Bolden question? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bolden question?

gregorygrant83

Active Roster
Reaction score
For everyone who said you would never trade a second round pick for anquan bolden.

Now that the draft is complete are you happier with Sean Smith or Pat White than you would have been with Bolden?

Bottom line is the draft is a crap shoot and you never know what you're going to get.

Sometimes I think you're better off going with a proven player.

over the next 5 years Bolden is likely to have more of an impact than anyone we drafted ( with the possible exception of Davis).

the compensation wasn't the problem, it was the salary demand . . . he wanted 10 million a year. We were not going to give him that.

Smith and Pat White probably will make about a third of what Boldin will make combined.

You also have to factor in the contracts that Smith and White will receive and the kind of contract Boldin will demand. White and Smith will be a whole lot cheaper.

This is all mental masturbation. The Cardinals turned down the Bears 49th pick offer. Something tells me, the 44th would have reaped similar results.

I understand both of you comments about his contract demands and I don't disagree with you. For some reason it bothers me that some people just value draft picks higher than players regardless of what the contracts would be.

Some people wanted us to draft Chris Long last year, but would scream bloody murder if we traded a second for him this year. "You never trade draft picks - you have to build through the draft."

Back
Top Bottom