Bleacher Report 7-Round Dolphin's Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bleacher Report 7-Round Dolphin's Mock Draft

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
Bleacher report is often hit-or-miss with some of their columns and reports, but I think they do a pretty job in this seven round mock. Looks like this addresses most areas of need.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1015600-2012-nfl-mock-draft-7-round-ideal-scenarios-for-the-miami-dolphins/page/2

R
ound One - Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
Round Two - Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson
Round Three - Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford
Round Four - Donnie Fletcher, CB, Boston College
Round Five - Russell Wilson, QB, Wisconsin
Round Six - T.J. Barnes, NT, Georgia Tech
Round Seven - Derek Moye, WR, Penn State

:bobdole: @ Those first two.

Another lineman...and Dwayne Allen has already said he has more money at Clemson and more resources than he's ever had in his whole life.

:lol:

:bobdole: @ Those first two.

Another lineman...and Dwayne Allen has already said he has more money at Clemson and more resources than he's ever had in his whole life.

:lol:

Lots of guys take pay cuts going from college to the pro's....that's old news!!!! :lol2: I know many people hate the idea of taking another o-lineman in Round One, but if Luck, RG3, Claiborne, and Blackmon are gone, what you gonna do??? Barkley worked us over big time by staying in school, and RG3 might do the same. I think in this case I would trade DOWN and get more picks.

Lots of guys take pay cuts going from college to the pro's....that's old news!!!! :lol2: I know many people hate the idea of taking another o-lineman in Round One, but if Luck, RG3, Claiborne, and Blackmon are gone, what you gonna do??? Barkley worked us over big time by staying in school, and RG3 might do the same. I think in this case I would trade DOWN and get more picks.

I see no other choice but to deal up. Tired of dealing back in the draft and getting very little as a result. This draft is full of "sure-things" at the top of the draft IMO.

Chase Thomas stated a few days aga that he'll remain at Stanford for his senior year.

Round One - Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama
Round Three - Andrew Datko, OT, Florida St (once medically cleared)
Round Four - Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
Round Five - Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego St

If we take a Stanford o-linemen in the first round that is NOT named DeCastro then I might poke a hole in my brainpan with a bullet. DeCastro is the ONLY o-line player that I would be ok with taking in the first round, and that's really only if we happen to trade back into the 11-12-13 range.

No thanks on Russell Wilson, has 'career backup' all over him and thats the last thing we need because that means he'll probably be starting in 2 years for us.

No thanks on Russell Wilson, has 'career backup' all over him and thats the last thing we need because that means he'll probably be starting in 2 years for us.

Wilson seems a little on the short side, and I think he might be more interested in playing baseball, but he throws some pretty accurate passes. I just think if we don't get Matt Flynn, then I would stick with Moore. We have spent too much time going after more below average QB's thinking they are somehow going to turn into a franchise QB.

if we draft an OT in the first whoever is running our draft should be fired on the spot trade down, and get a QB a little later if we want an OL we need an interior guy like gordy glen OG from GA

Trade down only if the price is to ridiculous for RGIII (Like 2 #1, 2 #2, 2 #3), stay at 8/9 if Blackmon or Richardson (new coach may want him) is there. In the trade down target 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rd picks and go with:

1st OLB - BC buddy
2nd QB (Wedden) or TE Allen
2nd TE Allen or WR Streeter (i had to)
3rd WR/OG/OT - any remaining Bama lineman (they ate up LSU, lol)
4th FS
5th QB
6th OL
7th OL

I just saying ...

Bleacher report is often hit-or-miss with some of their columns and reports, but I think they do a pretty job in this seven round mock. Looks like this addresses most areas of need.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1015600-2012-nfl-mock-draft-7-round-ideal-scenarios-for-the-miami-dolphins/page/2

R
ound One - Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
Round Three - Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford
Round Four - Donnie Fletcher, CB, Boston College
Round Five - Russell Wilson, QB, Wisconsin
Round Six - T.J. Barnes, NT, Georgia Tech
Round Seven - Derek Moye, WR, Penn State

I do like R Wilson but reminds me (a bit) of Michael Robinson from Penn St who got drafted by the Niners.

If you are going to go w/a QB that late Relf from Miss St should be on the board.

Back
Top Bottom