Boo-ers read this. Saban's column on miamidolphins.com | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boo-ers read this. Saban's column on miamidolphins.com

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I played organized sports. I enjoy the cheers, but I always viewed the crowd as something that I controlled not that controlled me.

Crowd noise always gave me an uncanny adreneline rush. It actually even happens when I am at a live sporting event. When fans around me are cheering for our team it gives me the same adreneline rush. Like we are in one big collective union rooting for the same thing. Awesome feeling and you just know that the players out on the field feel it and feed off of it.

ckparrothead said:
Exactly. Nobody should be getting down on you for that kind of thing. Instead, the team is really to blame. If the team is playing so poorly that getting out of the game a little early and trying to beat the traffic becomes more important to fans than watching every second of the game...that's on the team, not the fan who paid the money.

You have no clue what a fan should be. Please, stay home.

I'm not saying boo'ing is unacceptable, everyone boo's at some point for some reason. All I am trying to point out is the fact that Saban wants an atmosphere conductive to winning and that is what he is conveying in this article.

It's always easy to tell the athletes and former athletes from the thesbos and band geeks!

If your planning to go to a Dolphins game this year you should go to the first home game. It always seems to have the most energy from the fans no matter what is going up on the scoreboard. Especially when it is going to be the Bills. Lots of Bill fans in the area so the fans get a little rowdy but nothing like your hooligan clubs.

FiN.in.RI said:
Crowd noise always gave me an uncanny adreneline rush. It actually even happens when I am at a live sporting event. When fans around me are cheering for our team it gives me the same adreneline rush. Like we are in one big collective union rooting for the same thing. Awesome feeling and you just know that the players out on the field feel it and feed off of it.

Boo works the same as a cheer to me.

FiN.in.RI said:
I'm not saying boo'ing is unacceptable, everyone boo's at some point for some reason. All I am trying to point out is the fact that Saban wants an atmosphere conductive to winning and that is what he is conveying in this article.

I boo when I see the same mistake over and over again. Like when wanny used to run every down or when howard would give up that big play or feeley throwing the pick for six. I boo those things and it feels good. I wouldnt boo a player who just made a mistake once though, no body is perfect. However these guys are pro and they need to learn from their mistakes before the fans have figured it out that they are messing up consistantly.

FiN.in.RI said:
THe reason why I say that bringing money into it is BS is because you as a fan love football. If you didn't you wouldn't pay a couple G's a year see your favorite team play. I also say it is BS because relevent to Saban's article, he just wants to create a winning atmosphere for his team. If the people in the stands go to the game and spew out negative energy then not only are you negatively impacting a teams chance to win the game, you're wasting your money!

It is BS in its relevance to Saban's comments...Personally, I'm not a big fan of booing...but for the most part, I've never seen fans boo when the team is performing well....I can tell you that Dolphins Stadium ROCKS when the crowd is really into the game...but a lot of the time, whether or not a crowd is IN the game depends on whether or not the team is performing at the level that they should be.

One more point about money....I am by no means saying that because I'm fortunate enough to be able to spend some money on the Fins that it makes me any more of a fan than someone who can't or won't....My point is that I'm WILLING to spend the money as a way to show my support, as have all the other season ticket holders.

miamirick said:
It is BS in its relevance to Saban's comments...Personally, I'm not a big fan of booing...but for the most part, I've never seen fans boo when the team is performing well....I can tell you that Dolphins Stadium ROCKS when the crowd is really into the game...but a lot of the time, whether or not a crowd is IN the game depends on whether or not the team is performing at the level that they should be.

One more point about money....I am by no means saying that because I'm fortunate enough to be able to spend some money on the Fins that it makes me any more of a fan than someone who can't or won't....My point is that I'm WILLING to spend the money as a way to show my support, as have all the other season ticket holders.
Yes, what you say is true. I think last year was a transition year and even though fan support wasn't "bad" it wasn't where it should have been, IMO.

I have faith in the Miami faithful to bring the positivity and noise this season and I think Saban does too, he just wants you guys to know that the fans mean something, an important "something".

miamirick said:
I'm sorry....but if the Fins are down 24 points late in the 4th quarter, odds are, I'm outta there. And you CAN'T tell me I'm any less of a fan than anyone else...I've been giving my heart and soul to this team (and large amounts of money for that matter) for the greater part of last 23 years (I got into football at around 11 years old). I would never leave a tight ballgame in which we had a legit chance of coming back...But a game in which we're getting blown out??? I'm gone.

You always had a chance when Marino was here.Even if we didnt win there would be fireworks in the attempt.We may have that again with CPep.

I would never leave the stadium under any circumstances but that just me and I respect others opinions.

Even in defeat there are always things to see such as a backup QB getting his shot.

BTW good inspirational read.:D

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I played organized sports. I enjoy the cheers, but I always viewed the crowd as something that I controlled not that controlled me.

This is a very profound and excellent statement!! I applaud you!!

FiN.in.RI said:
That's why you are you and I am me. I was never one to feed off of negative energy at home games.

and that is why you don't have a point

To all of you who claim it is your right to boo:

1. you are correct
2. it is Saban's right to call you on it

Back
Top Bottom