Boise WR Titus Young meets with Dolphins

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by FinAtic8480, Jan 26, 2011.

1. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

www.twitter.com/BenVolinPBP

2. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 The D will RushYa, Like Moscow Donator

If he is there in round 3 . . . I snatch him up with the quickness. Ingram and Young . . . that would be an exciting start to the draft for Miami . . get a change of pace RB in the 4th round and a young QB like TJ Yates in round 5. Go LG, TE and QB in FA.

3. mmikel30

mmikel30 Starter

I don't think he will be there when we pick in round 3. I think he goes bottom of round top 2 top of 8 of round 3. but I love this guy.

4. hoops

hoops exited stage left

speed is on the menu in this draft...

5. ROADRUNNER

ROADRUNNER FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

ye he looked good in practice....................

6. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

He would be strictly a special teams guy So I say.. HELL NO!
    unless he drops to the 5th which isn't going to happen so again HELL NO!

7. Kdawg954

STrictly special teams? Dude is going to blow by DB's on the next level at WR. He would compliment our trio of Marshall/Bess/Hartline rather nicely.

8. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

Like Ginn LOL

9. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

Speed doesn't beat Db's separation at the line does

10. LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod The Oracle

Can Titus Young, WR, Boise State be our answer for speed WR?

I would like a very fast WR that can catch and a fast pass catching TE in our first 3 picks. They both need to be starters. He is blowing up at the Senior Bowl.

I'd like us to take a very fast WR with good hands that can start and a fast pass catching TE that can start and they need to be out of our first 3 picks.

I believe that we need a speed threat on the other side of B.Marshall plus a pass catching TE. Remember that even Ted Ginn was often either given double coverage or the other team's best corner (like Revis). So if we had a speed WR that would take double coverage off of Marshall. Add a faster pass catching TE and we become a team to fear on offense.

I prefer WRs who are at least 6 feet but both of these would work.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011WR.php

Titus Young, WR, Boise State
    Height: 5-11. Weight: 174.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.39.
    Combine 40 Time: .
    Pro Day 40 Time: .
    Vertical: . Broad: . Hand: 9.
    Projecte (2011): 1-2.

1/26/11: Titus Young had a great first day of Senior Bowl practice. Would he go on to disappoint the day after? Definitely not. Young once again impressed, this time showing off his route-running ability. I wonder where he'll be in Thursday's 2011 NFL Mock Draft update...

1/25/11: Wow. I don't want to overreact to one day of practice, but it's going to be difficult not to. Titus Young was breath-taking on the practice field, blowing by defensive backs at will and breaking ankles with deadly jukes. He looks like a hybrid between DeSean Jackson and Mike Wallace.

10/1/10: Young is a smaller receiver, but he has nice speed and is a very sharp route runner. Young has 15 catches for 310 yards and two touchdowns on the year including a five-catch, 136-yard performance against Oregon State.

3/31/10: Needs to bulk up his rail-thin frame. Caught 79 passes for 1,041 yards and 10 touchdowns as a junior.

Here is another guy. I'd try to draft BOTH of them.

Jerrel Jernigan, WR/KR, Troy
    Height: 5-9. Weight: 189.
    Vertical: . Broad: . Hand: .
    Projected (2011): 2-3.
    10/1/10: Jernigan is an athletic player in the open field. He has 31 catches for 384 yards and two touchdowns on the year, but 209 of his receiving yards came against Arkansas State.

3/31/10: Had a big year for Troy, catching 71 balls for 1,101 yards and four touchdowns. Also averaged 23 yards on kickoff returns.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011WR.php

Titus Young, WR, Boise State
    Height: 5-11. Weight: 174.
    Vertical: . Broad: . Hand: 9.
    Projecte (2011): 1-2.
    1/26/11: Titus Young had a great first day of Senior Bowl practice. Would he go on to disappoint the day after? Definitely not. Young once again impressed, this time showing off his route-running ability. I wonder where he'll be in Thursday's 2011 NFL Mock Draft update...

1/25/11: Wow. I don't want to overreact to one day of practice, but it's going to be difficult not to. Titus Young was breath-taking on the practice field, blowing by defensive backs at will and breaking ankles with deadly jukes. He looks like a hybrid between DeSean Jackson and Mike Wallace.

