BooM or Bust Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BooM or Bust Mock

madridfinfan

Rookie
Reaction score
We need playmakers.
That much is a given. Here's a mock that would provide us with just that. It's not without risk of course (injuries and or character issues).
It may not even be that realistic, although I don't hunk it's out if the realm
Of possibility to hit on a number of these. Starting with a trade down is unlikely, but it was more
Fun to think about it this way.
It's highly unlikely that JI and Philbin share my draft strategy or philosophy, but would be interested in what you all think.

1 WR Patterson (trade down to 20 and still get to snag him, talk about open field vision RAC!) 

2 TE Eifert (I've seen 2 mocks
Recently putting him in 2nd, will open up the seam,  can block too)

2 DE Carredine (injury drops him, we pull the trigger, may need to wait a year, but worth the risk)

2 WR Bailey (another playmaker for Tanne)

3 FS Rambo (another playmaker, some risk here, but would be a great tandem with jones)

3 OLB Thomas (evergthing you want in a LB, a welcome addition to help with pass rush and boost LB depth, of which we have none!)

4 CB Matthieu (playmaker...also a risk, but at this stage, also worth the risk) 

5 OT Nixon (may not last til 5th.)

6 OG Uzzi (supp pick)

7 DE Kruger (thanks CK for the recent post. CBS has him as the #22 DE prospect, rd7/udfa!)

7 TE Fauria (hope he's more than Joey haynos v2.0), and can provide a redzone/endzone threat with his height). 

Or could take a flyer on RB Lattimore here if he's miraculously still on the board. 

Offense:
WR Patterson 
WR Bailey
TE Eifert
TE Fauria
OT Nixon
OG Uzzi

Defense:
DE Carredine
DE Kruger
OLB Thomas
CB honey badger
S Rambo

As a UF fan, Xavier Nixon is not what the pundits make him to be. He was a disappointment at Florida. He was serviceable, but when he came out of HS, he was supposed to be the next great OL and that never happened. More of a finesse player that does not have that search and destroy attitude. Maybe in the right scheme he can blossom, but in 4yrs. at UF he never distinguished himself. JMHO.

Round One best player available
Round two A BPA
Round two B BPA
Round three A BPA

This how you win don't draft for need draft for value

Round One best player available
Round two A BPA
Round two B BPA
Round three A BPA

This how you win don't draft for need draft for value

Sorry, but that is the sorriest strategy that could ever be employed. Pure garbage.

You would be the first to crucify Ireland if the "BPA" just happened to be QB, LT, QB and linebacker. And that could be the real result of a BPA strategy.

You would cry like a little girl.

Sorry, but that is the sorriest strategy that could ever be employed. Pure garbage.

You would be the first to crucify Ireland if the "BPA" just happened to be QB, LT, QB and linebacker. And that could be the real result of a BPA strategy.

You would cry like a little girl.
BPA within reason obviously. You just drafted Tannehill, you aren't going to draft Geno Smith and Matt Barkley if they are on the board. But he's right, Miami could use guys on the DL, LB, DB, OL, WR, TE, etc. . . . don't need to stess WR early if there is a stud LB there . . . take the guy you have rated higher. If its close, go with the position of need. But if you have a clear cut head and shoulders above the next guy . . . you take him, even if the "next guy" is a position of weakness. Just don't fill needs, get better as an overall team.

I believe he should have said

Round one: Best player available at a posistion of need.
Round two A: Best player available at a posistion of need.
Round two B: Best player available at a posistion of need.
Round three: Best player available at a posistion of need.

Which is what he actually meant most likely.

I'd be shocked if we did that but yeah, I'd be happy with it. Patterson, Eifert, Rambo and Thomas all look like great picks to me. I could live with the rest even if they were all busts, because I'm convinced the 4 I mentioned were all good players.

We need playmakers.
That much is a given. Here's a mock that would provide us with just that. It's not without risk of course (injuries and or character issues).
It may not even be that realistic, although I don't hunk it's out if the realm
Of possibility to hit on a number of these. Starting with a trade down is unlikely, but it was more
Fun to think about it this way.
It's highly unlikely that JI and Philbin share my draft strategy or philosophy, but would be interested in what you all think.

1 WR Patterson (trade down to 20 and still get to snag him, talk about open field vision RAC!)

2 TE Eifert (I've seen 2 mocks
Recently putting him in 2nd, will open up the seam, can block too)

2 DE Carredine (injury drops him, we pull the trigger, may need to wait a year, but worth the risk)

2 WR Bailey (another playmaker for Tanne)

3 FS Rambo (another playmaker, some risk here, but would be a great tandem with jones)

3 OLB Thomas (evergthing you want in a LB, a welcome addition to help with pass rush and boost LB depth, of which we have none!)

4 CB Matthieu (playmaker...also a risk, but at this stage, also worth the risk)

5 OT Nixon (may not last til 5th.)

6 OG Uzzi (supp pick)

7 DE Kruger (thanks CK for the recent post. CBS has him as the #22 DE prospect, rd7/udfa!)

7 TE Fauria (hope he's more than Joey haynos v2.0), and can provide a redzone/endzone threat with his height).

Or could take a flyer on RB Lattimore here if he's miraculously still on the board.

Offense:
WR Patterson
WR Bailey
TE Eifert
TE Fauria
OT Nixon
OG Uzzi

Defense:
DE Carredine
DE Kruger
OLB Thomas
CB honey badger
S Rambo

I'm not sure if all the players you listed will be available where you mocked them, but I absolutely love your picks. If our draft worked out like this, I would be ecstatic - playmakers everywhere!!

I believe he should have said

Round one: Best player available at a posistion of need.
Round two A: Best player available at a posistion of need.
Round two B: Best player available at a posistion of need.
Round three: Best player available at a posistion of need.

Which is what he actually meant most likely.

I am pretty sure that did DID NOT mean BPA at position of need, but it would have been smarter if he did.

I have always proposed my "BIPA" method of drafting, which means "Best Impact Player Available". In a nutshell, this means picking the guy that will have the MOST IMPACT to your team. You look at all the available players, and you choose the one that will impact your team the greatest. And that person is not always the BPA. It is a combination of BPA and need, in the most efficient compination of such.

Take an example, if Barkley slid all the way down to the bottom of RD1, I would say there is a good chance that he would be considered the BPA by most. But, I guarantee you that neither the Ravens nor the 49'ers would pick him. Why? Because he might be the BPA at that point, but they would get more "bang for buck" by drafting more towards needs and upcoming holes on their roster, hence the BIPA.

Good draft but question, do you have Hartline staying? Also assuming we get Jennings the depth chart would look like; 1. Jennings 2. Hartline 3. Patterson 4. Bess 5. Bailey 6. Matthews/Binns which is a definite upgrade.

I'm usually all for the BPA mantra but this team cannot score points at all! When are we going to have more than one or two 30 point games in a season around here? Our offense blows, and has blown for almost 15-20 years. Draft the hell out of playmakers at WR, TE, RB......everything else is secondary....even the secondary is secondary.

Until we can score, we won't win. Draft offense heavy...let's take some risks for once.

The Falcons D was average (still is)...yet they went out and got Gonzalez - then later traded up for Julio. No they aren't in the Superbowl but since they drafted their QB, they have done much better than we have.

Screw the BPA stuff right now...go get some ballers that can score for Tanny.

Back
Top Bottom