Bodzilla's 2002 Off-season review..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bodzilla's 2002 Off-season review.....

Bodzilla29

The Shiznit
Reaction score
just reviewing my opinions on some of our moves from last off-season.....

Larry Chester - i liked the move a lot, and he played well all season....

Rob Burnett - i was not for signing him, said he wouldn't contribute much....

Ricky Williams - duh! liked it then, love it now! hahaha

Desmond Clark - great, thought he would be a big contributor, was WAY off on this one!

Jay Williams - giving up a 4 for him was expensive at the time, and it is still is....we could have gotten away with not trading for him....not a good deal

Draft - i liked our draft, but said i didn't think any of them would be contributors right away....with the exception of about 6 or 7 Randy McMichael games i was right on the money....ut the actual results of the draft have to be N/A.....

Cris Carter - i was strongly against signing the guy, and well, at least i looked good because carter surely didn't.....

just tooting my own horn.....hahaha but i actually pretty much nailed our offseason aquisitions.....hehehe guess everybody gets lucky sometimes!!!

Originally posted by Bodzilla29

i'm a little embarrassed to say...i would have preferred edgerrin james at the time. i was concerned about RW's mental state. i knew he was good(1000 yds after 10 games in '00 and 1200+ in '01)but who would have guessed he'd be THIS good. THIS is the guy mike ditka traded away a whole draft for!!! he's gonna be around, fellas. and guess what, he WILL help miami to a super bowl win eventually.

Jay Williams - giving up a 4 for him was expensive at the time, and it is still is....we could have gotten away with not trading for him....not a good deal

We got 6 sacks outta him in limited playing time. I think he proved me wrong cause I was also against spending a 4th on him. At the time though we didn't know Ogun would break out or Jay coulda had more playing time.

A 4th rounder?

... for 6 sacks? I'll take that deal anyday!

Jay Williams was just another GREAT Spielman move.

Oliver...

just reviewing my opinions on some of our moves from last off-season.....

Larry Chester - i liked the move a lot, and he played well all season....

Rob Burnett - i was not for signing him, said he wouldn't contribute much....

Desmond Clark - great, thought he would be a big contributor, was WAY off on this one!

Draft - i liked our draft, but said i didn't think any of them would be contributors right away....with the exception of about 6 or 7 Randy McMichael games i was right on the money....ut the actual results of the draft have to be N/A.....

Cris Carter - i was strongly against signing the guy, and well, at least i looked good because carter surely didn't.....

just tooting my own horn.....hahaha but i actually pretty much nailed our offseason aquisitions.....hehehe guess everybody gets lucky sometimes!!!

I know one thing FOR SURE.......We didn't miss LoBro or Mixon, not one little bit......did we, van? :p ;) :)

I also don't think that Bodzilla is giving enough credit to Jay Williams and to a lesser degree Robb Burnett for their role in the overall improvement of the D-line, but, that is intangible and extremely hard to prove or disprove from our perspective.

Originally posted by inFINSible
I know one thing FOR SURE.......We didn't miss LoBro or Mixon, not one little bit......did we, van? :p ;) :)

Thank god we didn't. Somehow this line meshed although a lot of that had to do with Olines worrying about Taylor only :)

I don't think this is a fair statement. What did you expect when the guy only got 2 plays per game? At worst, I'd give him an incomplete grade.

I was jazzed when they signed him, but I don't understand it now. Why sign a guy if you're not going to play him?

Sorry Bro looks like you dont have that much to "toot" about:

Chester-RIGHT
Jay Williams-Wrong
Ricky- No brainer there, no credit allowed
Draft-Wrong. McMichales, McKinney good picks. Omare Lowe potential
Chris Carter-Right
Rob Burnett-Right
Clark-Wrong

SO it looks like your at about 50% dude. Not great numbers by any means.

Williams was right because he contributed a lot, the draft was right considering the picks we had, and Clark was right considering we got him off waivers

Back
Top Bottom