Boomer, Just Curious Where You Get All Your Info | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer, Just Curious Where You Get All Your Info

breckenridge55

K-STATE PHIN
Reaction score
Hey, I'm always extremely interested in the draft year after year and I love to read your comments and your information but I was just wondering where you got it all. Are you like an insider or do you know of a great site or something? Just curious because I am trying to put together my mock draft from this year and a lot of things change after the Senior Bowl practices and the Combine which I was unable to see. Thanks for all your info and try to help me out here!

Oh also, is there any place where I can find one easy to read chart of the players who attended the Combine and their numbers in every drill/test?

Breck - I've been a disciple of the draft for about 16 years. We have been running magazines in the UK for a few years on and off and you build up contacts. You also have to know the right places to look and when you keep looking in the right places and talk to the people who run the right places, you tend to get some information slipped to you that maybe doesn't enter the normal arena. It's just a case of digging around and talking to people - or e-mailing them, as is usually the case !!

Drop me your e-mail address and I'll send you all the heights, weights, individual drills info as soon as I get it.

Oh and Breck - I'm a journalist by trade, so it also helps to have the odd contact in the press, some of whom tend to get to things like the Senior Bowl and the Combine.

Hey Boom, if you don't mind me asking, which magazine do you/did you write for over here?

Hey, you can just send it to my finheaven address (since I am a "writer" here, lol, even though people like you know a lot more and have more contacts than we do) at bbrecheisen@finheaven.com

I hope to be a journalist after my school days are over, so it's kinda cool to have one on these boards. Thanks for the info Boomer!

Hey Boomer, just wondering if you got a messanging service or something? I'm bored and was interested just chatting about the draft and what you think of some guys, let me know if you have some time or something. My AOL Instnat Messsanger handle is breckenridge55 if you have it. Thanks.

Yeah, stuck down in Bristol. Am always on the look-out for good UK magazines, and especially interested in finding UK peeps with any insider-knowledge.

I'm constantly tempted to create a decent UK NFL site. UKgridiron.co.uk and a few others have tried, but ultimately failed to create any sort of uk community. There's just nothing on any UK site that is worth visiting every day, they're barely even updated. It's a shame because I know there's a helluva lot of serious fans over here.

One day I'll get around to it, so the more knowledgeable UK people I know of the better.

Back
Top Bottom