Bobby Taylor a Dolphin [Not a signing...Just Speculation!] | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bobby Taylor a Dolphin [Not a signing...Just Speculation!]

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Seahawks | B. Taylor Probably Gone June 1 - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 22 May 2005 17:40:10 -0700

Mike Sando, reports for the Sporting News, the Seattle Seahawks are expected to release CB Bobby Taylor (knee) after June 1. His knee issues and his high salary make him a prime candidate to be gone. The Seahawks will need his salary cap savings to sign their rookies.

Bobby Taylor is a 6''3 210 lbs corner thats very physical and still has a couple years left...He would be a cheaper alternative to Ty Law. What do you think?

Let see where we stand when we're done signing our rooks. I wouldnt be opposed since we need a CB.

Only thing is I think Seattle was gonna shift him to FS so that Trufant and Lucas would start making their secondary stronger. That kinda makes me wonder if he still has the speed.

Its not about talent for seattle or moving him to fs...which the spot is occupied by Michael Boulware anyway...its they dont really have the money to keep him

Unless he takes a significant pay cut I don't how we will be able to afford him. Luckily, his salary won't be as bad as Ty Law, but I'm assuming that he will be asking for a lot. I honestly don't know what happened to Bobby Taylor. A few years ago he and Troy Vincent we're the 2nd best (behind Madison and Surtain of course :cooldude: ) if not the duo CB's in the NFL. I was surprised that he dropped down to the nickel back on Seattle behind Marcus Trufant and Ken Lucas (even though that is a pretty good duo as well). I'm honestly not that surprised to hear that Seattle released him for financial reasons. Here is what he was due to make for them according to NFLPA:

Salary:

2004: $1,000,000

2005: $2,000,000

2006: $2,600,000

2007: $3,200,000

It seems like he's lost a step or two in his game, but I wouldn't mind bringing him in for consideration. He would definitely be a pretty good pickup in my opinion if comes at an affordable price. A big concern though is INJURY and... he's 31.

Talking about a guy with 1 interception the past 2 years, knee problems and age caught up to him a while ago. Unless this guy is ready to recommit to himself to improve his game while age catched up to him I'd say pass.

painnotpleasure said:
Unless he takes a significant pay cut I don't how we will be able to afford him. Luckily, his salary won't be as bad as Ty Law, but I'm assuming that he will be asking for a lot. I honestly don't know what happened to Bobby Taylor. A few years ago he and Troy Vincent we're the 2nd best (behind Madison and Surtain of course :cooldude: ) if not the duo CB's in the NFL. I was surprised that he dropped down to the nickel back on Seattle behind Marcus Trufant and Ken Lucas (even though that is a pretty good duo as well). I'm honestly not that surprised to hear that Seattle released him for financial reasons. Here is what he was due to make for them according to NFLPA:

Salary:

2004: $1,000,000

2005: $2,000,000

2006: $2,600,000

2007: $3,200,000

It seems like he's lost a step or two in his game, but I wouldn't mind bringing him in for consideration. He would definitely be a pretty good pickup in my opinion if comes at an affordable price. A big concern though is INJURY and... he's 31.

He lost a step and he is a physical corner. You can't play like that now a days with the cover rules or more enforcement of them.

I'd take on Taylor as a Poole replacement, possibly in the dime.

Back
Top Bottom