Bobby Carpenter the Surprise Pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bobby Carpenter the Surprise Pick?

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Reaction score
Who is the player teams aren't talking a lot about? Could it be that the New Englands and other teams of the late first round are hoping he slides down to them?

Every year someone is picked muched higher than where the majority of draftniks had him pegged, could Carpenter be that guy this year and could he be the pick of the Miami Dolphins?

I realize I may be speculating wrong here, but when you really look at this guy, he fits the OLB role of a 3-4 perfectly, with excellent pass rushing ability.

I really think the Patriots would love to get this guy at 21, and the Jets(Eric Mangini) would be very happy if he slid to 29.

I have heard the Pats mentioned to be interested. I'd love to have him. Trade down and draft either him or Mangold and get a 2nd rounder for Ko Simpson would be my dream scenario.

Motion said:
I have heard the Pats mentioned to be interested. I'd love to have him. Trade down and draft either him or Mangold and get a 2nd rounder for Ko Simpson would be my dream scenario.

I just brought it up because he's not getting a lot of attention, and very often teams don't talk about the players they are really targeting.

New England picks at 21 so there isn't a lot of room for tradedown if he is your target. I'm not neccesarily saying I want him to be the pick, just wondering if he ends up being the player who goes much higher than everybody expected.

Dolphins | Coaching staff watches FSU private workout

Dolphins | Coaching staff watches FSU private workout
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 07:14:33 -0700
Warchant.com reports that the Miami Dolphins' coaching staff was in attendance Wednesday, April 26, to watch a private workout of Florida State college prospects. Those working out were DE/LB Kamerion Wimbley, CB Antonio Cromartie, RB Leon Washington, S Pat Watkins, LB Ernie Sims and LB Sam McGrew.

I think Wimbley will go to the Browns, but my guess is that he'd be more attractive to Saban than Lawson is.

I think the real target at FSU might be Watkins.

Back
Top Bottom