Bleacher Report Has Miami Taking.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bleacher Report Has Miami Taking....

In the 20's, DE and LB are you most likely choices, I doubt we go corner round 1 after getting Howard and picking up Maxwell as well as the development of Lippitt. Safety is interesting, although there is only 1 I see as a round 1 talent...Baker from Washington would be interesting in round 2 if he lasts that long.

Are you talking about Budda Baker? You don't think he too small to play safety in Vance Joseph's scheme?

Budda Baker us short but he's solid. I wouldn't worry about physicality, guy hits like a truck. With his experience at nickel corner I think he could be ideal for Miami. Would replace Thomas instantly and challenge McCain for starting slot corner.

In most years he's a 1st round talent. With Peppers, Adams Blanding... there's a lot of good safety talent this year.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Hoping he changes his mind. Unreal FS takent.

Scary ability that kid.

My favorite option for the 1st round probably changes day to day but right now I think it's Charles Harris.

Miami needs to ensure that it can rush the passer regardless of what happens with Cameron Wake as he gets older. And I think Charles Harris makes a better RDE than Andre Branch anyway.

My favorite option for the 1st round probably changes day to day but right now I think it's Charles Harris.

Miami needs to ensure that it can rush the passer regardless of what happens with Cameron Wake as he gets older. And I think Charles Harris makes a better RDE than Andre Branch anyway.

Harris makes a ton of sense. Got to be high on Miami's list.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Budda Baker us short but he's solid. I wouldn't worry about physicality, guy hits like a truck. With his experience at nickel corner I think he could be ideal for Miami. Would replace Thomas instantly and challenge McCain for starting slot corner.

In most years he's a 1st round talent. With Peppers, Adams Blanding... there's a lot of good safety talent this year.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Scary ability that kid.

Blanding seems so under the radar right now. Where is he projected to go...round 2?

Never heard of the guy but 5 sacks as a senior de is pathetic. I'd easily take Demarcus walker over whoever this smoot guy is.

Definitely agree with what you're prioritizing. Not sold on Harris in the 1st, but I'm less set on Harris than the other potential 1st RD DE's.

[tweet]804888498637537280[/tweet]

Never heard of the guy but 5 sacks as a senior de is pathetic. I'd easily take Demarcus walker over whoever this smoot guy is.

Walker is my guy....Very disruptive, can play inside on passing down...dude is a going to be a very good pro.

There really isn't too many things of more importance than pass rushing in this pass happy league...I agree.

I do hope we find a dangerous tight end somewhere though.

There really isn't too many things of more importance than pass rushing in this pass happy league...I agree.

I do hope we find a dangerous tight end somewhere though.

Mark Andrews or Bucky Hodges would be nice complements to Sims I think.

Damn. I sure hope Grier isn't overlooking the corners as much as people here are.

As of right now, we know almost nothing about X other than he had a few good moments in the 15 minutes of time he played. Looked at the you tube highlights a few weeks back and nothing said, on yeah, the next revis. Not a definite shut down, lock down corner (yet). Our cb's have survived by scheming and front end getting opportunistic pressure. Byron Maxwell, Lippett and Bobby McCain are fodder. Even if Howard pans out special, we don't know that come draft day and it's big time, talented corner comes available to us in draft or f/a, we grab them up fast. Our corners are slow and lose most of their battles from what I have seen in the net highlights. Having Howard pan out and a lick down on the other side wouldn't suck. It would be ideal.

Lb and Corner, whichever is the best of those two positions when we pick. After those positions, DE. You always want the best player you can get at the pic so if a corner we like or lb are CT there but if a better talented de is also there, you take that. But my draft day hope is there is actually a talented cb sitting there for us. Lb is PLENTIFUL in this draft.

Quincy Wilson as a boundary guy looks perfect for Miami. King, Baker as nickel guys I would love. Love Sidney Jones game but he is rail thin.

Not sure what some see in Walker? He's not an every down DE and would get eaten alive in the middle imo besides obvious passing downs. Not exactly an NFL body.

Im not the biggest Smoot fan and he'll probably get overrated by the twitter crown after he test well.

Smoot>Walker imo

Back
Top Bottom