Blackout looming for Jets/Dolphins? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blackout looming for Jets/Dolphins?

Sick of the economy excuse...... GET YOUR MONEY UP. People act like it costs a fortune to go to the game. Yea, if you live in WV or Penn it does. You have to buy an airline ticket, pay for a hotel, rental car etc etc and use a couple of days just to go. If you live in S Florida, tickets arent that expensive. Parking...meh. Carpool bitches. Beer? Drink water. Eat before you go to the game. Tailgate. $100 tops gets you there. I spend more than that taking my kids to see Madagascar 46. Get real.

Took the words right from me. It's anyone's choice to drink beer and eat $10 nachos at any professional stadium. The thing is, you're not being forced to. You also aren't being forced to tailgate. I spent a maximum of 4-4.5 hours at the stadium last weekend. I had plenty of time to do stuff before and after. It can be done if you sacrifice your beer cravings.

I'm kind of depressed here because fans are tearing into other fans over attendance.

Guys, what was Tony Sparano's record as head coach at Sun Life Stadium? 9-15 over the last three years? 9-15 and the football was just boring. Boring football. 3 yards and a cloud of dust. We're talking about 13-10 losses to the Cleveland ****ing Browns. People paid to watch that game. I paid to watch that game.

And how about the 'Fins Up' nonsense? The Jay-Z and Jimmy Buffett songs?

IMO, the attendance issue is simple. The team drove the fans away. For me, it wasn't just the crappy product on the field, it was Steve Ross and the business side of the team ruining the stadium experience. Well, that and skin cancer. But paying money to go to a Dolphins game in 2010 (the last time I went to a game), it was like paying somebody to punch me in the gut. Just a horrible experience. Bad football, nothing to cheer for, nothing to get excited about, and they made the stadium experience downright awful.

Oh, and Jimmy Buffett isn't even a Dolphins fan. **** that guy.

They only play the Buffett song for like 10-15 seconds now after a TD and then the fight song comes on after the XP. What Jay-Z song is there? No more 'Fins Up' stuff either.

Oh Ross won't let the game be blackout.

If people aren't watching the games on tv, then they will stop caring about the team at all.

Plus he doesn't want to piss off the local advertisers...

They only play the Buffett song for like 10-15 seconds now after a TD and then the fight song comes on after the XP. What Jay-Z song is there? No more 'Fins Up' stuff either.

Well, I can't speak for how it is now, because I didn't attend last Sunday's game. But if you want to know why people canceled their season tickets and stopped attending games, IMO it's for the reasons I specified.

Personally, I don't think local economics or heat front running have nearly as much of an impact as the team's abysmal home record, dull performances, and the business side's decision to market to reality TV watchers.

Oh Ross won't let the game be blackout.

If people aren't watching the games on tv, then they will stop caring about the team at all.

Plus he doesn't want to piss off the local advertisers...
the momment he stops paying for the games to be broadcast, is the momment he's flipping off the fans who can't be bothered to attend a game. It's the momment he's decided the miami market can't support the team or refuses to, and it'll be the momment he'll look to a different market.

Personally, it's the jets, if you got the money why wouldn't you go? ****ing support the team win or lose *******s.

god I thought the fin's up **** was lame.

For those of us who have been to that stadium recently... its a fn dump!! That place looks worse than most of the NFL stadiums, paint job looks horrible.... The seating is all wrong and lacks the bowl feel, hot as fk on a Sunday afternoon. Cant blame anyone who doesnt want to go as for the last few years you come out of that place crying after each loss. It's pretty simple, Crappy product + crappy stadium = diminished interest from fans...... I have had season tickets all my life and will never criticize anyone for not going again. The fans have been ignored for a very long time, too little too late. The owner is a moron when it comes to football and expected people to attend regardless, i for one am happy to see the stadium empty, maybe now we can get a new owner or someone at the top who actually cares about the team. How many more steaks does Shula need to sell to buy this team?

