Boller is Ravens' version of Feeley ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boller is Ravens' version of Feeley ?

CrunchTime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Kyle Boller, like the Dolphins' A.J. Feeley, is a young, Jeff Tedford-trained quarterback.

Reporters would have if they had been convinced that Boller and Feeley actually were two different quarterbacks.

Both are Pacific time zone guys who were mentored at Pac-10 schools by current Cal coach Jeff Tedford. Both are 6-3, one 220, the other 225, not nimble in the face of a pass rush and head erratic offenses that have failed reputably mighty defenses this year. Both wear No. 7.

Mostly, both have people asking, ``Is this the guy?''

Is this the guy who'll lead his team beyond junior underachievement and down the road toward a Super Bowl? Or, is this just a quarterbacking blind alley down which each team just gets mugged?

Both have taken their share of media shots since they took their current starting jobs. At each Boller failure, you hear that he was made the starter in 2003 as an inexperienced first round draft pick out of Cal. He didn't even have a complete rookie season after a torn quadriceps.

Actually, you can tell them apart by their releases. Neither is the quick draw that Dan Marino is. But Boller's deliberate delivery reminds you of Steve Austin, TV's The Six Million Dollar Man, doing something bionic

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/10546569.htm

Is this a fair comparison ?

While we are it how do you think Nick Saban will address the QB situation ?.Do you think he will bring in a FA QB to compete with AJ or do you think we will use a high draft pick to get a developmental QB or both ?.

i think its a great comparison... only thing is, if it were true Boller would be "better" than Feeley. Boller puts up better numbers with no WRs.... Feeley has 2 probowl-caliber WRs and a probowl-caliber TE.... (i know boller has a probowl TE but he was out all year), and STILL boller puts up better #'s.

We'll know next year for sure.

DolphinDevil28 said:
And Boller also has a ton of more time in the pocket to complete a pass than Feeley does.
AND a rushing attack, come to think of it.

so like i said, next year we'll know for sure.

& both are pimps with the ladies. Boller has Tara Reid & Feeley has Mitts.

SMadison29 said:
& both are pimps with the ladies. Boller has Tara Reid & Feeley has Mitts.
tara reid is an ugly, overage female still acting like she's 21. Mitts, on the other hand..... one of the hottest females on the planet. and she doesn't have the drunk/partygirl/classless persona that reid does.

so i guess feeley has the edge in female dept.

Can we win a SB said:
One thing also, boller has started two seasons in a row!!

That he has. He had little more than the equivalent of McKnight and Derrius Thompson to throw to as his receivers, though.

When sayin Bollers release is like the six million dollar man does he man its slow like in slow motion?

texasPHINSfan said:
tara reid is an ugly, overage female still acting like she's 21. Mitts, on the other hand..... one of the hottest females on the planet. and she doesn't have the drunk/partygirl/classless persona that reid does.

so i guess feeley has the edge in female dept.
Leave Tara outta this......:cool:

Granted she hasn't been the same since the implants, but she's still a babe.

DolphinDevil28 said:
And Boller also has a ton of more time in the pocket to complete a pass than Feeley does.

You obviously haven't seen too many Ravens games. Boller actually has more time when he moves around in the pocket. The offensive line is very good at run blocking (although there were a lot of injuries along the O line this year which effected the overall chemistry)...pass blocking is really lacking.

BTW, Boller is no longer dating Tara Reid.

Boller has improved a lot over the course of the season, but still makes about 4-5 bad throws per game...and throws behind receivers at times.

Maybe if the Ravens get a true #1 wideout and some O line help...we'll be more able to grade Boller.

Good game today, I talked to several Dolphin fans after the game...all were cool to me.

I thought for while we were gonna have a repeat of the Bengals game and give it away.

I'm sure with a new coach and some personal changes...the Dolphins will improve next season.

Good luck next year.

Back
Top Bottom