Blount Gets Away | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blount Gets Away

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
I saw on ESPN's Bottom Line that Marcus Blount (a center who a lot of Heat Fans wanted him) had agreed to a 6 year deal with Boston. I know CO84 was high on him and mentioned him quite a bit. If this Shaq think doesn't work out, Miami may again be without a big man...not good

Yeah, that happened yesterday morning and I was happy.

$41m on Blount? I wouldn't of gave him more than 3-years at about $4m a year.

I said before he signed that either Philly or Boston was going to overpay for him. If anybody wanted the Heat to give up that much money over 6-years for a 29-year old center who has only had one good season...LOL, then that's sad. I am glad the Heat fans at RealGM didn't bash the organization for not overpaying Blount.

..honestly, I don't think we're going to get a very good center(unless Caron or Odom is moved in the process, in any kind've trade like for Shaq or Tyson Chandler) until Jones & Grant come off the books.

With the Shaq trade probably going down, i think center is the least of our worries. We now need a backup big man (im confident in Udonis manning the 4, so if we dont sign a new guy there im not worried) maybe a 3 if Rasual cant step up, and a veteran backup for Wade. We already have Doleac, so if we can snag Keon Clark to go with that (and possibly Rodney White, someone mentioned him as a viable option and he sounds like a good fit if we can get him) we should be one of the East's best teams next season, IMO.

This is a little off topic, but I just realised how much more intimidating The Diesel looks in a Heat Jersey, as opposed to that ugly yellow/purple Jersey. :evil:

Back
Top Bottom