Bleacher Report: Kevin Kolb could be Phins QB in 2011 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bleacher Report: Kevin Kolb could be Phins QB in 2011

Spotty Eagles performance, 2nd round pick coming from Houston, a pass-happy spread offense = John Beck Part 2

The John Beck and AJ Feeley comparisons are a little harsh. Kolb was the Eagles franchise QB and only due to injury did Vick 2.0 get a chance to start. I wouldn't trade the house for Kolb but he's not AJ Feeley.

I think Kolb is legit. I would for just the #1 even though I am tired of giving up compensation for QB's

The John Beck and AJ Feeley comparisons are a little harsh. Kolb was the Eagles franchise QB and only due to injury did Vick 2.0 get a chance to start. I wouldn't trade the house for Kolb but he's not AJ Feeley.

That means ****. Henne was our "franchise QB" until he maybe wasn't. David Carr was Houston's "franchise QB" and so forth and so on. A good showing and a small sampling of games after coming out of a spread college offense which rarely translates to the pros, is too questionable a sampling to relinquish a first, or maybe even a second for.

kolbs definitely a cooler choice then mcnabb or palmer and could be a franchise guy. hes a better version of henne but still not great imo. i have to ask though, whats the problem with locker? guy was gonna be the #1 overall draft pick last year. #1. h stayed in college showed commitment though some questioned it having to do with baseball and not dedicated to football enough. i think they guy plays with a lot of enthusiasm. maybe hes not 6'6 240 but he is like 6'2 220, hes hard to bring down. so he had a sloppy year? doesnt change what hes done in his past. in a QB strong draft class hes still being considered a 1st round pick maybe top 20. please explain why we dont want him

Unless Kolb came complete with a WCO guru. He be a waste.

A good showing and a small sampling of games after coming out of a spread college offense which rarely translates to the pros, is too questionable a sampling to relinquish a first, or maybe even a second for.
I didn't say trade a first, second or anything for him. I'm just saying he hasn't earned the amount of crap some guys are giving him.

Assuming he declares, trade up and get Luck....we arent that far off people. Trade our 1 and 3 this year and our 1 next year and get our QB! Go hard after Mankins and tag Soliai if we cant extend him, and resign Ricky. Along with Luck, draft a C, speed back, and playmaking TE.

And when Luck has nearly the same stats as Henne after 25 games, like Ryan, Manning, and Eli did, what will this board be like? Hell, Henne cost us a 2nd rounder and you're suggesting we spend two 1st and a 3rd?

I say we do the smart thing. Let Henne have next season. Get a QB to compete with Henne through FA...Kolb would be great or if a good QB falls to us in the 1st round grab him. Or spend our first on a speedy RB.

Exactly. Kolb is legit and I've said many times that the Eagles are going to be sorry they ever let him go. Vick is having a great stretch, it will end though and I'm betting sooner than later.

kolbs definitely a cooler choice then mcnabb or palmer and could be a franchise guy. hes a better version of henne but still not great imo. i have to ask though, whats the problem with locker? guy was gonna be the #1 overall draft pick last year. #1. h stayed in college showed commitment though some questioned it having to do with baseball and not dedicated to football enough. i think they guy plays with a lot of enthusiasm. maybe hes not 6'6 240 but he is like 6'2 220, hes hard to bring down. so he had a sloppy year? doesnt change what hes done in his past. in a QB strong draft class hes still being considered a 1st round pick maybe top 20. please explain why we dont want him

This next draft will not be a "QB strong class".

Get kolb let them compete,best qb wins . Draft Ingram, need to boost the running game . Fix o line , get new OC.

Kolb will be a pretty good QB when he gets the chance to start.

In fact, when the Falcons keep Vick and let Kolb go, I think they'll be feeling pretty stupid once Vick goes back to his old ways.

Wow, you need to get back to 2010. May have just been a slip, but they are both Eagles, not Falcons. You could insert Schaub for Kevin Kolb and this would be a post from 2006.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Would you consider this years 1st rounder "the house" b/c that is what it will take to get Kolb.

Wow, you need to get back to 2010. May have just been a slip, but they are both Eagles, not Falcons. You could insert Schaub for Kevin Kolb and this would be a post from 2006.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Would you consider this years 1st rounder "the house" b/c that is what it will take to get Kolb.

Whoops. Both are sh!tbird teams. lol

Back
Top Bottom