Bobby Carpenter the next Lofa Tatupu? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bobby Carpenter the next Lofa Tatupu?

cheyannefan

Starter
Reaction score
Saw this on nfl.com, Pat Kiewin was interviewing some of the top players in the draft. This is what he said about Carpenter:

Bobby Carpenter, LB, Ohio State: The son of New York Giants running back Rob Carpenter leans on his dad for advice and it has paid nice dividends so far in his career. I interviewed Bobby Carpenter for close to half an hour, and when I was finished I felt the same way as I did after getting to know Lofa Tatupu. Tatupu is the son of a former NFL player and it was no surprise he quickly became the leader of the Seahawks defense. He knew about pro football from a very young age and so does Carpenter. I left my time with Carpenter thinking he's got as good a chance to be a middle linebacker and lead a defense as Tatupu did coming out of college.

Here's the link:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9382793

physically at least, it appears he could handle the strongside as a replacement for seau.

UF Fin Kat said:
aside from being linebackers, they don't really have much in common.

There's also the whole 2nd generation thing. I agree that he has just as much in common with Crowder as he does with Tatupu, though.

After watching a hi-lite film of Carpenter on the NFL network on demand service I am now feeling like Miami could do a lot worse then draft Carpenter.

Something I didnt know however have now learned OSU used Carpenter much like Saban does JT Carpenter was playing DE & OLB and looks as though he can rush the passer from both spots and to top it off he showed coverage ability.

I am now convinced that between Hawk....Greenway....Carpenter....Lawson....Wimbley miami if they desire can fill the SOLB position in the 1st rnd.

Back
Top Bottom