Bleacher Report: Kevin Kolb could be Phins QB in 2011 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bleacher Report: Kevin Kolb could be Phins QB in 2011

If Ross is stupid enough to let this regime stay, then I can definitely see these morons trade a high draft pick for Kolb to try to get one relevant season in and earn themselves a ****ing extension. I hope we fire them before we see that happen.

Bleacher Report: DNA Test Confirms Andrew Luck Actually From Zeptar Nebula

Bleacher Report: Tim Tebow's Virginity To Be Auctioned Off to Raise Money For Passing Mechanics Clinic

If we are going to go after a current NFL QB I would rather go after a young QB like Kolb, rather than an older QB who is falling apart like we did with Daunte Culpepper who was busted up. Of course we probably could have brought in Drew Brees but I think Brees was either given the brush off, or he didn't like the coaches/FO at the time?

I would like to go after Cam Newton, but he may be gone before we pick. If Cowher or someone else comes in, they likely are not going to go with Henne and are going to want to hand pick someone else. I could see Henne sticking around as a backup if we traded for Kolb. I just think the Eagles may want more than just a first rounder for Kolb.

If we are going to go after a current NFL QB I would rather go after a young QB like Kolb, rather than an older QB who is falling apart like we did with Daunte Culpepper who was busted up. Of course we probably could have brought in Drew Brees but I think Brees was either given the brush off, or he didn't like the coaches/FO at the time?

I would like to go after Cam Newton, but he may be gone before we pick. If Cowher or someone else comes in, they likely are not going to go with Henne and are going to want to hand pick someone else. I could see Henne sticking around as a backup if we traded for Kolb. I just think the Eagles may want more than just a first rounder for Kolb.

You really cannot justify spending a first round pick on Cam Newton can you?

:lol:

wouldn't mind kolb he did show he could play in this league, but we need a well known oc like childress, who runs the same type of offense the eagles run, or even gruden as hc.

You really cannot justify spending a first round pick on Cam Newton can you?

:lol:

What choice do we have????

No way Luck drops to us. I also don't see Mallet being there when we pick. Locker is not very good. Some people talk about Stanzi or Pat Devlin in Round Three....neither of them excite me. Cam Newton is a Heisman Trophy winner and if we risked a first day pick on Pat White, don't you think Cam Newton has a lot more potential than Pat White. He is 6'6" and very strong, good speed, accurate arm. I think it is either Cam Newton or Kolb. I don't want Carson Palmer or McNabb. I could maybe live with Orton of the Broncos but he would probably be my third or fourth choice. We have to figure out who our franchise QB is going to be and get it right.

*I know Bleacher Report speculates a great deal and its not like McShay/Kiper etc., but they also have had Philly journalists talking about moving Kolb, and Miami is one of the likely destinations.

kolb looked good at times and shaky at other times. looked alot like henne from what i saw no thank you. trade for their other qb.

What choice do we have????

No way Luck drops to us. I also don't see Mallet being there when we pick. Locker is not very good. Some people talk about Stanzi or Pat Devlin in Round Three....neither of them excite me. Cam Newton is a Heisman Trophy winner and if we risked a first day pick on Pat White, don't you think Cam Newton has a lot more potential than Pat White. He is 6'6" and very strong, good speed, accurate arm. I think it is either Cam Newton or Kolb. I don't want Carson Palmer or McNabb. I could maybe live with Orton of the Broncos but he would probably be my third or fourth choice. We have to figure out who our franchise QB is going to be and get it right.

*I know Bleacher Report speculates a great deal and its not like McShay/Kiper etc., but they also have had Philly journalists talking about moving Kolb, and Miami is one of the likely destinations.

Bro, a knife isn't at our throat forcing us to draft a QB in the first round.

This is how people end up unhappy in everyday normal life. People "settle" instead of making a real investment into their future. And that's how people end up buried under mounds of debt.

Same principles apply here in the NFL. We can't just draft the scraps we're left with just because we need it. That's not the answer. Now we're REALLY throwing rock hard turds at the wall hoping it will stick. We invested into Chad Henne because he was a bargain and he was there. It's not what we really wanted. It's not even close to what we needed. And Cam Newton is no different.

I'm a BIG Cam Newton fan. I've enjoyed watching him this season. But he's not NFL material. He has made poor life decisions and those are judgment calls. Trust me, that carries over to the field of play. I can't trust my multi-million dollar franchise in the hands of a guy who has displayed poor judgment off the field. Things like that have come back to bite teams in the *** more often than not. Cam Newton is a SUPERSTAR. He has been the biggest, most athletic, and easily the best player at every single level he has ever played on. And when you're that kind of player, you never have to work for it because you're so dominate. So I wonder about your work ethic because we ALL know that Cam Newton will not walk onto an NFL field and dominate the way he does in college. Not happening. JaMarcus Russell was another guy who was just bigger, stronger and faster than everyone else. JaMarcus always had his work ethic called into question. I'm not saying Cam Newton does or will have a poor work ethic, but it is a question that I would want to know the answer to before drafting him even in the 7th round.

Cam Newton is a VERY high risk, medium reward guy. He's not even a high reward guy because guys with his ability at QB usually end up as average QB's in the league. Mike Vick is the exception. Mike Vick falls into the 1% category. Mike Vick is elite. And Mike Vick was viewed as a risky draft pick.

It is not worth it for us to wager everything on the back of Cam Newton.

Kolb will be a pretty good QB when he gets the chance to start.

In fact, when the Falcons keep Vick and let Kolb go, I think they'll be feeling pretty stupid once Vick goes back to his old ways.

Assuming he declares, trade up and get Luck....we arent that far off people. Trade our 1 and 3 this year and our 1 next year and get our QB! Go hard after Mankins and tag Soliai if we cant extend him, and resign Ricky. Along with Luck, draft a C, speed back, and playmaking TE.

Back
Top Bottom