Boise WR Titus Young meets with Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boise WR Titus Young meets with Dolphins

If he is there in round 3 . . . I snatch him up with the quickness. Ingram and Young . . . that would be an exciting start to the draft for Miami . . get a change of pace RB in the 4th round and a young QB like TJ Yates in round 5. Go LG, TE and QB in FA.

I don't think he will be there when we pick in round 3. I think he goes bottom of round top 2 top of 8 of round 3. but I love this guy.

ye he looked good in practice....................

He would be strictly a special teams guy So I say.. HELL NO!
unless he drops to the 5th which isn't going to happen so again HELL NO!

STrictly special teams? Dude is going to blow by DB's on the next level at WR. He would compliment our trio of Marshall/Bess/Hartline rather nicely.

Speed doesn't beat Db's separation at the line does

Can Titus Young, WR, Boise State be our answer for speed WR?

I would like a very fast WR that can catch and a fast pass catching TE in our first 3 picks. They both need to be starters. He is blowing up at the Senior Bowl.

I'd like us to take a very fast WR with good hands that can start and a fast pass catching TE that can start and they need to be out of our first 3 picks.

I believe that we need a speed threat on the other side of B.Marshall plus a pass catching TE. Remember that even Ted Ginn was often either given double coverage or the other team's best corner (like Revis). So if we had a speed WR that would take double coverage off of Marshall. Add a faster pass catching TE and we become a team to fear on offense.

I prefer WRs who are at least 6 feet but both of these would work.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011WR.php

Titus Young, WR, Boise State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 174.
Projected 40 Time: 4.39.
Combine 40 Time: .
Pro Day 40 Time: .
Vertical: . Broad: . Hand: 9.
Projecte (2011): 1-2.

1/26/11: Titus Young had a great first day of Senior Bowl practice. Would he go on to disappoint the day after? Definitely not. Young once again impressed, this time showing off his route-running ability. I wonder where he'll be in Thursday's 2011 NFL Mock Draft update...

1/25/11: Wow. I don't want to overreact to one day of practice, but it's going to be difficult not to. Titus Young was breath-taking on the practice field, blowing by defensive backs at will and breaking ankles with deadly jukes. He looks like a hybrid between DeSean Jackson and Mike Wallace.

10/1/10: Young is a smaller receiver, but he has nice speed and is a very sharp route runner. Young has 15 catches for 310 yards and two touchdowns on the year including a five-catch, 136-yard performance against Oregon State.

3/31/10: Needs to bulk up his rail-thin frame. Caught 79 passes for 1,041 yards and 10 touchdowns as a junior.

Here is another guy. I'd try to draft BOTH of them.

Jerrel Jernigan, WR/KR, Troy
Height: 5-9. Weight: 189.
Vertical: . Broad: . Hand: .
Projected (2011): 2-3.
10/1/10: Jernigan is an athletic player in the open field. He has 31 catches for 384 yards and two touchdowns on the year, but 209 of his receiving yards came against Arkansas State.

3/31/10: Had a big year for Troy, catching 71 balls for 1,101 yards and four touchdowns. Also averaged 23 yards on kickoff returns.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011WR.php

Titus Young, WR, Boise State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 174.
Vertical: . Broad: . Hand: 9.
Projecte (2011): 1-2.
1/26/11: Titus Young had a great first day of Senior Bowl practice. Would he go on to disappoint the day after? Definitely not. Young once again impressed, this time showing off his route-running ability. I wonder where he'll be in Thursday's 2011 NFL Mock Draft update...

1/25/11: Wow. I don't want to overreact to one day of practice, but it's going to be difficult not to. Titus Young was breath-taking on the practice field, blowing by defensive backs at will and breaking ankles with deadly jukes. He looks like a hybrid between DeSean Jackson and Mike Wallace.

10/1/10: Young is a smaller receiver, but he has nice speed and is a very sharp route runner. Young has 15 catches for 310 yards and two touchdowns on the year including a five-catch, 136-yard performance against Oregon State.

3/31/10: Needs to bulk up his rail-thin frame. Caught 79 passes for 1,041 yards and 10 touchdowns as a junior.

Here is another guy. I'd try to draft BOTH.

Jerrel Jernigan, WR/KR, Troy
Height: 5-9. Weight: 189.
Vertical: . Broad: . Hand: .
Projecte (2011): 2-3.

10/1/10: Jernigan is an athletic player in the open field. He has 31 catches for 384 yards and two touchdowns on the year, but 209 of his receiving yards came against Arkansas State.

3/31/10: Had a big year for Troy, catching 71 balls for 1,101 yards and four touchdowns. Also averaged 23 yards on kickoff returns.

You're so lost. This guy is already a better route runner than Ginn and Jackson(guy he's compared to by the likes of Mayock).

If we drafted him in the 3rd round, I would be ecstatic. But I think Pats will target this guy in the 2nd round.

Like Ginn LOL

From what I have seen of Young . . . he is miles more polished as a WR than Ginn was coming out. He also has that immediate explosion that Ginn has to build up to. He is more willing to be used in the slot and he is a tremendous route runner. He is quicker, lighter on his feet and overall a better player than Ginn was. Ginn had more speed and more highlights. Young also plays tougher than Ginn. I think DJax or even Sanantonio Holmes comes to mind more than Ginn, just because he isn't as raw as Ginn was.

Now anything is possible, maybe Young doesn't make it, but that can be said about anybody . . . even your boy Hankerson.

You're so lost. This guy is already a better route runner than Ginn and Jackson(guy he's compared to by the likes of Mayock).

If we drafted him in the 3rd round, I would be ecstatic. But I think Pats will target this guy in the 2nd round.

Whoa hold your horses.. BEtter route runner than Djax??:lol:
I just don't see it he has no separation @the line which is like rule #1 of a great Wr with route running 2nd

From what I have seen of Young . . . he is miles more polished as a WR than Ginn was coming out. He also has that immediate explosion that Ginn has to build up to. He is more willing to be used in the slot and he is a tremendous route runner. He is quicker, lighter on his feet and overall a better player than Ginn was. Ginn had more speed and more highlights. Young also plays tougher than Ginn. I think DJax or even Sanantonio Holmes comes to mind more than Ginn, just because he isn't as raw as Ginn was.

Now anything is possible, maybe Young doesn't make it, but that can be said about anybody . . . even your boy Hankerson.
Like he is with Hankerson, I'm a little biased about Young. I became a big fan of him this year and imo he is the ideal fix to the Dolphin's lack of speed at wr.

I was really just bagging on your speed theory:chuckle: I know hes a better Ginn as a wr. You can have that
and I'll give you the argument that anything is possible but I KNOW Hank will be good in the pros:lol:
Maybe he will be solid in returner and Wr but I think 3rd is way too high for the guy

Back
Top Bottom