110 with me sitting nosebleeds and having a few (and a few being the key word. $8 beer is no joke) and thats not including any potential tailgating. double or triple that 100 of you have a family.

Alehouse/Duffy's:
$15 for food
$20-50 bar tab

So thats $65 assuming I drink a pretty sizable amount over the course of 3.5 hours. If you bring kids, theyll eat cheap chicken nuggets and have 0 bar tab. Bring a girl and theyll sip a couple girly drink and run you $15 back.

But yeah, the cost is nearly the same lol.

electrolyte and tylerdolphin (and a few more) making awesome posts in this thread. Others... not so much. No post that can be summarized as one version or another of "you're not being a good enough fan" has ever been anything but stupid and classless.

you have in previous threads. Its a free country and you can say what you like, but it doesnt mean your opinion isnt off base.

I think its hilarious that you ask, mockingly, if attendance will rise once the dolphins start winning (implying most in s. Fl are bandwagon fans) when youve never even lived in florida. Of course attendance will increase. First off, not every fan is a die-hard and every city has a good percentage of fans at every game that are more or less fairweather. Its not just miami. Then you have actual die-hards who simply are not in a financial situation to justify spending as much to see a team thats been perpetually disappointing when they can watch at home for free. I know a lot of people like that and id fall into tha category myself since im probably only going to one game this year. I even got friends back home who some years make a trip over stateside just to see a game and havent lately because the team has sucked and theyve been disappointed when they went.

Turn this team around and those guys that are spending cash thats hard to come by on games will leave happy instead of bummed out and find it much easier to justify pulling the trigger on another game. Its just a fact of life. Im in s. Florida for half the year. I know these people. I watch it happen. If we become a consistent winner, people will come. I know a lot of out of towners tend to ignore it, but most of the teams that have been in the bottom third of the league lately have attendance issues. The raiders blacked out last year. The lions did for a while. Cards did. Rams did. Jags did. Bucs did. Chargers did and theyve been decent. Im sure im missing a few. Save me the whole "miami fans suck because the seats arent packed every game" nonsense.

Also, as awsi has stated a few times before, it wouldnt hurt to actually have a better in game football atmosphere there. The stadium sucks for football.

amen brother.

well if i'm ross I let the game blackout. it'll either give people incentive to actually start going to the game, or they'll complain about ross. which most of them already do.

COME ON BILL ,dont push the fans futher away ,nobody wants to go to a game sit in the Hot sun for 2+hours and watch there team get beat down , get up after the game and push your way to your car and drive all the way home. BUT everybody would be going if we went and seen our fav team kickin butt ,BUT UNTIL THAT DAY COMES YOU CAN FORGET ABOUT THE SEATS GETTING FILLED UP AT SUNLIFE. and you want to know whats the sad part ? we could have done something about it and didnt .

Its not that everyone is living hand to mouth, although many are. Its that a lot of the ones that arent are having a harder and harder time allocating their limited disposable income towards fins tickets when they end up leaving disappointed constantly and can watch the game for free at home. Win and that changes.

you took the words right out of my mouth . but as i have said , the sad part is we could have done something about it and ireland didnt, and plax and the WRs that could have helped us win are still on another team or sitting at home doin nothing.

The base is still here. Anytime I wear a Fins shirt of hat, Ill almost always have someone make a comment on it or start chatting me up about the Fins.

The other week I was in Chipotle getting a burrito. It wasnt really busy since it was like 3PM and the worker making my food just starts asking me what I think about Tannehill when he sees my hat. We talked about the Fins for a minute or two, but I could tell he knew his **** and was pretty passionate. Hell, maybe he posts here lol. Point Im getting to is that this is a young guy working in Chipotle. He probably has a few extra dollars to spend, but not a lot. The problem is that as things stand now, we arent going to get that guy at the stadium very often. We arent gonna get the teachers that are supporting a family and dont have a ton is play money. Things are gonna have to turn around with this team before that happens.

If the phins have another losing city safe to say this is heats town and if they achieve a 2peat its not even close. At least that how the rest of other ppl not from miami will view it. Heck if you mention miami sports you'll probably get miami heat or lebron as an answer. In the end I'm find with it both sports are amazing.

i got no problem following the game all day on nfl gamecenter every week, matter of fact i enjoy it just as much as watchin it on tv. so a blackouts hurts me none. however, u know who it does hurt? the dolphins, more ppl will lose interest so that 1 game ppl were plannin on going to in a few months u can cancel that order so keep on wishin for blackouts, see how worse it can really get.

Not even remotely true. Lets do some quick math here. Follow along.

Dolphins game:
$50 for cheap seats
$20 for concessions if I dont drink
$40 if I do drink
$20 for parking

So that $110 with me sitting nosebleeds and having a few (and a few being the key word. $8 beer is no joke) and thats not including any potential tailgating. double or triple that 100 of you have a family.

Alehouse/Duffy's:
$15 for food
$20-50 bar tab

So thats $65 assuming I drink a pretty sizable amount over the course of 3.5 hours. If you bring kids, theyll eat cheap chicken nuggets and have 0 bar tab. Bring a girl and theyll sip a couple girly drink and run you $15 back.

But yeah, the cost is nearly the same lol.

Throw in at least a four hour drive each way and whatever it costs to use the Turnpike just to watch us lose and you have my situation.

The upper deck on the north side of the stadium is a solar frying pan for one o'clock games. I don't go unless I can get seats on the home side There, you get shade leter in the day. Like it or not, that's a factor with a lot of people.

It's not just football. It's all sports. They're just damn expensive. Owners are sucking every dime out of us, but so are player salaries. They have to be paid somehow.

Fans maybe will be lucky to make 1% of what players make. We don't even whiff that of what owners make.

The upper deck on the north side of the stadium is a solar frying pan for one o'clock games. I don't go unless I can get seats on the home side There, you get shade leter in the day. Like it or not, that's a factor with a lot of people.

This is correct. A few years ago i was at a dolphin opener, it was so damn hot they had buckets with ice and water with towels inside of them under the seats in the nosebleeds seats on top. I had to keep that towel on top of my head threw out the game or i would have feinted from heat exhaustion.

Back
Top Bottom