For those of us who have been to that stadium recently... its a fn dump!! That place looks worse than most of the NFL stadiums, paint job looks horrible.... The seating is all wrong and lacks the bowl feel, hot as fk on a Sunday afternoon. Cant blame anyone who doesnt want to go as for the last few years you come out of that place crying after each loss. It's pretty simple, Crappy product + crappy stadium = diminished interest from fans...... I have had season tickets all my life and will never criticize anyone for not going again. The fans have been ignored for a very long time, too little too late. The owner is a moron when it comes to football and expected people to attend regardless, i for one am happy to see the stadium empty, maybe now we can get a new owner or someone at the top who actually cares about the team. How many more steaks does Shula need to sell to buy this team?
so you're saying you don't give a **** if ross buys the tickets or not? obviously he cares more than you give him credit for. As far as not knowing what he's doing... IDK, he does learn from his mistake, no more phins up, no more orange carpet, and stadium renovations are on the way. but how much money do you expect him to pour into the miami market, and team before he decides the market isn't worth it? if the team relocates I know which group of "fans" i'm going to blame.

I'm kind of depressed here because fans are tearing into other fans over attendance.

Guys, what was Tony Sparano's record as head coach at Sun Life Stadium? 9-15 over the last three years? 9-15 and the football was just boring. Boring football. 3 yards and a cloud of dust. We're talking about 13-10 losses to the Cleveland ****ing Browns. People paid to watch that game. I paid to watch that game.

And how about the 'Fins Up' nonsense? The Jay-Z and Jimmy Buffett songs?

IMO, the attendance issue is simple. The team drove the fans away. For me, it wasn't just the crappy product on the field, it was Steve Ross and the business side of the team ruining the stadium experience. Well, that and skin cancer. But paying money to go to a Dolphins game in 2010 (the last time I went to a game), it was like paying somebody to punch me in the gut. Just a horrible experience. Bad football, nothing to cheer for, nothing to get excited about, and they made the stadium experience downright awful.

Oh, and Jimmy Buffett isn't even a Dolphins fan. **** that guy.

peanuts_veile1274891657170-1.jpg

Attachments

• peanuts_veil-e1274891657170.jpg
    peanuts_veil-e1274891657170.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 3
I am fine, and yes you did call me out in this thread.

Granted nothing much, but you did mention me without being prompted to. Are YOU ok? Mostly I was referring to some other individuals, like the one that went on a lengthy rant about me in past threads in regards to a topic similar to this one, even though I never said anything about the local fan base in this thread. I do find it funny that the locals get so bent out of shape when anybody says anything negative about them, no matter how small the comment is. It is OK to blast the team and the fans that try and support them, but God forbid someone criticize the local fan base and suddenly they are way off base and out of touch. :lol: They can dish the heat, just can't take it. No biggie though, I have not bashed or attacked the local fans in THIS thread or plan on doing so.

Can't wait to watch the game on Sunday. Hopefully you locals get to see it also.

I never denied mentioning you in this thread. Why do people call you out? Because you constantly bash the locals (not in this thread, I know) and I personally find it funny. It comes off as you being the type of person that would take 50 bullets in the ass for Stephen Ross and Jeff Ireland if you needed to. They can do no wrong in your eyes, and people should be wasting their money on this crappy product. Shame on them for not doing so.

Well, I can't speak for how it is now, because I didn't attend last Sunday's game. But if you want to know why people canceled their season tickets and stopped attending games, IMO it's for the reasons I specified.

Personally, I don't think local economics or heat front running have nearly as much of an impact as the team's abysmal home record, dull performances, and the business side's decision to market to reality TV watchers.

If people can't afford single game tickets, they sure as **** won't be able to pony up for season tickets. I was only referring to single game tickets anyway.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

The stadium wasn't empty last Sunday

I see a very serious disconnect with reality here. :chuckle:

They are much better off with you staying at home.

Blaming the owner or the team for the heat would be funny if it wasn't so sad & pathetic.

Well, since Peanuts metaphors seem to be your preferred method of discourse let me make it easier for you with a little political cartoon style illustration:

FjUZS-1.jpg

When you decide to take a dump on Charlie Brown for his decision to stop trying to kick the ball, it says a lot more about you than it does about Charlie.

Back
Top Bottom