Boomer Esiason Tells it like it is on NFL.com | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer Esiason Tells it like it is on NFL.com

He was wrong about Jay and AJ being the same QB.
Some players have complained that AJ throws too hard and the balls are difficult to catch.Why is that? My theory is that the receivers are used to catch Jays floaters and
and the adjustment is something difficult to make .

I dont mean to compare AJ to Marino but receivers complained at first about the same thing.Dans passes were hard to catch.They got used to it eventually.

Ive liked what I have seen of AJ and I think he will eventually take the job away from Jay never again to relinquish it.

My only concern with AJ is the ackwardness in which he handles the ball behind the line of scrimmage.I hope he overcomes that or we are going to see a lot of QB fumbles

CrunchTime said:
Some players have complained that AJ throws too hard and the balls are difficult to catch.Why is that? My theory is that the receivers are used to catch Jays floaters and

I dont mean to compare AJ to Marino but receivers complained at first about the same thing.Dans passes were hard to catch.They got used to it eventually.

Ive liked what I have seen of AJ and I think he will eventually take the job away from Jay never again to relinquish it.

My only concern with AJ is the ackwardness in which he handles the ball behind the line of scrimmage.I hope he overcomes that or we are going to see a lot of QB fumbles

It may translate into fumbles but it doesnt take long for him to get rid of the ball.

CrunchTime said:

this thread has BS written all over it

AJ looks even worse than I thought he would. He looks like a scared kid out there. I really wish they would give Sage a shot, but if they don't this is gonna be an easy decision as to who starts. The only question about AJ will be will he be on the practice squad or just be cut.

:laughat:
NCFINFAN38 said:
AJ looks even worse than I thought he would. He looks like a scared kid out there. I really wish they would give Sage a shot, but if they don't this is gonna be an easy decision as to who starts. The only question about AJ will be will he be on the practice squad or just be cut.

NCFINFAN38 said:

What game were you watching???

We may not like what ex-players say all the time, but I'll listen to them anyway. Afterall, the've played the game at the NFL level, so the have a better understanding than we do. I watch on TV, read newspapers, check out several web sites,but we as fan don't really understand and unless you've been there you don't either. Plus afterall, they only give us their OPINIONS

steveincolorado said:
We may not like what ex-players say all the time, but I'll listen to them anyway. Afterall, the've played the game at the NFL level, so the have a better understanding than we do. I watch on TV, read newspapers, check out several web sites,but we as fan don't really understand and unless you've been there you don't either. Plus afterall, they only give us their OPINIONS
yea your right about the majority, but i really cant stand Norman..

NCFINFAN38 said:

Maybe he looked, more like unsure or hesitant. I mean he was playing with the 2nd and 3rd team offense, 4th and 5th string recievers and only has had to learn the terminoligy and playbook for only about 5 months compared to JF's 4 + years.

I did notice that Fiedler completed only ONE of his 4 passes to a WIDE RECIEVER, and that was for only 8 yds. He completed 50% of his passes to his escape valve (RBs) where they made great YAC. Good job on this part of the game, but not a good job at completing throws down field.

On the other hand AJ completed ALL of his passes to a WIDE RECIEVER, for an average of 20 yds per completion. AJ gets the better performance out of the 2 them, when it came to passing downfield...

The challenge continues.....

Back
Top Bottom