10/1/10: Young is a smaller receiver, but he has nice speed and is a very sharp route runner. Young has 15 catches for 310 yards and two touchdowns on the year including a five-catch, 136-yard performance against Oregon State.

3/31/10: Needs to bulk up his rail-thin frame. Caught 79 passes for 1,041 yards and 10 touchdowns as a junior.

Here is another guy. I'd try to draft BOTH.

Jerrel Jernigan, WR/KR, Troy
    Height: 5-9. Weight: 189.
    Vertical: . Broad: . Hand: .
    Projecte (2011): 2-3.

10/1/10: Jernigan is an athletic player in the open field. He has 31 catches for 384 yards and two touchdowns on the year, but 209 of his receiving yards came against Arkansas State.

3/31/10: Had a big year for Troy, catching 71 balls for 1,101 yards and four touchdowns. Also averaged 23 yards on kickoff returns.

11. DAFINZ

DAFINZ Rebel With A Cause Donator

You're so lost. This guy is already a better route runner than Ginn and Jackson(guy he's compared to by the likes of Mayock).

If we drafted him in the 3rd round, I would be ecstatic. But I think Pats will target this guy in the 2nd round.

12. Kdawg954

From what I have seen of Young . . . he is miles more polished as a WR than Ginn was coming out. He also has that immediate explosion that Ginn has to build up to. He is more willing to be used in the slot and he is a tremendous route runner. He is quicker, lighter on his feet and overall a better player than Ginn was. Ginn had more speed and more highlights. Young also plays tougher than Ginn. I think DJax or even Sanantonio Holmes comes to mind more than Ginn, just because he isn't as raw as Ginn was.

Now anything is possible, maybe Young doesn't make it, but that can be said about anybody . . . even your boy Hankerson.

13. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

Whoa hold your horses.. BEtter route runner than Djax??:lol:
    I just don't see it he has no separation @the line which is like rule #1 of a great Wr with route running 2nd

14. DAFINZ

Like he is with Hankerson, I'm a little biased about Young. I became a big fan of him this year and imo he is the ideal fix to the Dolphin's lack of speed at wr.

15. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

I was really just bagging on your speed theory:chuckle: I know hes a better Ginn as a wr. You can have that
    and I'll give you the argument that anything is possible but I KNOW Hank will be good in the pros:lol:
    Maybe he will be solid in returner and Wr but I think 3rd is way too high for the guy

16. Kdawg954

Honestly you put me on to young in the chat room . . . I knew Pettis, but I thought Young was this deep vertical guy who just caught homeruns ala Ginn . . . but dude is a pretty versatile WR and plays with aggression. I think he would really be a good fit to our offense.

17. Kdawg954

Watch some tape of Young . . . he definitely can be as effective or even more effective than DJax in the NFL.

18. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

Ben Volin said he was working with Gold Medal Sprinter Maurice Greene. Young says he thinks he can run in the 4.2s. If he does he is not making it past the 2nd round.
    Chubbs

19. Kdawg954

If he runs in the 4.2's, he will not get past the #33 pick to New England.

20. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

I see them taking a bigger receiver this draft, not too sure if they want another slot guy. Then again, been working for them so far, whats another weapon for BRady.
    Chubbs

21. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

I'll watch some tape right now:up: [video=youtube;uPM5ttLp_Qg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPM5ttLp_Qg&feature=related[/video] I'll give you this he has good hands and great speed, his routes are ehh but he can learn that

22. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

I bet they take Hank and I'll be livid

23. Kdawg954

He's not really a slot guy though . . . he can man the slot, but I see him outside stretching the field. Hell they have enough picks to do anything they want lol. HIm and Tate on the outside would be murderous . . . but I could see them maybe trading up for a more complete WR like Jones.

24. DAFINZ

Yea, some draft "experts" have been suggesting that Pats might consider trading up for Green. I find it a little skeptical because Belichick loves to horde picks, not use numerous 1st day picks on 1 guy.

25. DolfanGator

DolfanGator Rookie

If he was a perfect prospect he would be going in the top 5. But given the skills he has, he is near the top of the draft at what we need. He catches the ball with ease, he is explosive as all hell and he can run a hell of a deep route... Or would you rather us keep running reverses with BRIAN HARTLINE?!

26. Kdawg954

We need speed on offense, and this kid brings that . . . I want atleast one speedy WR and one speedy RB added to this roster next year. This solves one issue.

