bonehead play calling | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

bonehead play calling

iaphin

Scout Team
Reaction score
I have not commented on this site before, but last nights play calling might have been some of the most "off the wall" I have ever seen, and I say off the wall to be non-inflammatory.

Case in point; during the second series, the fins had the ball third down and six, an obvious passing down (can't run the ball). Everyone in the world know that the bengals will bring the house (they did) and what does Forrester call, a bleeping naked bootleg.

That might have been the dumbest play call I have ever seen outside of high school.

Maybe, besides the O-line, the fins need a real offensive coordinator.

iaphin said:
I have not commented on this site before, but last nights play calling might have been some of the most "off the wall" I have ever seen, and I say off the wall to be non-inflammatory.

Case in point; during the second series, the fins had the ball third down and six, an obvious passing down (can't run the ball). Everyone in the world know that the bengals will bring the house (they did) and what does Forrester call, a bleeping naked bootleg.

That might have been the dumbest play call I have ever seen outside of high school.

Maybe, besides the O-line, the fins need a real offensive coordinator.

When it became obvious our O-line couldn't stop anyone in the 3 WR set we should have went to max protect just like Joe Theismann said.

DCFinFan said:
When it became obvious our O-line couldn't stop anyone in the 3 WR set we should have went to max protect just like Joe Theismann said.

is Forrester calling all the plays or does Wanny intervene when he wants to? we really dont know who called the play.

A naked bootleg isn't the worst idea when the pocket keeps crumbling. At least it gives the QB a chance to get away from the rush.

of course foerster is a joke. he's never done this before. chris foerster's NFL coaching resume exsists of o line coach at tampa bay and TE coach in indianapolis. that's it. now look at trestman's. it's like comparing a ferrari to a yugo. and who does dave give the keys too? the guy driving the yugo. why? because it's much better than saying "i lost my GM power so now im just gonna be the offensive coordinator. ha! take that!"

wannschmuck is a moron and so is foerster. while i'm at it, so is spielman, wise, bates, jones and huizenga. in fact, the only 2 non players in the dolphins organization worth a $hit are sullivan and trestman.

That was no broken play. That was a bootleg by design. Bet you won't see that play called that way the rest of the year.

iaphin said:
That was no broken play. That was a bootleg by design. Bet you won't see that play called that way the rest of the year.

What? were you in the booth? Did you call the play? It was not a bootleg.

I'm not delving into whether it was or it wasn't.

However, it would have been nice if they moved the pocket once in a while to offset some of the pressure.

TripleThreat said:
I'm not delving into whether it was or it wasn't.

However, it would have been nice if they moved the pocket once in a while to offset some of the pressure.
That would call for some coaching. :astro:

dne spins said:
of course foerster is a joke. he's never done this before.
How exactly does one become an offensive coordinator before their first time being an offensive coordinator? Is there some other way besides actually having a first time doing it?

I can remember Vinny and the Jets burning us when we would over-persue the quarterback, vinny's pocket would fall apart, then with a short screen pass to curtis martin, curtis would then run for some decent yardage. This kind of play would drive me crazy, and I can't recall us using this play against the Bengals. The play calling was pretty bad, in my opinion, nothing very creative.

From listening to Wanny's comments, aparently they were extremely limited in their playcalling because eveyone is too stupid to execute more than 10 plays properly (the silent count is way beyond our scope of capability aparently). However, given that the whole offensive line botched the first play of the game, he could be right!

He should have worn a croaker sack over his head to that news conference and publicly purged himself with a cat-of 9-tales for being such a schmuck! How do you get to the NFL and not have some familiarity with most every play that could possibly be called. Maybe Dave drawing up the playbook in magenta crayons screwed everyone up!

Wans really has no idea what the heck the offense is doing. That's why we hardly see him respond to a bad decision on that side of the ball because in reality, he has no clue. Other than stand mute, which he does well.

iaphin said:
That was absolutely a broken play. If it was a called bootleg Randy McMichael definately would have blocked at least one of the two defenders he ran thru. He didn't even lay a hand on either one of them.

Back
Top Bottom