BlueFin's First Three Rounds............... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BlueFin's First Three Rounds...............

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Reaction score
I've wavered on this recently, I now believe we can fill our remaining O-line needs after round 1, and I believe there are some playmakers at WR that we may have a shot at that we really need and shouldn't pass up on......So here is my first three round mock:

ROUND ONE: Brandin Cooks WR......This guy would give us the explosive receiver we need in the slot, as I look at the current set of Dolphin receivers I see too many possession types, this guy is a playmaker who scores touchdowns.

Alternate Selection if gone: Odell Beckham...I like him only slightly less than Cooks.

ROUND TWO: Joel Bitonio T/G...........Versatile lineman very similar to Zach Martin.

Alternate Selection if gone: Ju Wuan James RT

ROUND THREE: Billy Turner OT...........Athletic ascending player with lots of potential.

Alternate Selection if gone: If we end up with James in round 2, Dakota Dozier G or Trai Turner G

Man, I love Cooks. It's not that I don't like Gibson, but Cooks is just a nightmare to cover. His only weakness that I see is that he's 5-10, but he plays taller and is a tough, durable football player. I would love Cooks, Shazier or Mosley in R1. I also believe Miami can solve it's offensive line issues in the 2nd-4th rounds.

Who ever really knows what the team is thinking?......All you can do is guess based on the situation of the team.

I do think outside of Wallace there is no spark in our receiving corp, couple that with the rumblings of Wallace and Hartline possibly not being retained long term and I see a real need there.

You have to score more points than this offense averaged last year to succeed.

Any draft that has a wide receiver being taken in one of the first two rounds, I cannot complain too much. I'd be happy with this specific scenario.

interesting draft i guess gibby would be odd man out...a solid east west slot route runner with size...can't see them moving on given how cheap gibby is and if he's healthy or looks on schedule for the season he's gonna produce...possibly an 8 td slot wr over 16 games for us

damn though cooks is explosive and quick...and ****y as hell...

interesting draft i guess gibby would be odd man out...a solid east west slot route runner with size...can't see them moving on given how cheap gibby is and if he's healthy or looks on schedule for the season he's gonna produce...possibly an 8 td slot wr over 16 games for us

I know..I'd hate to see him go somewhere else. This offense could be scary with him in it.

i actually like odell a little better but would not complain

It's definitely arguable...I just see a little more quickness in Cooks and love his playmaking ability. I would be happy with either one and I believe this offense needs another "REAL" threat.

I think if we draft a WR its to upgrade over Hartline. Philbin's "slot" WR isnt that traditional slot role anyway.

I like Gibson...I just don't think he scares anybody. Brandin Cooks is a beast and I think he will tear the NFL up from the slot.

Cooks is amazing. So much better than Cobb or Tavon. I don't think Bitonio falls that far, but really like James. Don't like any of the 3rd round choices on the oline. HUGE difference between FCS and NFL caliber defensive lineman. Sure, they may have potential, but rarely do players live up to "potential". Potential means you haven't done anything yet.

I prefer Beckham too, by a decent margin. Cooks can be shut down, Ekpre-Olomu of Oregon (who is a hell of a corner) had Cooks in his pocket the entire game. His acceleration off the LOS is blinding and his footwork is terrific, but a lot of what he could do in the PAC 12 won't be possible in the NFL. I still see him being a successful receiver, but I see Beckham as being more productive. Cooks does attract massive extra attention, which can't be ignored. He'll pull coverage his way all career.

I like Cooks but his rating is moving in the wrong direction. He was properly slated a couple of months ago, when he was second tier prior to the onslaught of hype.

As Fin Thirteen posted, I've seen Cooks blanketed and the defender virtually bored. Not great routes. He's a bully receiver who can really take advantage of mismatches, like the weaker Pac 12 opponents and early in the Hawaii Bowl. There's a tremendous disparity in level of Pac 12 coaching. Along with the great ones you've got idiots like Mike Leach and Sonny Dykes. Cooks got to face them back to back. Otherwise there were a couple of games in which I bet against Oregon State and didn't even worry about Cooks.

He's special. Tavon Austin is extra special. The truth has a way of shaking itself out.

Back
Top Bottom