27. Kdawg954

If they want to they can, but I think it is easier to trade up for Jones. They are weird with their picks (in a good way). . . I have seen them trade multiple picks after they acquire them to get a guy they want before . . . but then they find a way to gather additional picks for the following year.

28. rrrrphin

rrrrphin Scout Team

I can't wait for the year when the Pats actually use their stockpile of picks. To me it would mean that Belichik is in his final year and he's cashing in his chips for one final run.

29. finsfanjay13

finsfanjay13 Rookie Donator

Damn Mayock. Using my lines. :)

30. FINOMINAL

FINOMINAL Scout Team

He’s a small slot receiver and a return guy, don’t see him going very high just because of some Senior bowl practice.

Fellow Boise State WR Austin Pettis might be a better value a little later, he’s a really good versatile receiver (6’3 203lb) who isn’t a return guy or a speed burner, he just catches balls like Orande Gadston used to around here.
    Check out some press (and the link)-

“Pettis’ gift — besides his magnetic hands and voluminous range — is his ability to find his way through whatever coverage the defense concocts to reach the play’s prescribed location.”

“That guy is lights out when it comes to football knowledge,” Harsin said. “That’s a huge part of our success — his ability to dissect a defense out there.”

“The thing that’s always amazed me about him is his range where he can make a catch,” wide receivers coach Brent Pease said. “It’s so far wide and so far high, way down low, on the run.”

Coaches credit his athletic background — a life spent playing baseball (he was a center fielder), basketball and football. He serves as the Broncos’ holder, runs the swinging-gate two-point conversions, has thrown two touchdown passes and has drilled a 45-yard field goal in practice.

“He is our most versatile player,” coach Chris Petersen said.”

Link to article with these quotes

31. newlownorder

newlownorder Hoof Hearted

You will have to take him in round 2 cause he wont last til round 3. Need to get a 2nd if we want him.

32. justdev7

justdev7 Rookie

He'll run in the 4.7s before he runs in the 4.2s. He's pretty fast on the field but he's no track star. He's a 4th round guy. I'd rather have him than Hartline. But I'd rather have Jerrel Jernigan

33. Buff

Buff From a galaxy far far away.... Finheaven VIP Donator

I just watched the vidoe that someome here posted about Young, and he sounds like a very level headed mature young player. He looked the goods on the clips that were posted, and speed is a massive issue with the team. If it we can pick up a 2nd, and it would probbaly be the pick in the mid 50's, he may be worth grabbing. I doubt he will be there by our third round pick. Too many teams need WR - Pats, Rams, Panthers, Bears, Jets.

34. DAFINZ

I like Pettis as well but you just said it best; Pettis is a Oronde Gadsden type player. Should have a better career than Gadsden imo, but he is not a gamebreaker like Young. Dolphins have been lacking a player with homerun hitting abilities for a while. They reached for ginn and he was more interested in getting to the sidelines than the endzone. Young is that guy, question is can he last till round 3 for fins to pick up.

35. greasyObnoxious

greasyObnoxious I love lamp Finheaven VIP Donator

i don't think he's quite the prospect Javoby Ford was last season, and he was a 4th rounder iirc. of course, that doesn't mean anything

36. Rafiki

Rafiki The Truth (I promise)

37. DcRy82

DcRy82 A True Fan

Titus Young is a better WR prospect than Jacoby Ford was last year. That's a fact. And while Pettis may be good value, he is not what we need. We need a player like Young. The guy has sick hands, he's very fast, and he runs good routes. And he returns kicks. He is exactly what Miami needs.

38. Kdawg954

I don't think anybody thought Ford would go after the ball like he has in the NFL . . . Clemson used him in so many different ways he just seemed to raw to be a full time WR . . . Titus Young is much more polished as a WR . . . obviously not as fast as Ford (then again who is) but he is a better overall WR.

If you can draft a guy like Young, get a dynamic pass catching TE opposite of Fasano and add the speed at RB . . . that will help any QB that we decide to have back there.

39. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i think that if titus young runs a 4.7 it will be with a pulled hammy...

4.7 no way

40. Lord Of Miami

Lord Of Miami A True Fan

Just so you know he ran track and lettered in it two times....also his best 40 time as of right now is a 4.35