Bleacher Report Has Miami Taking.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bleacher Report Has Miami Taking....

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Dawaune Smoot in their most recent mock. Wouldn't doubt if he moves into the first round and Miami needs a defensive end who can rush the passer. With the way their mock shaped up, Zach Cunningham would be close to the Dolphins pick.

I think it's either DE or LB at this point, but Cam Robinson could be intriguing. He goes to Seattle in this mock near the bottom of the first round.

Question, if Miami goes defensive end in the first who do you all think will be the best linebackers available in round 2?

IMHO DE is far and away the biggest need right now. With LB second and both are significant needs. Amazing and surprising how CB is no longer a dire need. As for 2nd round LB, how's the Ryan Anderson kid out of Bama? I assume at his size he's probably better as a SLB, but we could use help anywhere in the LB corp.

Not a fan of Smoot in the 1st. He's not a very good pass rusher, and I'd be surprised to see him wreck the Combine. Looks more like an Andre Branch kind of prospect to me.

IMHO DE is far and away the biggest need right now. With LB second and both are significant needs. Amazing and surprising how CB is no longer a dire need. As for 2nd round LB, how's the Ryan Anderson kid out of Bama? I assume at his size he's probably better as a SLB, but we could use help anywhere in the LB corp.

If Miami ends up picking in the 20's, I think the value is going to be in linebackers and defensive backs. Cunningham, Harris, Davis, Anderson and a few others figure to be in that range at linebacker. Harris and Anderson give you pass rush ability. I love Davis as that physical guy in the middle. Scouts are raving about Cunningham (haven't seen him).

Some real talent could drop at corner and that could be tempting for the Dolphins even with the development of Lippett.

Not a fan of Smoot in the 1st. He's not a very good pass rusher, and I'd be surprised to see him wreck the Combine. Looks more like an Andre Branch kind of prospect to me.

Seems like a reach to me, but it is early in the process. I do believe the front office will value a pass rushing defensive lineman over a linebacker.

That said, the team certainly could add a linebacker (Harris, Anderson) that can rush the passer.

If Miami ends up picking in the 20's, I think the value is going to be in linebackers and defensive backs. Cunningham, Harris, Davis, Anderson and a few others figure to be in that range at linebacker. Harris and Anderson give you pass rush ability. I love Davis as that physical guy in the middle. Scouts are raving about Cunningham (haven't seen him).

Some real talent could drop at corner and that could be tempting for the Dolphins even with the development of Lippett.

& it may be the ideal place to get a TE as long as its Butt or Howard

This draft has the potential to be right up there quality wise with the best, in terms of the top 2 rounds.

In the 20s, there are some prospecs at LB, S, CB and DE that would have me salivating and that's just on the defensive side of the ball.

Just not in draft mode yet....but seam/red zone tight end, pass rushing end & Linebacker top the needs.

& it may be the ideal place to get a TE as long as its Butt or Howard

It's possible. I think the team looks tight end as early as round 2, but Gase might very well want Howard or Butts. Either one would be a nice addition to an offense that is taking shape pretty nicely....some nice building blocks with Tannehill, Tunsil, Ajayi, Landry, Parker.

This draft has the potential to be right up there quality wise with the best, in terms of the top 2 rounds.

In the 20s, there are some prospecs at LB, S, CB and DE that would have me salivating and that's just on the defensive side of the ball.

And hopefully that is all that is being considered in the first few rounds.

In the 20's, DE and LB are you most likely choices, I doubt we go corner round 1 after getting Howard and picking up Maxwell as well as the development of Lippitt. Safety is interesting, although there is only 1 I see as a round 1 talent...Baker from Washington would be interesting in round 2 if he lasts that long.

In the 20's, DE and LB are you most likely choices, I doubt we go corner round 1 after getting Howard and picking up Maxwell as well as the development of Lippitt. Safety is interesting, although there is only 1 I see as a round 1 talent...Baker from Washington would be interesting in round 2 if he lasts that long.

What about Hooker at safety?

Back
Top Bottom